5.0 out of 5 stars Fits both 9" and 10" pies
Published on November 2, 2011 by Lynn Marie

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not last long
. The problem was that they tore the first time they were used? The fit and ease of use were good, except for tearing.
Published on December 15, 2011 by Steve

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits both 9" and 10" pies, November 2, 2011
Lynn Marie (Medford, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Talisman Designs Adjustable Pie Shield (Kitchen)
I was trying to find a pie crust shield that would fit my 10" pies - most of the silicone pie shields only fit 9" pies, or adjust from 8" to 9", but this one easily fits up to 10". I bake a lot of pies during the holiday season, and enjoy not having to remove poorly laid tinfoil partially through baking. The pie shield also cleans easily and can be folded to fit in a smaller drawer. All-in-all, this was exactly what I was looking for.

4.0 out of 5 stars As Advertised, February 17, 2012
This review is from: Talisman Designs Adjustable Pie Shield (Kitchen)
I have been using foil on the edges of my pie crusts for years and I finally got tired of folding, molding, and re-attaching.
So I put this on my Amazon wish list and got it. Used it on a pecan pie a couple of weeks ago and the crust edges were perfect.
Be advised that the tab on the side of one end, which you slip into the proper slot on the other end for the size dish you have,
does not snap in tightly. This is not a problem, but rather an observation so you know you are not doing anything wrong. It
stays together just fine while baking and is easily separated so you don't mess up your crust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pie Crust Saver, November 11, 2011
This review is from: Talisman Designs Adjustable Pie Shield (Kitchen)
I was so tired of trying to use foil on my pie crusts to prevent burning. I could never get the foil to shape right with out taking several minutes. I bought three-get one free Talisman Design Adjustable Pie Shield. I tried one today and I love it!! It only takes a few seconds to place on pie crust. So easy. My pie turned out perfect. I am enjoying pie baking again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly! Love that you can use it on many pans!, December 20, 2011
This review is from: Talisman Designs Adjustable Pie Shield (Kitchen)
I had no problem with odor or over-browning with these shields. I have the metal kind and they don't fit my pie pans. I love that I can use this on the smaller store bought pie crust tins and on my glass pans. So much better than foil!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars bigger would be better, March 2, 2012
This review is from: Talisman Designs Adjustable Pie Shield (Kitchen)
If you have a larger pie pan then I recommend you order two of these. It is a little on the small size and left a 1 inch gap on the edge of my pie. It has a 9.5in diameter on the largest setting down to a 7.5in dia.

5.0 out of 5 stars TAN, don't burn, January 2, 2013
Length:: 3:12 Mins

Having read a number of the comments on the Adjustable Pie Shield, I wanted to offer my own experience with the product -- which has been 100% positive.

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not last long, December 15, 2011
Steve (St Charles, MO, United States) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars This is worse than no cover!, December 22, 2012
This review is from: Talisman Designs Adjustable Pie Shield (Kitchen)
I have used this twice now, two 10 1/2-inch deep dish pies each time. The shield is not big enough to fit all the way around, so I put a piece of foil in the gap. The first time I followed the instructions to put the shield on before baking and it flattened my beautiful fluting. The second time I put it on after the first 10 minutes. It didn't flatten the fluting that time, but in both instances the crust was burnt more than if I'd just baked it without any cover. I'm returning the four I bought for my sisters for Christmas and will ask if I can return the 2 I bought for myself. This is a terrible sham that seems like it should work, but doesn't. One reason may be that the shield doesn't hang far enough over the edge of the pie pan to completely cover the crust. But it's really hot when you take the pie out of the oven, so I think it just intensifies the heat under it rather than reflecting it as the old-style aluminum ones and foil do. Very disappointing to have Christmas pies with burnt crust.Talisman Designs Adjustable Pie Shield

1.0 out of 5 stars Crushed my pie crimp., April 25, 2013
This review is from: Talisman Designs Adjustable Pie Shield (Kitchen)
I tried this on a 10" pie. It didn't cover the full edge so I covered the remaining inch with foil. When I pulled the baked pie out, the entire crimp was CRUSHED (as was my heart) EXCEPT for the part cover with foil. The weight of this thing is too heavy for my delicate, all-butter crust. Back to foil for me and into the garbage goes this thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, January 2, 2014
This review is from: Talisman Designs Adjustable Pie Shield (Kitchen)
This adjustable pie shield works very nicely with pretty much any sized pie. I've used it with my deep dish pie pan and with those 9 inch foil ones. It's made of a flexible rubbery type material, but be careful when handling it out of the oven because that sucker does get very hot! It's also very easy to clean and store since it just folds right up. I would recommend putting it on after the first 15 minutes of baking though because if you put it on as soon as you put the pie in the oven, it will flatten out the raw dough of the crust and leave it looking kinda ugly when the pie is done. Bake the pie for 10-15 minutes to give the dough time to cook a little and become less pliable, and then put the shield on after that.

Talisman Designs Adjustable Pie Shield