Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on June 26, 2011
I am a practicing educator who frequently seeks out books on the profession, and this book is fairly superficial and states the obvious when it comes to professional conversations. I am about 80% through and the gist of the book is teachers need to talk about the "big ideas", there needs to be trust in order for this to happen, and that administrators make teachers feel vulnerable so be mindful. Just a lot of blather to fill a book otherwise. Pretty disappointed given who the author is. There are a lot of other great titles out there that your money could be better spent on. I am the type of reader who rarely dislikes a book, so for me to give a poor rating is indicative of weak content. I am likely not even going to bother finishing it at this point. Oh, and it is way over priced even on the Kindle. If you feel you must read this then buy my used copy, I plan on selling it cheap. ;)
on July 24, 2012
Great book for supervisors, teacher leaders, coaches and anyone who is in the position to begin conversations with teachers about teaching!
on August 12, 2013
Nice resource. Great for those in a leadership position. High quality. Excellent value. Great to reference. Easy to read. A+.
on January 11, 2013
The book is perfect for a continuation study of the Danielson framework tool. Very good to use with small groups of teachers.
on October 19, 2013
I got this for an admin class, but as I'm reading it, there are a lot of concepts that I can apply to my teaching right now...Makes me think about what I'm doing in my teaching all the time. Great read.
on November 10, 2015
Showed up on time and as expected.
on August 8, 2014
Fabulous resource for teachers.
on June 22, 2016
Excellent
on May 1, 2013
A must have book for all educators! Writing is engaging, easy to read and difficult to put down. I love this book!