Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

87%
13%
Format: Paperback|Change

on June 23, 2010
I don't believe I can adequately express in word the influence or importance this book has had in my journey. The irony is that in this book Dr. Anderson teaches us how to express those deeper feelings to God via praying the Psalms. As we pray them, we move to a deeper, greater encounter with a loving God. I would be doing you a HUGE disservice if I did not express the importance of having this tool in your arsenal.

Generally the basic prayers we are taught, and how we're taught to pray, I would equate with being the B-league in baseball. I would equate praying the Psalms with being on the All-Star team in baseball. I'm not at all saying that if you don't pray the Psalms, that your prayers are meaningless. That's absolutely not the case at all. God hears us right where we are, and with whatever capacity we have. What I am saying, is if you want to experience a deeper and closer encounter with God, then this is where you need to be.

Praying the Psalms gives us a voice when we often don't know what to pray, but know that there's something in our heart to pray. Over the past few days, I have been able to more fully express my fears, concerns, inadequacies, and more to God; and truly have them laid at His feet. I've come to understand more fully that the trappings of life that we all desire don't come close to being in the presence of and having a deep encounter with the Most High. I've been able to fully experience what's known as the "sweet spot" where everything is just laid bare at the feet of a loving God.

Do yourself a huge favor, and get this valuable resource/tool for your walk with God. You will never be the same, and you will not regret it.
on December 16, 2013
We used this book in a Reading Group at church and it opened minds and hearts to the Psalms. It has transformed many of prayer lives. When I cannot find the words in prayer, talking back to God, using His words , fills the void. Wonderful book!
on August 7, 2012
This book helped me to gain a different view of my prayer life and helped me to regain some of the lost zeal I had for talking to God. I not even through it yet. :)
on March 15, 2013
This book is very helpful. It is a wonderful resource for encouraging one's Christian walk. It is an excellent book.
on July 1, 2014
Wonderful thoughts to be remembered daily.
on June 18, 2014
This book is a great introduction to the power of the psalms and how they can be utilized each day in the life of a disciple. Anderson's book reflects his lifelong relationship with the psalms and how they are more than just pieces of spiritual poetry. They are the very words we pray back to God in every human experience.
on June 18, 2014
With the heart of a pastor and the words of a scholar, Lynn Anderson leads you to a much deeper and more meaningful understanding of the Psalms in your own life. His encouragement to "Pray the psalms" can change your prayer life and change you as you draw close to God through the words of Israel's ancient song writers!
on June 20, 2014
Lynn's insights, teaching, sharing, and praying of the Psalms have actually changed my life. It has helped get my heart open and helped me feel in a much more healthy way. If you want help with your emotions or your walk with God, read this and get anything else you can find by Lynn about the Psalms!