5.0 out of 5 stars Stop Thinking of Aging as a Problem. Start Thinking About Spiritual Gifts!
For all the thousands of books about aging--usually regarded as a problem to solved--there are precious few writers exploring the spiritual gifts of aging. One of those rare and important writers is Missy Buchanan and her newest offering, published by Upper Room Books, is well worth buying.

Why dwell on aging? Let's face it: As a nation, we are aging! As much...
Published on March 16, 2010 by David Crumm

3.0 out of 5 stars Old Age Devotions
This thin booklet contains a first-person account of a nursing home resident, talking to God. Each thought is followed by a selection from Psalms, reassuring of God's unchanging love and presence.

Many of the fears and concerns of the aging are accurately presented, which can make it depressing reading. Only by focusing on the final thoughts of each meditation...
Published on February 13, 2011 by Sally

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for the old., January 17, 2011
This review is from: Talking with God in Old Age: Meditations and Psalms (Paperback)
My 80 year old Mom had seen Roberts on Good Morning America recommend this book, and that her own Mom had read it. My Mom loved it and wants everyone to read it, and if she had the funds she would buy copies of it for church and friends. Mom really liked it because of the Psalms part and that it touched on how it is to grow old, that she says none of us understand. I thought I did! My bad, and I will be reading her copy. Thank you.

2.0 out of 5 stars Critique, December 28, 2012
I am very satisfied with the quality and delivery of this book.
My dissatisfaction comes from the tone of the content so far. I was hoping for more of an uplifting experience.To be fair to the author, I will write again after getting further into the book. We all experience aging differently, so there is no wrong or right way to portray the subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Attention: Assisted Living and Hospice Volunteers, June 17, 2014
Missy Buchanan writes from her heart, and from experience. This book was first loaned to me by a 105-year-old friend, and I ended up buying it for my library. Just little vignettes of life at the far end of this spectrum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent writer, February 12, 2014
Helpful and easy to read. Old age is a good time to spend
more time with the scriptures. I this the writer is right on with
the needs of aging people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book for those people who can't quite do what they used to do., November 15, 2013
I gave this to my aging aunt and mother in law. They both loved it. In fact we used it at my aunt's funeral. Very short stories that truly hit home and bring a chuckle and a reminder of days gone by, but in a very positive way - not at all heavy, nor sad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Find comfort knowing others are experiencing what you are....you are not alone!, November 3, 2013
The author knows what our elderly are thinking, pondering, worrying and wondering about as they age....The conversations that she writes between God and His "old friend" are spot on and are a tremendous comfort because you or a loved one know you are not alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Loved Ones in Nursing Facilities, August 7, 2013
My Mother is uplifted daily when I read from this book. The meditations describe her situation, emotions and illness perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the book, April 2, 2013
I originally bought it just for me but after receiving it and reading I share it with my elderly clients as I visit them usually they are in a nursing home or unable to leave their own home and they love the stories beacuse they relate to them and they are short enough for them to remember.

5.0 out of 5 stars Talking with God in Old Age, December 12, 2012
Four dear friends and myself exchange gifts at Christmas, when I saw this and read it, I knew it would be a fun and inspirational gift to include on as my exchange gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, December 1, 2012
i won't admit to old age but this a great book and it helps to understand alot of things we might have thought of.

Talking with God in Old Age: Meditations and Psalms
Talking with God in Old Age: Meditations and Psalms by Missy Buchanan (Paperback - February 15, 2010)
$12.00 $10.57