Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Talking with God in Old Age: Meditations and Psalms
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 3, 2011
I thought this book was simply wonderful and so sad. It brought back so many memories of my mother who passed away March 2009. She was in a retirement home..not by choice but out of necessity. Now I know how she must have felt being away from her own home and having to go someplace where you do not know anyone. It's like putting an animal out to pasture. The book broke my heart and made me feel so quilty. I will keep it forever and read it when I get into the same situation as my mother.
on February 15, 2011
TALKING WITH GOD IN OLD AGE starts out with a meditation where they discuss the normalness of cornflakes, about being frugal, about pain, grumpy moments, dignity (or other problems) and how the older person feels about them after living a full life. It is followed by a Psalm that relates to the passage somewhat. The print is large, making it easier for the older person to see.

Seniors that are struggling with aging and the situations that come along with it (such as diagnosis of disease, eye-sight, money issues, etc will find comfort in discovering that they are not alone and the Bible does address these issues in the most loved book of the Bible, the Psalms.

If you are an older adult, minister to them, or work with them, then you will find TALKING WITH GOD IN OLD AGE to be a beneficial guide. It captures the essence of the journey of frailty, yet with a glimpse of hope. I think this book would be beneficial to health care providers (to enable them to sympathize), to libraries in both churches and nursing homes, and to anyone who ministers specifically to the elderly (the senior saints in churches, nursing home ministries, etc.) An easy read, this book is sure to be some comfort to the hurting. This is not a devotional, and not meant to be one.
on June 17, 2014
Missy Buchanan writes from her heart, and from experience. This book was first loaned to me by a 105-year-old friend, and I ended up buying it for my library. Just little vignettes of life at the far end of this spectrum.
on November 3, 2013
The author knows what our elderly are thinking, pondering, worrying and wondering about as they age....The conversations that she writes between God and His "old friend" are spot on and are a tremendous comfort because you or a loved one know you are not alone.
on December 28, 2012
I am very satisfied with the quality and delivery of this book.
My dissatisfaction comes from the tone of the content so far. I was hoping for more of an uplifting experience.To be fair to the author, I will write again after getting further into the book. We all experience aging differently, so there is no wrong or right way to portray the subject.
on July 27, 2015
I work as a chaplain in a long-term care facility and am always looking for materials to use for Bible Study and devotions. I shared a reading from this book with a group of seniors, and they were amazed that someone could understand so well the trials and blessings of their lives.
on October 15, 2014
Circulated and ended up purchasing more copies for residents at my Mom's nursing home facility. One resident bought a copy for her daughters so they could better understand her at this stage of her life.

on April 2, 2013
I originally bought it just for me but after receiving it and reading I share it with my elderly clients as I visit them usually they are in a nursing home or unable to leave their own home and they love the stories beacuse they relate to them and they are short enough for them to remember.
on January 4, 2011
My mom who is 84 just loved this book. She's not a big reader, but she sat down one morning and read the whole thing! She can't wait to show it to some of her friends.
on February 12, 2014
Helpful and easy to read. Old age is a good time to spend
more time with the scriptures. I this the writer is right on with
the needs of aging people.