5.0 out of 5 stars ADDICTIVE NAVY SEAL'S ROMANCES GET A 2-IN-1 REISSUE
Published on March 27, 2011 by Buggy

3.0 out of 5 stars Tall, dark and devastating
A little tired...These sequels were just not up to the standard of her earlier books in this Navy Seals series.
Published 10 months ago by Eileen P. Frost

5.0 out of 5 stars ADDICTIVE NAVY SEAL'S ROMANCES GET A 2-IN-1 REISSUE, March 27, 2011
Buggy "SUNNIE Day reader" (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This is a fun, sexy, exciting series with larger then life Navy SEAL heroes, capable of anything it seems except falling in love easily. TD and Devastating contains books 5 & 6 from Brockmann's Tall Dark and Dangerous series which is being re-released as 2-in-1's with way better covers. Using proper military jargon Brockman gives us delicious alpha-male heroes and just the right amount of action, suspense and sweet romance to keep you coming back for more. And with each story just different enough from the last that it feels fresh and unique while still connecting the series as a whole, these well written quickie romances are totally addictive. While each can be read as a stand-alone I recommend trying to read them in order due to the continuing and evolving story arcs, and I dare you not to fall for any member of SEAL Team Tens alpha squad.

Both of the stories here are super good, with fast paced plots, memorable characters, searing love scenes and sigh worthy endings. I couldn't really choose a favourite although because I have a thing for tortured heroes I'd have to say Crash (Hawken's Heart) is pretty dreamy.

First up was HARVARD'S EDUCATION and while I will admit this was a bit slow to get started by the end however I really felt like I knew our heroes and was completely wrapped up in their lives. When Harvard and the team take on an experimental training assignment no one expects a girl to be among the FInCOM recruits. After all with the type of life and death situations they face the SEAL's are exclusive boys club and that's just the way Harvard likes it. Enter PJ Richards, sharpshooter, most capable recruit, Harvard's perfect intellectual match and of course all woman. With his sexist attitude these two have problems from the start. Harvard just doesn't believe women belong in a combat zone, it's too dangerous, too brutal and she would be far too distracting.

The ending chapters here were fantastic as a planned out of country "training" mission goes horribly wrong. Leaving me hanging for quite a while as to whether the mission (and fatalities) were real or in fact a training op. Pinned down by hostiles, armed only with paint ball guns, and with their Captain severely injured and held hostage it's going to be up to PJ and Harvard to save the day. Will he be able to set his prejudices aside long enough to let PJ do her job and help rescue their team mates?

With HAWKEN'S HEARTH we get Billy "Crash" Hawken's story and Jeez did I ever fall hard for him. A member of the elite "Grey group" Crash is aloof, loyal to a fault and oh so sexy in his secretive, lethal sort of way. He's a man of few words and even less emotion, or so it seems. Told in two distinct sections each taking place a year apart Brockman encompass one of my favourite themes with this one; that of reunited lovers, made even better here as they're on the run and that always guarantees a good time.

When Crash becomes the prime suspect in the assassination of his commanding officer he is charged with treason, conspiracy and murder. Stripped of his commission he awaits the death penalty. The last person he expects to visit him in prison is Nell Burns; I mean things didn't exactly end well between them and he hasn't spoken to her since, avoiding any contact by accepting multiple overseas missions. Her faith in him is unwavering though and as she tries to clear his name Nell unwittingly becomes a target, forcing these former lovers on the run. When it becomes evident that Crash is going to give his life to keep Nell safe and find the man responsible for killing the Admiral SEAL Team 10 enters the picture to back up our boy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book 3, May 15, 2013
Stephanie (Springfield, Mo, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tall, Dark and Devastating (Kindle Edition)
I read this series in all kinds of the wrong order so I'm going to help out anyone else trying to figure out where to go (since my Kindle suggested the wrong order) and clue y'all in. This is book 3.

I came to the TDD world after Troubleshooters so it was interesting to see the parallels and you could literally read as Brockmann was fleshing out what would become the TS world. That said the characters aren't as developed. She relies a little heavier on generic "damaged man" cliches. They're still good stories.

The first story is about the Senior Chief (who is smart enough to be an officer but chooses not to) and a government agent (who is black, sassy, and kicks butt). The story itself was ok. What I found interesting in this one was that you could see Stan and Alyssa being fleshed out. Together. It's like an alternate universe. LOL It might be for that reason that this story isn't one of my more re-read stories out of this series.

The second story is a hero framed for a crime and on the run story that reminded me of Sam and Alyssa's book or maybe Nillson and Meg. Good story. Liked the characters.

Love this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love those SEALS!, June 5, 2014
This review is from: Tall, Dark and Devastating (Kindle Edition)
What can I say except I'm a HUGE fan of Suzanne Brockmann! Absolutely love all her books! She makes you feel like a woman just from reading her books!

4.0 out of 5 stars I love series, May 14, 2014
This review is from: Tall, Dark and Devastating (Kindle Edition)
I always enjoy books that pick up the same characters through a series and each book spotlights a different character. This series is very good and that's one of the things that make it good. Extremely well written and hard to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suzanne Brockmann, May 9, 2014
She is an excellent writer have bought many many of her books and will continue to buy them. As for these stupid reviews on amazon I do not like them.

5.0 out of 5 stars very absorbing, April 11, 2014
This review is from: Tall, Dark and Devastating (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put it down. Great characters with great storyline. Full of surprises. I love all of Suzanne Brockman's Books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brockmann does it, October 9, 2013
Kindle Customer (Cape Coral, FL, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tall, Dark and Devastating (Kindle Edition)
I believe I have read everything printed by Suzanne Brockman and I am never disappointed with her stories. Even though she writes about hero's girl get guy, guy gets girl, she is amazing in holding the interest and story lines so well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Series!, September 4, 2013
This review is from: Tall, Dark and Devastating (Kindle Edition)
I really like Suzanne Brockmann but the Tall, Dark and Dangerous series is my favorite. I would highly recommend this series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tall, dark and devastating, August 23, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, June 14, 2013
This review is from: Tall, Dark and Devastating (Kindle Edition)
The author makes the characters come alive. I can picture them in the people I see

around me. Great read. Realistic in the right ways.

Tall, Dark and Devastating