Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Package Quantity: 1|Change

on April 30, 2013
Well, I just couldn't resist writing my review about this particular product. After reading some of the reviews on here, I have to say......you just gotta have a little patience. No, I'm not saying this is the best trap that's on the market, but my experience with this trap has been nothing but a winner. I do have to admit that when I first set this out in my yard, I was a bit skeptical. Even though the trap is built super-strong ......I do know that moles are real cunning type creatures that are hard to get. After a few days I looked out my window one morning and low and behold, the trap had been tripped !!!. I went out to check the results and ........nothing there. Hmmmmm. So, I reset the trap in the very same hole and a couple of days later........it was tripped again. Well.......again, the same results..........nothing. I'm kind of a resilient type person, so I just reset the trap again......yes, in the same hole. Well, a few days past and nothing was happening. One day I went out to do some errands and when I returned I noticed the trap had been tripped again. Well, not really expecting any results, I went to check it out. When I pulled up on the trap to check it, I realized it was kind of hard to pull up. When I got it out of the ground.......there it was!!!! A big fat mole !!!! It must have been the Granddaddy....lol. I was finally happy about what was happening. When I got the mole out of the trap, I just simply put the trap back in the same hole. Not really knowing whether or not a mole has a particular territory that he has domain over, I was just taking the chance. Hey, a couple of days later, it was tripped again. When I checked it...... there was another mole. A little smaller than the first, but.....it was a mole. I have repeatedly put my trap back in the same hole each time since and have caught four moles. Don't give up on this trap. I am a firm believer. It works !! Like I said on my heading...........Patience is a virtue. I bought my trap last year at Walmart on their clearance item rack. Just taking a chance, but it panned out for me. They are a bit higher at regular price........I think around $18.00 to $20.00 or so. The thing I really like about this trap is that you can use it again and again. It would take some real bad treatment in order to tear this thing up, so it should last for a long time. Hope this kinda helps to let people know a little more about this trap. Thanks and get them moles outta here !!!
on May 11, 2011
Tomcat Mole Trap comes with written instructions, but for those of you who prefer seeing how to use it, this instructional video should show you how to use this trap correctly.
on October 28, 2014
Unbelievable! how often do you find a product that exceeds your expectations? Over the years I've purchased or borrowed several different types of mole traps...never got one mole. I purchased the tomcat mole trap at Fleet Farm 16 months ago (eighteen bucks) and WOW! Every time I hit a live run and it trips, there's one of those little basterds in the jaws...with their stupid little red nose, ugly teeth and those ridiculous jazz hands attached to where their nipples should be. You get the idea, I despise these little yard wrecking varmints. Buy this trap, you won't be disappointed. Read the directions, understand the trap and behavior of moles and you'll get 'em every time!!!
on February 10, 2011
I purchased this trap last summer after having tried other styles of traps without any success. I was almost ready to throw in the towel when I came across Talpirid trap. I really liked the fact that you did not have to dig up a section of tunnel to bury the trap and dig it up to check it. You just need to make 2 slices in the ground, set the trap and you can easily tell if the trap was set off just by looking at it from a distance. I live in a subdivision on a half acre parcel so you would not think that I would have to deal with that many moles destroying my lawn. Well, I have to tell you, I've caught 5 moles from July to October and when we had some milder days this January, I saw some fresh tunnels, set the trap and caught me another. Please note, you need to be patient. Sometimes you may get the mole the same or the next day. There were a couple of times where the trap wasn't set off until about 4 or 5 days later.

Do not believe the commenter who said that this trap is cheaply constructed. This is a solid unit. You won't be disappointed. Happy mole hunting.
on May 12, 2013
At first, I found the trap very difficult to set. Looking back, I blame the instructions for that. We have heavy clayish soil. Two slots must be cut into a tunnel before inserting the jaws of the trap. If the slots aren't cut deep enough or wide enough and the soil is heavy, a 250 pound man can't budge the foot pedal to set the trap. I literally thought the trap was jammed and possibly defective... except I could move the pedal fairly easily with my bare hands after I removed it from the soil! Therefore if the pedal doesn't depress easily with your foot when setting the trap, remove the trap from the soil and make the slots' depth and width more generous. After the trap sets easily, lightly cover the slots with enough loose soil to block light from entering the tunnel.

Also, the instructions say to use your heel to create a depression for the trap's trigger. A broom handle did a better job of making a depression.

Finally, handle the trap mostly by its pedal since any human scent on the trap's underside may scare the mole away.

I'm certain it was beginner's luck but once I set the trap properly, I caught a mole in 3 hours. In spite of that, I just ordered 2 more traps since I think the odds of catching a mole improve if it can be surrounded by traps. Considering the amount of lawn damage our mole caused before it met its demise, I don't want another mole to have that much opportunity only because I didn't have enough traps to catch it quickly. Is that being paranoid? Probably, but one little mole made me as angry and frustrated as Bill Murray's character in the movie Caddy Shack!
on July 22, 2011
So here's my story. First of all, I've no particular interest in promoting any particular mole trap. I just want to let folks know what worked (and didn't) for me.

About five weeks ago I began to notice that I had a new mole problem in my yard. Two to four new mounds would be noticed each morning. I had a similar problem last year and a `professional' mole trapper caught one and the problem went away for several months.

I initially bought three different brands of traps (Macabee, Talprid, and Victor) and set them out following the manufacturers instructions. Because I have a big lawn and wanted to construct a valid `scientific' experiment I set out six of each trap in various locations throughout the lawn. Each morning I would check the Macabee and Victor traps and usually I would see that the traps had been covered by dirt. To me this showed that the holes were active. However, in all these cases the traps failed to trigger despite proof of fresh mole activity. The Talprid trap was occasionally triggered but no evidence of mole demise was found...and fresh mole activity was noted the next day.

I then recalled the brand of trap that the mole trapper from last year had employed. A little internet search showed me that it was the Cinch brand mole trap. I purchased several Cinch traps and, after they arrived, began to incorporate them into my experiment.

I kept using the Victor and Macabee along with the Cinch traps despite my yard looking like a miniature movie set of a battlefield with mini-craters everywhere. But...success! Two days after beginning use of the Cinch traps I caught the first of three moles. The Victor and Macabee traps continued to be buried, rarely triggered, and never caught anything.

Three weeks later I still haven't had moles return. If they do I'll doubt I'll use anything but the Cinch traps.

Analysis: I know some writers swear by other brands and I have no doubt that they have a reason for doing so. They didn't work me. The Cinch traps did.
on June 21, 2011
I've been dealing with a mole problem for weeks. I've tried everything under the sun to catch and kill these critters with no success. Then a friend of mine from work told me about this mole trap and how good it was. Man am I glad he mentioned it. I got it in the mail on a Monday. That very afternoon I set it up in a spot I knew was active according to the instructions. The very next morning I looked out at the trap and saw I caught and killed my first mole. Success in less than 24 hours!!

Using this trap is like ice fishing with tip ups. You just set it and wait. When the yellow foot pedal is raised like a tip up your mole is caught.

Love this thing!
on March 26, 2016
As another reviewer posted, patience is the key ingredient for success with this mole trap. Even though this is off subject, I want to add that the Talpirid Mole poison that I purchased along with this trap, though expensive, works 100% of the time, at least here in southern Oregon. I am now able to use the Trap for mole clean up, as our mole problem went from a small concern to a major issue almost overnight this past year. The reason I mention the success of the Talpirid is due to the fact that there is no way we could have trapped as many moles as we (past tense now!) had. They would have been able to reproduce faster than we could trap them. But as to the trap itself, durable doesn't even begin to describe it! It is well worth the money and will last a person's lifetime, no doubt about it.
on March 19, 2011
I purchased this trap a few days ago and caught a mole the second time that I set it. It is easy to use and provides an unmistakable indication when it has been sprung by a mole. The hardest part of the process is to be patient in determining where the moles are active, and where to set the trap. I recommend placing it in the center part of a run, because you don't know which way they are digging. That way you have double the chance of catching the critter. There are video instructions on the Tomcat website that are helpful. I like it better than the baits because you know that it is working, whereas with the poison baits, the moles usually die underground.
If you have pets that go out into your yard, I recommend placing a bucket upside down over the trap once it is set, although I doubt a dog or cat could set off the trap by walking on it.

July 23, 2011: Do not try to set the trap without making the recommended shovel cuts in the ground. I broke off one of the moveable jaws because I failed to do so, or failed to make adequate cuts. Although it was my fault, the company was kind enough to send me a free replacement trap when I emailed them about buying a part to repair it, so hats off to their customer service department. To date, I have caught four moles.
on December 12, 2012
My husband got this at Lowe's, and even though I'm the wife, I HAD to write a review, because yes, I hate the moles, but I had my doubts about the likelihood that anything would get rid of those moles. First of all, just for comparison to whoever else's soil, we're in Kentucky.
My husband comes home from work, goes out to the yard to wherever the new activity is, steps on the tunnels, sets this thing, and at some point during the day, or night, it pops up, and he checks it. It's like a hobby. I think it's like fishing...the thrill of the one catch keeps him going back for more...this trap succeeds in catching moles about 80% of the time. At this time of year, the weather is getting cold, so the ground will begin to heave, and when that happens sometimes the trap appears to have caught a mole when it hasn't, but most of the time, it has one! I am SO pleasantly surprised by this trap. I recommend it to anyone with annoying little mole mounds and/or tunnels in their yard!