5.0 out of 5 stars warm slippers
Published on January 13, 2011 by Taterbug

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT SHEARLING SLIPPERS
Published 17 months ago by Jennifer Leigh

5.0 out of 5 stars warm slippers, January 13, 2011
These were purchased for my wife as a Christmas present this year and so far she is very pleased with the fit and warmth these slippers provide. We live in a cold state and she is always going outside on our porch for some reason or another and these slippers do the job and are durable and warm. Doesn't hurt them to get damp or slightly wet. Make sure you get a size larger than what you would normally wear! My wife usually wears an 8 but I ordered a size 9 and glad I did because they fit perfectly. Trust me with this!

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT SHEARLING SLIPPERS, November 6, 2012
I am extraordinarily disappointed with these slippers. The construction is good and superficially they appear to be exactly what I want, but the manufacturer cut a major corner and lined them with synthetic fleece instead of the real thing. There is real fleece in a ruff around the edge, but everything that touches your foot is synthetic. I've had them only a couple weeks and already it's matting uncomfortably under my feet, and is not nearly as warm as real sheep fleece will be.

I will need to replace these asap with real shearling slippers, so my $$ for these is effectively lost. I'll never buy from Tamarac again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not real sheepskin!, December 5, 2012
I loved them at first, but after wearing them a couple times...

1) I normally wear size 5 shoes. I ordered size 6, and they are too small. These are actually about a size 4.5.
2) the inside seam is very bulky and rubs against my toes painfully.
3) These are not 100% sheepskin! They have a genuine sheepskin collar (the part around the ankle that you turn down, that does not actually touch you) and a sheepskin insole, but the majority is actually synthetic 'wool', which is much more scratchy than real wool,and which makes my feet itch horribly. For the price, I expected to receive what the description stated, which only mentioned "sheepskin suede" and did NOT mention anything about synthetic liners at all.

I am returning these for a refund, I feel that they were falsely advertised and certainly NOT worth $45.00.

4.0 out of 5 stars really nice, but a bit tight-order one size up, October 21, 2011
This review is from: Tamarac by Slippers International Women's Galaxie Shearling Slipper (Apparel)
Just received these slippers-very warm and nice, but i have to admit that the size 9 is a bit tight-I think maybe i'll return them for a size 10, even though I am a standard 9 with all my other shoes-i only just noticed that another reviewer said to do just that, but unfortunately i missed it

4.0 out of 5 stars Great slippers when I got them, October 1, 2012
Trish (Wadsworth, IL) - See all my reviews
I just received these in the 'sand' color. I did read some reviews about sizing and I wear a 7.5 wide normally. So, based on some reviews I ordered a size 8. Without socks they fit but the heel slides up/down when walking. With socks on which is how I normally wear slippers - they fit perfect. I got the sand color as they were marked down to just shy of $23 and with the "Prime" trial membership I got them quick with no shipping charges (Bonus!) Only 4 stars as they're made in China and seem a tad "cheap" construction wise however - they fit well, are comfortable and don't have any abnormal odor or anything like that. I have fairly wide feet and I didn't find the toe area tight at all. I'm sure these will eventually stretch somewhat like any other brand of this type of slippers usually do. So, I'd base the size on your personal usage. I use them for taking the dog out or whenever I need to go short distances outside in cold or snowy weather. I don't usually wear them around the house unless it's crazy cold outside. They slip-on easily - no problem. If I get two years of use out of these it's well worth the price for this type of slipper you can wear outside if necessary.

10/18 update: yep, the cushy insole flattened out pretty quickly and they have stretched a little with minimal use BUT...I'm still happy with these for what I paid at reduced price and for my own needs. Just giving more info :)

A year later (10/2013): I still have these AND wearing them. I didn't use for summer months but they will definitely last another winter for myself. One slipper started having a worn spot on the back of the bottom back heel. I ironed on a small tan 'iron on patch' to cover it. Quick fix and just giving suggestions. Wish you could get 1/2 sz but not unhappy with what I original got. I would change to 5 stars but I can't because they are made in China. I think my next purchase (when needed) will be something else due to striving to stay with USA made.

Won't bother buying again due to recent reviews. Well, these were nice when I purchased is all I can further contribute.

5.0 out of 5 stars Was a gift., January 10, 2011
These were a gift for my mom for Christmas. She is always trying to find a good pair of slippers because her feet are always freezing!! Well I saw these and knew that they would be perfect. She barely takes them off. She is so in love with them. They keep her feet so warm and she can wear them outside as well. Great buy!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizes are WAY off, October 26, 2011
I just got these yesterday and was all excited to wear them now that it's getting cold. Read some of the reviews and ordered a size 7 when I take a size 6. I had thin socks on and these slippers were way too tight to be comfortable. I sure they will stretch but there should be some wiggle room in the toes. I'm returning them and I'll have to try the next size up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice enough, October 10, 2012
Wendi Dunlap (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
Received these in the color Sand today. They are warm and comfortable, though I am not sure there is any sign of the memory foam the product description mentioned. As everyone has said, they run SMALL! I ordered one size up and my toes touch the end of the slipper. But it doesn't hurt, and they should stretch just enough. The Sand slippers are on sale and I think they are worth the price. I don't think they would be worth full price. But for what I paid, they are good enough.

*Follow-up, October 2013:* It's been a year and they have held up just fine. They did stretch to be the right size. I wear them every day around the house except during the hottest part of summer. I got the "sand" color because it was on sale and I think it's really ugly -- but they are just slippers. Wish one of the darker colors had been on sale. Anyway, they have held up better than most of my previous pairs of slippers, and that's even though I have gone outside in them a few times. I got my money's worth.

1.0 out of 5 stars two sizes too small, June 20, 2013
Two sizes too small! Even though I ordered a size larger than I needed they were still way too small and I can't wear them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Way too small, March 15, 2013
The size chart recommends to go down a size for 1/2 sizes. I normally wear a 6 to 6 1/2 so I ordered a 6. My toes were crammed against the shoe they were so small!! Now I'm having to go through all kinds of red tape to get a credit from the seller (Amazon). Shame. Then I ordered another pair (in the lighter color) in a 7. They have to be extra wide because they are waaaaaaaaaay too big. Now I have to return those too. uhhhh! Very poor experience.

ARRAY(0xaa580168)