Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tamarac by Slippers International Men's Irish Clog Slipper
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 30, 2008
This is the third pair of slippers that I have purchased and the best of the bunch. I was particularly looking for a slipper that was made of "natural" type materials instead of the more common nylon/rayon. These slippers are not full of the "fake fuzz" that made my feet sweat so much that if I pulled them off I didn't want to slip back into a cold wet slipper. They breath well and my feet are dry after wearing them.

They are well made (for the price) and are more comfortable than $40 LB Evans slippers and $20 Dr. Scholls that I tried before. Great comfortable flannel type lining seems to wick away moisture and cushioned insole is great.

Fit is pretty true to size. Other slippers in my size tended to be way to small, these were close. I typically wear size 10 and was reluctant to order a 10, but sure enough they fit. A bit small, but close enough that I wouldn't move to the 11.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a better slipper at this price.
0Comment|250 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2008
These are the most comfortable slippers I have ever owned. The quality is impeccable. If you haven't tried these and you love wearing slippers on those cold mornings, you don't know what your missing!!
on November 9, 2007
My husband loved these slippers! He said that they are comfortable and he loves the indoor/outdoor sole. These slippers are also great because they come in large sizes, which can be very difficult to find.
on December 9, 2015
I seldom write reviews for anything other than books or an occasional CD or movie. And when I do, it's generally because I really like something a lot (and, secondarily, may have seen what struck me as unfair comments about the object of my adoration that I'd like to offset a bit).

Context: I've been around for almost of seven decades and have gone through every type of slipper imaginable - Indian mocs, scuffs, slipper socks (augh!), Polar Bear, Bear Paw, every other bear, ad infinitum. These Tamaracs - with the plaid lining as opposed to faux shearling lining - are the best I've owned, the most structurally substantial, the most comfortable, and the most street-worthy on the outchance I'd have to run out onto the sidewalk in some defense of the homestead or other.

Now, truth to tell, I've been wearing them for only ten days, albeit for a good portion of the day at that, with socks (heavy athletic) and without, and they're simply superb. This story may change in a month or two, should the "glue" issue some wearers have reported come to pass on my feet. But I'm wondering if that's just not a 2-percent/6-month or so failure rate, which the producer should handle as a guarantee deal. Longer than that, with slippers, you should probably be on your own, given the wide variations in usage and wear-out rate.

But in the last two weeks, I've had great traction on all surfaces. Non-marring (some black soles scuff tile or wood: these don't.) Warmth at cool room temperatures and comfort at warmer ones (although some people complain that their feet sweat because these slippers are so cozy. Well, we respire through our feet, and some people are sweat hogs like that. These are sealed leather with winter lining. Memo to owners: If it's 99 in the shade you probably should walking around barefoot or in lightweight summer scuffs. If you're wearing these Tamaracs and your dogs are sopping wet, well, that's a lesson for ya, isn't it?)

And these Tamaracs are precisely sized and lasted. Listen: the comments of many reviewers about "snug-fit/order a size larger" are exactly what motivated me to write up these remarks of my own. The snug-fit crowd must have been writing with the Amazon shipping box right at their feet, five minutes after putting new, lined slippers on for the first time. Of course they're snug. As a few reviewers have reported, memory foam innersoles generally take care of the size issue in less than a few hours of wearing. (I don't have the shearling, but I bought some for my son: the pile flattens pretty quickly, too.) By the end of my first day, everything was copacetic, a tiny bit tight with heavy socks but just fine without. (My foot has spread over time from an 11-medium to close to the next width out, but the fit is still fine.) By the end of the second day, perfection. Absolute perfection. Without any perturbations to the structure of the shoe or its appearance. (I've scuffed about the house in the company of house guests, and they've - honestly [I have no connection to Tamarac] - complimented me the attractiveness of the slippers and, I'm pretty sure [they went online instantly to look at the URL with their mobiles], went on to order a pair. Everyone needs a good pair of slippers.)

All of this is to say, had I gone from an 11 to a 12 (no half sizes offered), I'd be swimming in these things and kicking them off or leaving them behind half the time. I'd recommend you order for your shoe size unless you're a half-size (they don't come in half-sizes): if that's the case, round up, not down (depending, though, on how true your half size is and how chubby or slender your foot may be. Use common sense).

And now, the *asterisk*: I'm hard on shoes. I roll into pronation. I'm also cruel to heels and wear hard on the outside of both feet. Ten days is really too soon for a shoe review: most of the breakdowns, if they occur, will be well after any guarantee has expired. And so I'll keep an eye on the structural integrity of the slippers and will report back if detect any developing problem within the next six months or so.

But until then, I'm as happy with these as the proverbial bug in a rug - I know: that makes no sense in a shoe context, throw me a metaphor - and will be giving these out for Xmas.
on November 3, 2013
I'm usually very reluctant to buy clothing or shoes on-line because you never know how the items are going to fit. I wear a 10-1/2 so I took a chance at the next largest size in this slipper because it isn't available in half sizes. I have to say I love the way this slipper fits and feels. Great traction and soft on the inside. It doesn't make my foot too hot like the other plushy styles either, yet its warm enough to feel comfy. I'm very satisfied with this product
on January 10, 2013
I bought these for my Husband. He liked them initially, very comfortable and seemingly good quality but after wearing them 3 weeks the inside lining came apart at the seams. Amazon is giving me a full refund, so pleased with Amazon's customer service, just disappointed in the product.
on February 28, 2009
I have bone spurs on the backs of nmy heals that are very painful, so I bought these to wear around the house since they have an open back. They seem well made and are very comfortable. I am thrilled with them!
on December 27, 2007
He likes this slipper because it has the outdoor sole and it is warm, comfortable and easy to slip into. He is older and he can just step into these without bending over to pull them on.
on March 11, 2009
I think these are great so I was glad that I bought muliple pairs, however one pair has a small split where the inner sole meets the base. Looks like it was missed in stiching. The other two pairs are fine so I would recommend them.
on December 16, 2015
So after 3 months these slippers have fallen apart. The back of the slipper where the thread holds the edge on comes apart as you will see in the picture. These are great slippers, great fit and they just look good but only get 3 months use......
review image