Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on April 10, 2014
My husband is picky about slippers. Most styles don't appeal to him at all, and I've bought him several types over the years, from felt clogs to boat-shoe/moccasins. Many years ago I got him a style somewhat like these opera slippers, and he wore them completely out -- and then I couldn't find anything similar.

What I'm looking for in a slipper for him:
- a non-slippery, indoor-outdoor sole
- easy slip-on
- comfort
- not particularly floppy (this is important for putting them on easily)
- good construction and materials
- preferably no visible branding (not crucial, but nice)

Verdict: Opera Slippers FTW!! Husband loves them; actually wears them. Now he doesn't have to wait for his poor creaky back to warm up so he can put his running shoes on, before he can set foot outdoors.

Sizing is true: he wears the same size in these slippers as he wears in shoes (he has wide feet.) He wears them over socks, usually white tube socks, just as he would his running shoes. Ok, that looks a bit odd, but this is Seattle, and we wear socks with sandals too.

I'm planning on buying at least one more pair soon, maybe two -- just to stockpile.

This style of slipper was made popular back when gentlemen attended the opera in full evening dress, and wanted more comfortable (and likely cleaner) footwear to get them through hours of soap-operatic caterwauling. It works equally well for a long afternoon of making chili while watching the game. Enjoy!
on August 26, 2012
My 91 yr. old father-in-law said he needed a new pair of opera slippers because his old ones were wearing out. Said he liked opera slippers because they were easy to put on. Said his size was 9 1/2 D, which is what I ordered. He got them within a week, and said they fit fine, just what he wanted. I had ordered these because they did not have leather soles. I personally have had a problem with leather soles on slippers, because they were too slippery on carpeting. Not good if you have carpeted stairs. Don't want him to fall down.
on May 17, 2011
I have recently received a black and a burgundy pair of slippers ordered on Amazon. Both are too small. I ordered my correct sizes. But they are so tight I can't even force them on with a shoehorn. I returned the first pair with out any problem and as usual Amazon paid for the return shipping. When I went to return the other pair to ShoeMall.com I discovered that I have to pay for the return shipping. Won't order from them again.
on May 28, 2014
I never thought I would ever wear slippers. Especially the kind my father and grandfather have used their whole lives, even though they have always recommended I get a pair. But when they get a great idea, they pursue you relentlessly, until you cave. Thats what they did they harrassed me for so long that I bought them, and when I slipped those babies on, it was like I was in heaven they fit like a glove, now I can't wait to get home from work so that I can slip back into them, I practically live in them just as they had predicted.

Highly recommended!
on June 3, 2013
I am a 9M, I had to send them back and I got a 9.5 extra extra wide, It is a quality slipper but order larger and very wide.
on October 18, 2014
I ordered size larger because all the reviews said they run small...they don't, they run true to size and the ones I got are too big.. The glue they use to hold the insert in place makes a terrible sound when you walk, it's almost like if step in something sticky and walk around only this is INSIDE the slipper and the inserts are very flat and uncomfortable to walk in so I took them out and put some better quality inserts in...slight improvement but the "heel" is a little narrow and feels how I imagine pumps would feel, like I'm going to roll an ankle....Didn't feel like going through the hassle of returning them so I'm stuck with them....Guess you get what you pay for......No Good, DO NOT BUY...
on October 28, 2013
When I ordered this pair in a 9.5 (my usual size), I wasn't thinking that 3E allows the foot to be inserted further into the toe. It is, therefore, too long by a good margin. Shoe Fitting Lesson 101 done.
on April 15, 2013
When I opened the box these slippers came in, the first thing that struck me was the smell-- a powerful, unpleasant smell. Taking the slippers out of the box, I was struck by how they felt-- rigid, plasticky. When I put them on, they were way too tight, uncomfortably so. So I put them back in the box and resolved to send them back. But before I could do so, the smell of these things permeated the room in which they had been placed. After the box in which they came had been sealed up, I put them in my car and drove them to the post office. After sending them off and getting back in my car, I had to open the windows to get the stink out. This was the weirdest experience with shoes I've ever had.
on January 3, 2013
I had hoped these would fit but their B width is like everyone else's D. Way too wide. Still waiting on return information.
on July 22, 2013
2 Sizes too small and that is just the start. They feel like card board and even
after a month they are still real uncomfortable. To make things worse the lining
tends to bunch up under the toes after they have been worn for only a short
time. These are the worst slippers I have ever owned. I would have returned
them right away but I thought that they would "Break-in" after a while. NOT!
Figured that by paying a little more they would be a better product. FOOLED
ME. These are complete garbage! Don't waste your money, go to someplace
like Shoebuy and get good quality for a good price but DON'T BUY THESE!