Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tamarac by Slippers International Men's Trailer Moccasin Slippers
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 21, 2009
For the price, these are a decent pair of slippers. My only real gripe with them is that the heel is not very fitting. Because of this, they feel more like sandals or flip-flops sometimes(especially on steps), and they have failed to replace a pair of 7+ years old, rather worn Hush Puppies moccasins.
Build quality & materials are fitting for their price. The bottoms are a little bit stiff...which is great for stepping on a Lego at 3AM, but it may lend to the lack of heel conformity. The uppers are a soft suede like material.
on April 7, 2015
I was initially very happy with these after receipt. I have now had them barely 6 weeks, and the entire outside of the left slipper has completely ripped apart at the string seam. Though I liked the look and comfort of these, I'm afraid the quality wasn't there and now I am 2 weeks past the return/replace timeframe.
review image
on February 10, 2009
I bought these to replace a pair of $90 Uggs.I actually bought 3 different pairs. For $10.48 you cant go wrong.I would even pay the $30+ they are going for now. They have equal padding as the uggs. They keep your feet comportable and warm. 5 stars all the way. Quick shipping as usual.
on April 4, 2010
These are comfortable, warm, and seem to be well made. The downside is the annoying leather strings. They constantly come untied. I finally cranked down on them so much last time one of them came undone that the string broke. So I pulled to out. If these didn't have strings, or had a type of string that doesn't literally come undone every couple days, they would be great.
on October 3, 2012
My guy really likes the comfort of these slippers - and they're a similar style to the ones his mother used to get him every year. However, the strings broke very quickly. Since they're 13 wide shoes, you'd think they'd know the owner would not be tying them gingerly. He said maybe a kid would not have broken them, but a man who wears that size pretty much couldn't avoid it, just by tying them with his normal motions. I was very disappointed with that. I won't purchase the same ones next year, even if they are quite comfy. (They also appear to be pretty durable otherwise. And they have a thicker sole. He wears his slippers from the time he comes in the door till the time he goes to bed at night every day and all day on the weekend, sometimes, so the soles get a lot of wear and some kinds don't last a year. He's not particular about normal wear and tear and is more interested in the comfort value. But he was very annoyed with the broken strings. And they go all the way around the rear, inside the back seam, so there's not an easy way to replace them).
on August 5, 2015
The slippers were a real disappointment; and sadly the disappointment followed on the heals of another mfgs. slipper. These came apart within a few weeks of wear and should never leave the comfort of one's home because they will deteriorate when exposed to the elements. I am one who expects a product to be as advertised. More and more I find myself disappointed by the variance between performance and description.
on June 24, 2013
Tamarac has a great standing, so when it came time to replace house moccasins, I ordered these. Upon arrival, they fit perfectly, and were quite comfortable. I wore them for a week, and then never again. Why? Easy....the very design that makes them comfortable....for me, made them not usable.

The insert (which is glued in) absorbs moisture. Not a bad thing...but I just happen to be a "sweater". And, like most people, I sweat quite a bit through my feet. After a couple days of wearing these, the inserts are getting quite moist. And after a few more days...at least in my case, they also become...shall we say...pungent? And, also in my case, no amount of airing out, powdering, etc removes the smell. So I had to get another brand (sans inserts).

To each his own...if you don't sweat a lot (or sweat that smells like roses...the wife swears hers does) then these may likely work for you. My flaws, however, bring out theirs....
on May 15, 2015
The Amazon price jumps around on this shoe more than on others. In the past month is has been under $12 and over $37 !

I wear moccasins indoor a lot, and these are better than most other low price ones.
To me these are about 1/4 of one size too large compared to the marked size.
Comfortable! More cushion than most (including the heel in my opinion).

EDIT: After further review, there is less cushion in the heel than other mocs, not an issue with me which is why I had not noticed. But if you have sore heels, try a different model of mocs. With me I like the heel exactly as it is, don't want or need a deep cushion.
Warm.
One issue is the leather ties are not exposed from the tongue all the way around the heel and back around to the other side of the tongue. What this means is that it will be very difficult to replace the leather ties, i.e. to thread another shoe lace around all the way. With other more typical moccasins, the leather lace is exposed every 2 or 3 inches so it is much easier to feed another lace around the shoe. I like to remove all new leather laces and put in cotton laces (because they tie tighter). Would not want to do that these, once the old lace is out might not get another one threaded.

Would recommend never re-tying the laces, except when absolutely necessary, to save wear on the laces.
on March 17, 2010
These are quite comfortable. The fit is fine, true to size in the 12. I like the liner, the leather is fine with me. I like the sole, a slipper softness but still adequate to go outside to get a stick of wood or the mail.

In response to the review that stated they are ambidextrous, there is definitely a left and right. Just look at the pics and you can tell. I recommend these.
on January 7, 2013
I just got these slippers in. I ordered a size 13 2E. The slipper was marked as a 13 W, which should have been OK. Size 13 W is the size of shoe which I purchase when I go to Walmart. However, I was unable to get my feet started into these slippers. They were way too narrow.

This seems to be a trend for footwear purchased on Amazon. I like Amazon, but not for footwear.