Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on February 21, 2009
For the price, these are a decent pair of slippers. My only real gripe with them is that the heel is not very fitting. Because of this, they feel more like sandals or flip-flops sometimes(especially on steps), and they have failed to replace a pair of 7+ years old, rather worn Hush Puppies moccasins.
Build quality & materials are fitting for their price. The bottoms are a little bit stiff...which is great for stepping on a Lego at 3AM, but it may lend to the lack of heel conformity. The uppers are a soft suede like material.
11 comment24 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2009
I bought these to replace a pair of $90 Uggs.I actually bought 3 different pairs. For $10.48 you cant go wrong.I would even pay the $30+ they are going for now. They have equal padding as the uggs. They keep your feet comportable and warm. 5 stars all the way. Quick shipping as usual.
11 comment14 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2010
These are comfortable, warm, and seem to be well made. The downside is the annoying leather strings. They constantly come untied. I finally cranked down on them so much last time one of them came undone that the string broke. So I pulled to out. If these didn't have strings, or had a type of string that doesn't literally come undone every couple days, they would be great.
33 comments14 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2015
I was initially very happy with these after receipt. I have now had them barely 6 weeks, and the entire outside of the left slipper has completely ripped apart at the string seam. Though I liked the look and comfort of these, I'm afraid the quality wasn't there and now I am 2 weeks past the return/replace timeframe.
review image
11 comment8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2010
These are quite comfortable. The fit is fine, true to size in the 12. I like the liner, the leather is fine with me. I like the sole, a slipper softness but still adequate to go outside to get a stick of wood or the mail.

In response to the review that stated they are ambidextrous, there is definitely a left and right. Just look at the pics and you can tell. I recommend these.
VINE VOICEon August 20, 2009
Really the best pair of moccasins I have owned. And the most expensive! But worth the money to get this quality. I have worn these daily for several months, and they are comfortable. I expect them to last quite a while. When these wear out, I will buy another pair.

I wrote the above soon after I received the moccasins and broke them in. Now about 10 months later they are coming apart. I should mention that I am a retired home body (writing and painting), so I wear them a lot, pretty-much daily. So, maybe, 10 months is all I should hope for. But still for $34.95 I didn't expect to be looking for a new pair quite this soon. They are coming apart in both heal bottoms. The rubber is breaking apart into little 1/2" square pieces, and one of the heals is separating from the suede top.

Still they are comfortable, and before they started deteriorating on me, I liked them a lot.
on October 3, 2012
My guy really likes the comfort of these slippers - and they're a similar style to the ones his mother used to get him every year. However, the strings broke very quickly. Since they're 13 wide shoes, you'd think they'd know the owner would not be tying them gingerly. He said maybe a kid would not have broken them, but a man who wears that size pretty much couldn't avoid it, just by tying them with his normal motions. I was very disappointed with that. I won't purchase the same ones next year, even if they are quite comfy. (They also appear to be pretty durable otherwise. And they have a thicker sole. He wears his slippers from the time he comes in the door till the time he goes to bed at night every day and all day on the weekend, sometimes, so the soles get a lot of wear and some kinds don't last a year. He's not particular about normal wear and tear and is more interested in the comfort value. But he was very annoyed with the broken strings. And they go all the way around the rear, inside the back seam, so there's not an easy way to replace them).
11 comment5 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2010
Ultra comfortable. My only issue is that the leateher "ties" don't stay tied. This is a common issue with this style of slipper, though. I remedied it with a hot glue gun.
on April 28, 2011
This is an OK pair of slippers...if you replace the ridiculous rawhide laces with normal shoelaces. There is a trick to it.

Tape the normal lace to the end of the rawhide lace, then cut 2 small slits evenly spaced around the slippers and only pull the new laces in a third of the way at a time. If you try to do it all in one pull, halfway through the cheap rawhide lace will break and now you have a problem(trust me on this one).

I ordered a 12(I take a 10 1/2) as I do not trust sizing on the Internet anymore. They are a bit like flip flops as a previous poster said, but they look good and are very comfortable.

BTW: There is a left and right shoe. I can't believe someone posted both shoes are the same.
33 comments9 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2013
I just got these slippers in. I ordered a size 13 2E. The slipper was marked as a 13 W, which should have been OK. Size 13 W is the size of shoe which I purchase when I go to Walmart. However, I was unable to get my feet started into these slippers. They were way too narrow.

This seems to be a trend for footwear purchased on Amazon. I like Amazon, but not for footwear.