Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on November 14, 1999
I have used Carson's book for seven years in my college social psychology course entitled Self and Others. I have been amazed at how many students use the ideas in the book to make real changes in how they think and feel about themselves,and how they interact with others. I laugh, cry and cheer when I read many of their papers. Thank you Richard Carson.
on July 27, 2000
This is the best book on the behaviour of the human mind I have ever read. Witty, clever and decidedly wise, it has more relevance for the everyday life of the person on the street than any other modern guide to awakening or personal psychotherapy I have come across. Richard Carson marries the serious with the witty in unprecedentedly simple style, and manages to convey that enjoying yourself as you are now is the real key to positive change. This is just the "medicine" that the overly causeandeffect dualistic mind of the west really needs. Jung called logic the greatest thorn in the side of western thought, and Carson's book is a prime example of this way of thinking.
If you want to enjoy your life ever more each day, and let your own light shine to set others free too, read this book and laugh your way back home.
on February 22, 2001
This is a book I regularly use in my coaching practice. It's a fun, easy read that has helped my clients (and myself) move past self-limiting thoughts and behaviors. Carson's light-hearted approach and the great illustrations keep the process fun and simple for the everyday reader. Enjoying yourself is key to having a prosperous, abundant life - emotionally, spiritually, and financially. Everybody should have this in their personal library, and it is absolutely a must-read for coaches. Enjoy!
on July 18, 2001
I can't imagine someone being disappointed in this book. Wise, practical, funny, and true, it is far and away the best "self-help" book on the market. I personally know coaches, counselors, teachers and business people who rely on it heavily in their work. If you are a human being over the age of ten "Taming Your Gremlin" will help you live life joyfully.
on February 27, 2000
I can't tell you how many times the brilliant (yet SIMPLE!) concepts in this book have cleared a black cloud from my mind, freeing it up for more POSITIVE things, which, to my surprise, it bounces right back to. The artwork complements the book excellently, giving it 3D clarity. No need to wonder why you can't think straight-- Don't miss this one!
VINE VOICEon December 28, 1998
I'm only about half way through this book, and am not a habitual reader of self-help stuff (my sister recommended this), but I'd have to give this one a serious thumbs-up. I made a funny connection to an old novel by Colin Wilson called "The Mind Parasites," which also posits the existence of a hostile voice within us that kills joy and sows self-doubt.
I think it's interesting that the author distinguishes the Gremlin from Freud's superego and Berne's inner Parent -- as one of the reviewers said above, the notion that the Gremlin is really not us is very interesting and potentially liberating.
on December 4, 1998
This is the greatest little self-help book! In it you find all those people in your head and realize once and for all that IT ISN"T YOU! It is that noisy little committee in your head, causing self doubt. This book gives these committee members unique identities, personalities and a method for silencing them. A wonderful find!
on June 13, 2003
I love this book! I especially like the way Carson makes mindfulness a practical experience rather than a lofty spiritual concept. I couldn't help but notice however that some people seem to have the impression that Carson borrowed the term "gremlin" from the coaching profession. Carson borrowed nothing from the coaching world. They borrowed the term "gremlin" from him. Taming Your Gremlin has been an international success, making a positive difference in the lives of thousands of people since its publication over 20 years ago (1983). It explicates a uniquely streamlined, practical, and powerful approach to inner contentment and successful living and pre-dated the emergence of the coaching movement by many years. Taming Your Gremlin has, however, greatly impacted the coaching world and is used extensively in some training programs. As a certified coach myself, I heartily recommend this work to all of my clients and to anyone interested in experiencing the difference between a good life and a GREAT life!
on January 31, 2006
While not all people need/want a gremlin metaphor and Rick Carsen's method, I disagree that this book should stick to presenting explanations of the negative inner voice. This has been the subject of countless works, ranging from a million self help books to textbooks to scholarly journal articles. The contribution of this book is its unique application and method. Also, the theory and exercises (in depth!) without the gremlin metaphor can be found in books on buddhism, meditation and contemplative traditions.
on March 20, 1998
Now I don't have to worry about that little voicethat often tells me "I can't" and "not good enough" This book tells you just how to overcome that little voice of defeat that lurks inside of all of us.