Customer Discussions > American Idol Season 5 Encores forum

Tammy La Gorce's review "retraction"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 1, 2006 1:58:32 PM PDT
amazing1672 says:
Looks like Amazon.com has decided to retract the original editorial review by Tammy La Gorce. The new one on the site sounds more balanced and I am sure it is because of all the angry emails/ reviews that customers/ prospective buyers sent to http://amazon.com. Kudos to those who stepped up and spoke up against someone who was all out to prove more than half of the 63 million voters who voted for Taylor Hicks wrong. And thanks to Amazon.com for listening to the customers.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2006 10:20:24 PM PDT
PanteraNegra says:
I agree. It's very interesting that Amazon retracted the insulting review the editor originally posted.
I believe it was necessary, though. Not only was the original review biased, but unprofessional as well. Many fans were insulted, and threatend to purchase the cd elsewhere.
It's nice to know Amazon was sensitive enough to do something about it. Thanks, Amazon for listening to your customers!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2006 1:36:57 PM PDT
pearleyed says:
I have to disagree. The reviewer has a right to her opinion, and though I disagreed with parts of her review (though I agree with her re: Elliott), I felt like people were responding like Ms. La Gorce was a horrible person or something. It was strong, but it was an opinion, and I don't think it was unprofessional. I've heard worse. I understand how Taylor fans feel, but people can't respond this way every time someone disagrees with them.

That said, I agree with amazing1672 that the new review sounds more balanced.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2006 3:04:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2006 3:13:00 PM PDT
Jarrod says:
Disagree HIGHLY with the original poster. I didn't neccesarily agree with Tammy's original review, but she had every right to post her honest opinion as an obvious American Idol fan. We all have our favorites, even critics. The new review does indeed sound a bit more balanced than the previous one, but much of the behavior from the people posting irate responses about the original review is way more shocking to me. Demanding, pretty much bullying, someone to censor themselves is not only extremely juvenile, but also a dangerous thing to toy around with. Grow up, people. And this is all coming from the biggest Taylor fan on the planet. That said, I do prefer the tone of the new review. It's not as caustic. Also glad she noted that Melissa McGhee sounds very good on the CD and was indeed kicked off sooner than she should have been. She will be sorely missed on the tour, I'm sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2007 1:04:39 PM PST
LOL! I just noticed that. It does seems more balanced now.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2007 6:30:31 PM PDT
T. Burns says:
Tammy La Gorce needs to retract her review about Robin Thicke's new CD. First off his new CD is amazing however I do not agree with her statements about Justin Timberlake being the reason for Thicke's breakthrough. I mean yes that might be partially true however Justin is not the leader of the new blue eyed soul revival. If Ms. La Gorce knew her facts she would know that Robin Thicke was out before Justin even thought about a solo career. So therefore even though Robin is being recognized now in fact he was apart of the revival. This revival also includes Remy Shand and Jon B. What about their success??? Yes Justin made it mainstream but he is definitely not the leader of it!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jun 1, 2006
Latest post:  Apr 1, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
American Idol Season 5 Encores
American Idol Season 5 Encores by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2006)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (260)