5.0 out of 5 stars Good Med/Compact Point & Shoot Camera Bag
Published on January 17, 2010 by Atomicgerry

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a Good Bag fot the Canon G12
This bag was recommended for the Canon Powershot G12. It is a great bag if you don't want to carry anything else but the basic camera. If you put a extra battery in the front of the case you can't remove the camera. It is to tight a fit. I would not recommend it for that reason. It would be difficult to remove a extra memory card also.
Published on December 14, 2010 by Patricia F. Buenting

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Med/Compact Point & Shoot Camera Bag, January 17, 2010
I searched over the internet & at the camera stores for a camera bag to fit my Canon G11. I wanted a the bag that fit my camera snugly, Velcro belt loop attachment only(no strap) and a small slot or area for and extra SD Card. The Tamrac 5689 fits all of that. It has Velcro to keep the lid/top of the case on and works well when you have to get the camera out quickly compared to zippered types. My camera fits just right with enough room to pull it out quickly. It is stored on its side and it makes it nice to pull out the camera quickly. The bag is well constructed, enough padding and not bulky. It fits well against your body if you hook it to your belt. It is larger than the little point and shoots and when I sit for longer periods I easily take it off my belt, which is attached again with Velcro. The small slot compartment on the inside is just large enough for a spare SD card, but not enough for a spare battery.

Overall, this bag fits my needs well and I have used it for a month now on various trips and weekend shoots. I give it 5 for its good construction, functionality and nice look. If you are looking to carry more things like extra camera supplies, then get a bigger bag, because this will be too small for you. Most reviews knock the bags etc. when they don't fit or have the features they are looking for after they use them for a while. My advice is to do your homework, know what you really want/need and do a good search.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Canon G11, November 26, 2009
This is a great case for the Canon G11 it offers good protection with light weight. Also purchased but returned the Tenba 638 MIXX Large and Kata DF-408 DPS, good cases, but they didn't fix as well.

My need is to add some protection around the G11 as it bounces around my bag with other media gear. This case holds the camera very well while the camera strap extends out of the top around flap. It is possible to fold the strap down and secure it inside the top of the case but it is tight.

Small front pocket is excellent for extra media card. It can hold an extra battery but it makes placing the G11 into the case more difficult.

Because of my specific use, and because the camera fits perfectly in the case, I'm considering cutting the top off of the case. It will allow me easier access to my camera while in my jacket pocket or bag.

UPDATE: I have now cut the flap off of this case. So it is now more of a protective sleeve than a case. It works great in my coat pocket or briefcase, protecting my Canon G11. I've also discovered that the G11 is built like a tank and doesn't need much protection.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good case for the Canon G10, July 17, 2009
This review is from: Tamrac 5689 Pro Compact Digital Bag (Black) (Electronics)
A well-made, durable case for my Canon G10. It's made of a heavy-duty canvas-type material that resists scratches and provides enough padding to prevent camera dings. You can easily attach it to your belt but the G10 is a bit chubby to go unnoticed while at your side. It's not the case's fault but it's a bit thick to wear comfortably all day. Overall, I'd definitely recommend the case and have had no desire to purchase another which is usually a good sign that it is properly fulfilling the role for which I purchased it. I'd definitely recommend it to other G10 owners provided you weren't going to use it on your belt for long periods.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a Good Bag fot the Canon G12, December 14, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended minimalist case for G11, October 15, 2010
JY (Bay Area) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tamrac 5689 Pro Compact Digital Bag (Black) (Electronics)
So having gotten the awesome Canon G11, I wanted to have it well-protected as well as easily portable. After the usual surfing research, I bought the Tamrac 5689 and am glad I did.

I put a spare Canon battery at the bottom (I could cut a bit of foam to put it in), then the camera, leave the Canon wrist strap hanging out, and then close the flap. The velcro keeps it shut securely. An extra SD card in its little case is in the tiny front pocket (I didn't try to get the battery in there). Everything fits perfectly, and I carry the whole thing by the wrist strap. Very compact, no extra frills needed or wanted. Well-constructed, and durable materials.

Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tamrac 5689 Pro Compact Digital Bag, July 12, 2010
This review is from: Tamrac 5689 Pro Compact Digital Bag (Black) (Electronics)
I am very pleased with this product. It is very well made and fits my Canon G11 perfectly. There have been other comments that the bag dimensions are too tight for convenient use. I have found that if the spare battery and a spare SD card (in it's case) are stacked side by side in the accessory pocket there is plenty of room. Also, if the camera strap is folded back and forth over the end camera and and covered with the top flap of the case, this works well. I carry the case on my waist, with my belt passed through the loop. The Dupont type fabric is durable and easily cleaned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera bag for Canon G Series, January 18, 2013
jrscls (Monaca, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tamrac 5689 Pro Compact Digital Bag (Black) (Electronics)
This bag is a perfect fit for the Canon G15 camera. It has just enough room to hold a spare battery in the pocket. This bag is easy to open and just perfect for a walk with the camera. Excellent quality as well and worth the cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tamrac 5689 Pro Compact Digital Bag, May 17, 2010
P. Brant (Prescott, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tamrac 5689 Pro Compact Digital Bag (Black) (Electronics)
Excellent. Stands up well to travel. Using with Canon G11 and wearing it on my trousers belt. Suggestion for G11 owners: Set aside the nice strap that comes with the bag, and simply use the G11's strap, leaving it attached to the camera, rolling it up and placing it within the top of the bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed for my Canon G11, March 23, 2010
This review is from: Tamrac 5689 Pro Compact Digital Bag (Black) (Electronics)
Great quality case that fits my Canon G11 perfectly with room for a spare battery and two SD cards in the front pouch w/ Velcro closure. The removable and adjustable strap is of nice quality as well, and NOT the tangle up type. I also purchased the Canon camcorder wrist strap, which makes for an optional way to carry the camera while it's Velcroed in the case. Works great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tamrac 5689 for the Canon G11, May 18, 2010
Alan Simon (Sherman Oaks, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tamrac 5689 Pro Compact Digital Bag (Black) (Electronics)
This is the second Tamrac 5689 that I purchased for my Canon G11 camera. The first case with the same number (5689) was blue and had no rings for a shoulder strap. It had a very good velcro belt loop that could also wrap it around other things, but I wanted to carry the camera on a shoulder strap and there was no way to do that as there was nothing to fasten the shoulder strap to. Then I discovered that Tamrac manufactered the same case, in black, with a shoulder strap, carrying the same 5689 number. I purchased it and it is perfect for carrying my G11. While it also has a belt loop, it is a fixed one and not one that is velcro closed like my first case. Not as good, but okay. The G11 fits nicely in either case. The G-11 camera's attached shoulder strap can be folded up and it fits on top of the camera inside the case, although it is a snug fit. I might remove the camera's shoulder strap and replace it with a smaller wrist strap on the camera. The camera case has a flap to close it fastened with a velcro tab, and it is quick to open and close. There is also a small secure (with a velro tab) pocket under the case closure flap where an extra memory card or battery can be kept. I rated the case one star less than perfect on the comfort side only because the half-inch wide shoulder strap that comes with it is too narrow to be comfortable. I switched the one I have for a 7/8ths inch strap from another case I had, but at least there are strap loops to clip it to, unlike the first 5689 I bought.

Tamrac 5689 Pro Compact Digital Bag (Black)
$27.95 $13.45