Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Color: Black|Change
Price:$25.00+ Free shipping

on January 17, 2010
I searched over the internet & at the camera stores for a camera bag to fit my Canon G11. I wanted a the bag that fit my camera snugly, Velcro belt loop attachment only(no strap) and a small slot or area for and extra SD Card. The Tamrac 5689 fits all of that. It has Velcro to keep the lid/top of the case on and works well when you have to get the camera out quickly compared to zippered types. My camera fits just right with enough room to pull it out quickly. It is stored on its side and it makes it nice to pull out the camera quickly. The bag is well constructed, enough padding and not bulky. It fits well against your body if you hook it to your belt. It is larger than the little point and shoots and when I sit for longer periods I easily take it off my belt, which is attached again with Velcro. The small slot compartment on the inside is just large enough for a spare SD card, but not enough for a spare battery.

Overall, this bag fits my needs well and I have used it for a month now on various trips and weekend shoots. I give it 5 for its good construction, functionality and nice look. If you are looking to carry more things like extra camera supplies, then get a bigger bag, because this will be too small for you. Most reviews knock the bags etc. when they don't fit or have the features they are looking for after they use them for a while. My advice is to do your homework, know what you really want/need and do a good search.
on November 26, 2009
This is a great case for the Canon G11 it offers good protection with light weight. Also purchased but returned the Tenba 638 MIXX Large and Kata DF-408 DPS, good cases, but they didn't fix as well.

My need is to add some protection around the G11 as it bounces around my bag with other media gear. This case holds the camera very well while the camera strap extends out of the top around flap. It is possible to fold the strap down and secure it inside the top of the case but it is tight.

Small front pocket is excellent for extra media card. It can hold an extra battery but it makes placing the G11 into the case more difficult.

Because of my specific use, and because the camera fits perfectly in the case, I'm considering cutting the top off of the case. It will allow me easier access to my camera while in my jacket pocket or bag.

UPDATE: I have now cut the flap off of this case. So it is now more of a protective sleeve than a case. It works great in my coat pocket or briefcase, protecting my Canon G11. I've also discovered that the G11 is built like a tank and doesn't need much protection.
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2009
A well-made, durable case for my Canon G10. It's made of a heavy-duty canvas-type material that resists scratches and provides enough padding to prevent camera dings. You can easily attach it to your belt but the G10 is a bit chubby to go unnoticed while at your side. It's not the case's fault but it's a bit thick to wear comfortably all day. Overall, I'd definitely recommend the case and have had no desire to purchase another which is usually a good sign that it is properly fulfilling the role for which I purchased it. I'd definitely recommend it to other G10 owners provided you weren't going to use it on your belt for long periods.
on December 14, 2010
This bag was recommended for the Canon Powershot G12. It is a great bag if you don't want to carry anything else but the basic camera. If you put a extra battery in the front of the case you can't remove the camera. It is to tight a fit. I would not recommend it for that reason. It would be difficult to remove a extra memory card also.
on January 18, 2013
This bag is a perfect fit for the Canon G15 camera. It has just enough room to hold a spare battery in the pocket. This bag is easy to open and just perfect for a walk with the camera. Excellent quality as well and worth the cost.
on January 9, 2014
Best choice. If you have a Canon G series, I promise you this is the case. I ordered about 5 different ones and chose to return all of them. My G15 and battery fit perfectly. I wear on my belt. I took all straps off the camera and case and put a thin one loop wrist strap for shooting in case it slips. I tried several Lowpro no good flimsy neoprene will not allow easy in and out.. I would say this would fit the G1x without the extra battery too. I needed fast in and out access while protecting This is it!!
on October 15, 2010
So having gotten the awesome Canon G11, I wanted to have it well-protected as well as easily portable. After the usual surfing research, I bought the Tamrac 5689 and am glad I did.

I put a spare Canon battery at the bottom (I could cut a bit of foam to put it in), then the camera, leave the Canon wrist strap hanging out, and then close the flap. The velcro keeps it shut securely. An extra SD card in its little case is in the tiny front pocket (I didn't try to get the battery in there). Everything fits perfectly, and I carry the whole thing by the wrist strap. Very compact, no extra frills needed or wanted. Well-constructed, and durable materials.

Recommended!
on April 6, 2014
I was looking for a bag that would allow me to put my camera in one-handed. The one I bought before claimed the RX100ii would fit, and it did, barely. I decided to look for a case that would hold a Canon G12 type camera and this came up. My camera slips in and out easily without being too loose, although some might like a tighter fit There is not a lot a room for anything else, but the smaller pocket in the front will hold a battery. Well made with a strong belt loop and a decent strap I am quite happy with my purchase.
இ Fuzzy Wuzzy's Summary:
ѾѾѾѾѾ Highly recommended with warm fuzzies!

This bag perfectly fits a Canon G12, snugly protecting the camera with padding all around and a waterproof exterior while not being too snug such that I cannot quickly pull the camera out with ease. The Canon G12 has dimensions of 4.4x3.0x1.9 inches, and this 5689 has interior dimensions of 5.25x3.25x1.9 inches and exterior dimensions of 6.25x4.5x2.5 inches. Compared to the small carrying cases made for pocket-sized point-and-shoot cameras, this is more of a bulky case to wear on your belt using the 1.5-inch wide belt loop band that is sewn onto the rear of the bag, but the belt loop thankfully has 4.5 inches of vertical span so you can slide the bag upward toward your abdomen whenever you sit down.

The main case is secured with a two-inch rectangle of Velcro, while the front pocket is closed with a small one-inch sliver of Velcro. My only tiny nitpick with the small bit of Velcro used to close the front pocket is that if someone stores memory cards in this front pocket where the memory card is not kept inside a surrounding plastic card case, there is a tiny chance that a memory card could slip through the opening on either side of this front pocket's Velcro closure. Although this is a small risk, I think that simply increasing the front pocket Velcro strip from 1.0 inch to 1.5 inches wide would have thoroughly diminished the possibility of a memory card slipping through either side of the Velcro.

The front pocket is not big enough to fit the Canon G12's NB-7L battery, but I am glad that this pocket is slim to keep the overall bag shape slimmer. If you use this bag for a Canon G10, G11, or G12, you CAN store an extra battery inside the main compartment. I store a spare fully-charged Canon NB-7L battery wrapped in the plastic sleeve that the battery was shipped in, and I place the battery at the bottom of the main compartment, then I place a small folded cleaning cloth over that battery (both to add padding between the camera and the battery, and also because a cleaning cloth is always useful to carry along), and then I insert my G12. The top flap still fully closes the top of the bag with the battery, cleaning cloth, and camera all stored inside the bag. The shoulder strap comes with metal clips that secure to the metal D-rings on the bag. This is only pleasantly noteworthy to me because I have seen too many bags and carrying cases that are even bigger and more expensive, designed to carry heavy dSLR cameras or 15-inch laptops, and the manufacturer would use lower-quality plastic clips on their shoulder straps and plastic D-rings. Overall, this is a great bag that fits a Canon G12 (or G10/G11) just right without being too bulky!
on August 8, 2011
Good fit and ample protection for a Nikon P7000. Typically great Tamrac quality. The Velcro closure is a bit noisy, but not a problem in most situations. Leather cases with magnetic closures probably wouldn't provide the protection of this case. Room in the front pouch for spare memory card or possibly a spare battery. A wrist strap and case belt loop are a good combination; using both the Nikon-provided neck strap and the Tamrac-provided neck strap might be too complicated. Using as a beltpack, it looks only slightly larger than a point-and-shoot camera.