Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro STEM

on February 26, 2013
It is too large for the lens which I bought from Amazon in 2011. Otherwise it looks similar to the one I lost.

And Adorama (Amazon's Vender) is no help, I spent a lot of wait time to get someone in their New York store who might know if the Tamron lens has been made in more than one diameter but they said I had to ask Amazon. I have yet to try that but I would be surprised if there is anyone in Amazon Customer Service who is a lens expert.

I rechecked Adorama's website and called again for a so called lens expert, no help!

I went to another large New York Camera Vender not used by Amazon, their website identified the problem. The Tamron lens manufactured more recently is smaller, filter size 62mm, the older version filter size was 72mm. I ordered and have received the correct Lens Hood.
on April 1, 2016
BEWARE.....if your Tamron 18-270 lens hood says DA18, this lens hood WILL NOT fit! Yes its the same 18-270 lens from Tamron but not sure why this lens hood was built different size. Don't know why they would make different lens hood for same lens...but that is what happend to me. Good luck!
on December 1, 2012
The picture shows 'Made in Japan' but the actual item was labeled as 'Made in Philippines.' Not that I care personally, but I purchased this item to sell my Tamron lens and the buyer was not happy. At least the picture should not show 'made in Japan'--misrepresentation.
on October 5, 2014
The hood is actually ok, BUT, it does not fit the lens. This has been an issue for at least three years based on other reviews I just looked at. The Tamron AF 18-270 has a 62mm diameter, the lens hood fits the 'old' lens version which was 72mm.
on November 16, 2011
I shoot with Canon lenses. The Tamron Lenshood for the AF18-270 mm was a good solid choice. The hood has a good fit on the lens, and is easy to put on and remove. I would recommend this hood to my colleagues.
on October 25, 2013
The lenshood is probably decent but does not fit the lens! service on trying to replace or refund has been very slow. Not Amazon but the company they went through. I would not recommend using AtoZ.
on October 5, 2013
This is advertised as a hood for the AF 18-270 lens. 62mm. It was way too large. Needed it for an event and had to go without as there wasn't enough time to reorder before going.
on August 22, 2010
The original hood was lost while chasing my mom (she has Alzheimers)at my dad's 80th birthday party. This was exactly what I needed and arrived ahead of schedule!
on October 13, 2015
Product is as expected. Was the wrong size for my lens but I just kept it anyway.

Be sure it is the correct size before purchasing!
on February 18, 2016
What can I say ... it's the brand name hood made for my lens. It does exactly what it's supposed to.

See 1 answered question