4.0 out of 5 stars tan sunless
Published 8 months ago by Steve Cote

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless
I rarely write product reviews but the amount of money and shipping I paid for this item requires action.

Published 4 months ago by C. Herrmann

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, March 2, 2014
This review is from: Tan Physics True Color Sunless Tanner 8 fl oz (Misc.)

I fell for the line that Mayo Clinic endorsed this lotion and am now taking some of my very precious time to disclose that this product is useless. I should have been happy with the awesome Banana Boat Deep Dark Color Self Tanning lotion I've used for the past year but I read an online review and excitedly purchased this product. Now I feel like a chump, am 53.00 lighter, and my face broke out because this product contains oil. I used it for two weeks to test the color application and there wasn't a significant change in color or tone to my skin.

I am editing my review for this morning I found myself wondering just how is it that Mayo endorsed this lotion? I'm such a chump! I KNOW BETTER: Non-profit organizations are not in the business of product endorsement. Notice how it reads as a Mayo endorsement? It doesn't quote a specific physician referral or reference a clinic test.

I'm a former Director of a non-profit and know the ropes* so I went searching, landed on Mayo's site, and read this: "Mayo Clinic maintains a distinct separation between advertising content and editorial content. All advertising content on Mayo Clinic's health information website or in one of our newsletters is clearly labeled as an advertisement"

Don't waste your money with this product and its disingenuous marketing and allow me to tell you how to achieve a great lotion tan. Use the Banana Boat product which you can buy at Target (where it's cheaper than Walgreens). While in the shower use baking soda or a scrub brush to prepare your skin. Baking soda is a great exfoliate. I use it as a scrub for my face. I also use it under my arms because it absorbs orders and I'm at the gym everyday.

Once dry, apply the Banana Boat Deep Dark Color. The lotion works better than the spray and it's more cost effective. I'm not orange, there's a very mild inoffensive odor, and the lotion is tinted which helps with application. I use it on my arms, neck, (don't neglect the back of your neck), chest, and face. I apply it to my legs in the summer. It seemed pointless to apply it to my legs this winter when everything was covered due to the severe cold. Allow the lotion to dry on your skin 5 mins (while brushing your teeth. Rinse your mouth with baking soda, it will make your breath fresh!)before putting on your socks or other tight clothing which will make the color uneven. Especially socks.

I've never had a break out occur on my face when using this product. A light sheen presents which I remove with a oil control film. Clean and Clear makes the film product that I use to remove the sheen from my face and its a great product for oily skin. It doesn't remove makeup just the oil slick on your face. I also use a soapy nail brush on my palms and under my finger nails after I've applied the lotion. It will stain your hands if you don't scrub your palms and under your nails.

I haven't worn makeup in years which is why I use the tanning lotion. My women friends, people at the gym, and strangers always tell me I look healthy.

The difference in price is awesomeness. The Banana Boat Summer Color is in a 6 ounce tube, lasts for four to five months, and is less than 10.00 with tax.

Choose wisely and follow my research. It's YOUR hard earned money. Ask yourself why you want to believe the hype. I've reflected on this and decided I really thought this would be better. Too bad for me since my system already worked really well. As my Mother used to say, If it isn't broke don't fix it. Also? You may want to consider those glowing reviews of this product were provided by those who have an investment in it.

Loreal makes a bronzing lotion that has glitter in it. Avoid that too because as the lotion drys the glitter will be on your clothing. I had a small pile under my desk.

* I've come back to edit my review because I've just read some comments from people wondering why I wrote about "cred". I didn't realize some many people weren't aware of how a non-profit organization operates. I hope this is easy to grasp for those who don't have any exposure or experience. Non-profits receive funding from various and often divergent sources. FOR THAT REASON they cannot endorse a product. This was my sole point for mentioning I'm a former Director of one: I knew better had I reflected.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of $$$, October 2, 2013
This review is from: Tan Physics True Color Sunless Tanner 8 fl oz (Misc.)
Not a good color. Has that weird smell too. I Wish I hadn't bought it. Waste of my hard-earned money $$$

1.0 out of 5 stars NOthing Special, March 7, 2014
This review is from: Tan Physics True Color Sunless Tanner 8 fl oz (Misc.)
Its not worth the money..I am not impressed with the product.I would not buy it again, pricey for the size of bottle

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible and HUGE waste of money, March 11, 2014
This review is from: Tan Physics True Color Sunless Tanner 8 fl oz (Misc.)
I usually don't spend my time writing reviews but I HAVE TO get the word out on this product! Scam!
The first thing that should've set off red flags was their website. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I went to their website and read through their articles stating how great this product was. Of course, I believed it. I payed $30/ 8 ounce bottle and I bought three of them plus shipping. Pretty darn expensive. I was thinking that I would get what I payed for!
So, after exfoliating and prepping my skin, I spread it on my entire body. I am fair skinned and tend to have very dry skin. This product did not stick to my legs (most important), neck, bust, or belly. Within hours, half of it had rubbed off, even though I had let it dry and wore loose clothing. After one night, I woke up to find myself orange and smelly. It smells like a mix between cleaners and pee-- hot pee. I also noticed, a couple days with it on, that it makes me have terrible BO and now, after two days I am itching like crazy. It feels like I have the plague. My skin is dark orange in some spots and other spots are white again. DEFIANTLY wear gloves!!! It wasn't a nice brown tan either.... It was light goldeny orange and splotchy. HATE IT! :0 My skin just burns because it's so dry. The exfoliant which came with it was like any other-- except more expensive! The lotion which you can buy to prolong your tan is weak and smells bad too. I usually don't hate tan lotions this much, but EWWWW!
Whatever you do, don't buy it. You will regret it...

1.0 out of 5 stars Very strong tanning smell., February 21, 2014
This review is from: Tan Physics True Color Sunless Tanner 8 fl oz (Misc.)
I used it once. Just on my lower legs to try it out. Immediately washed my hands thoroughly with soap. The tanning smell is still on my hands a day later. Very strong smell. The only reason I tried this product was because of users saying no smell at all. And, there is no return label or instructions. Red flag!!

1.0 out of 5 stars No better than any other Tanner, March 7, 2014
This review is from: Tan Physics True Color Sunless Tanner 8 fl oz (Misc.)
I paid the $40 and got ripped off. That's not to say it doesn't work, it does lightly tan you each time but it still streaks and smells just like any other tanner. Save yourself $30 and just buy the cheaper self tanners. Waste of money here.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, March 17, 2014
This review is from: Tan Physics True Color Sunless Tanner 8 fl oz (Misc.)
I ordered online through the Tan Physics website, after reading more reviews I decided to cancel. I clinked on the support link they sent in my confirmation email and all emails to them bounce back as undeliverable. I have tried to phone them and after several minutes of a very annoying recorded message telling you a representative will be with you shortly another message comes on telling you they are closed. This feels like a giant rip-off to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars tan sunless, November 3, 2013
This review is from: Tan Physics True Color Sunless Tanner 8 fl oz (Misc.)
did some on line research and found this product for my girlfriend... got it directly on line from tan physics website... bought 5 bottles and 1 tanextender for $ 20 a bottle... no tax or shipping... she loves it... we were spending $14 a week on 2 bottles of banana boat at walmart ...it was the best of the cheap ones but it was orange ...smelled and made her skin dry ... and it was $56 a month ... the 5 bottles of tan physics has lasted almost 3 months... looks natural... smells good and makes her skin soft as silk... and the tan extender is nice...total cost $120 fo 3 months... the banana boat cost was $168 for 3 months and we got a way better product... and a tan extender... amazon is charging way more for it thru 3rd party sellers... go to thetan physics website and start your order and then back out or dont complete and they offer u free shipping and discounts... good luck !

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY from Amazon Vendors until Amazon responds to, "The Following Statement clipped from Tan Physics Official Website!", March 1, 2014
This review is from: Tan Physics True Color Sunless Tanner 8 fl oz (Misc.)
Interested in Tan Physics Sunless Tanner after reading an AOL's rave news review, I came to Amazon shortly after skimming through the Official Web Site.

Like most veteran Prime Amazonians I read Q's and A's and compare pricing before purchasing a new product. I was surprised by some unsatisfied customer complaints, but it was an unanswered question as to why Amazon is charging twenty dollars more per bottle than the actual cost on Tan Physics official website which prompted me to investigate further. I returned to Tan Physics Official Website and found the answer to my question.

FYI, Minus the email address not permitted in posting, I copied the following statements verbatim for you directly from Tan Physics Official website:

** Tan Physics is NOT available in stores. It is not available at Amazon and it is not available on EBay or through any other online store.**

"High quality tanners perform at their peak levels when used as soon as they are blended. We will not let our products sit on shelves or in a department store as it could negatively affect your results. Ordering directly through this page is the ONLY way to purchase Tan Physics. Fresh, pure, powerful and perfect. That is what we can guarantee when we ship directly to you from our lab."

"Do you have a question on how or when to use Tan Physics? Do you have questions about shipping or your order? Do you want to find out about our other products? Do you have any other questions related to your skin or beauty regimen? Our clinicians are standing by and always ready to help (whether you are a customer or not) answer and questions you might have about skin care and anti-aging. Please or call us at 855-TAN-SELF."

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried them all, February 28, 2014
This review is from: Tan Physics True Color Sunless Tanner 8 fl oz (Misc.)
I have actually tried them all and this does rank at or near the top...as with all self tanners results are dependent on your personal skin tone. On me this is a nice rich tan with no orange or yellow undertones after 2 applications. It is moisturizing and has what I would describe as a light citrus scent. The only downside for me is that it is on the pricey side.

Tan Physics True Color Sunless Tanner 8 fl oz