|Amazon Price||New from||Used from|
In Tan Your Hide!, Phyllis Hobson explains just what you need to tan your own leather and fur, and all the steps involved in doing it right. The end result is a handsome and durable homemade article that will last for many years.
The cost? Very little -- mainly your own labor and a few simple tools. And once you have tanned your furs and leathers, Steve Edwards explains how to make basic leather and fur products, with patterns that you can follow for certain success.
The authors tell:
* what tools and chemicals you'll need
* how to select the hide
* the steps for tanning leather and fur
* how to test for tanning
* old-time Indian tanning methods
* how to make your own dyes
* what qualities of leather to look for
* which tools you need for leatherworking
* basic leatherworking techniques
* where to find tools and supplies
Phyllis Hobson is the author of Making and Using Dried Foods, Raising a Calf for Beef, and Tan your Hide!
It showed me that I need a teacher to do this kind of work.Published 8 months ago by April D Morehouse
Learning how to tan hides for my personal use, this book is very helpful.and now i can use the hides instead of throwing them away.Published on April 9, 2012 by Jonathan A. Coleman