Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on July 17, 2010
I have tried almost every self tanner product on the market today. But when I tried the "Tan Towel" I knew that I had found the perfect fit. I've never once had any kind of blotching, streaking or that obvious orange color that self tanners often have. The towelettes are so easy to apply and you really can't mess the application up. You just simply drag the towelette over any part of your body that you want tanned and let it dry for awhile. Within a few hours, the beautiful color will begin to develop. For me at least the color has always looked very natural and makes the skin feel soft and healthy.

One note of caution is that you definitely have to be careful during application around areas like your feet, knees or elbows. What I recommend is simply using the towelette until it feels pretty dry without touching those areas and once most of the tanner has been used up from the towel, come back and apply very lightly (barely graze those mentioned areas) and the color will be perfect. If you don't do this, you will notice a buildup of orange color. Another thing I've noticed is that you have to make sure no water touches the skin anywhere you've applied the product for up to 30 minutes. It only takes a tiny drop of water to cause the tan to develop oddly. I was washing my hands after application and a little splash got on my leg and it caused small streaks there. So if this happens, just reapply the used towelette to that area and it will develop color normally. But overall, I'd recommend these Tan Towels to anyone at least to try and see if it works just as well for you.

I hope this review helps make your self tanning decision a little easier. Good luck!
33 comments| 194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2013
If you're looking for a quick, pretty even, and cheap tan, Tan Towels is a great option.

The trick is to know how to apply self-tanner, which some people are not familiar with. As a pale person who has used and abused self tanners for a couple of decades, I've learned a few things about how to apply it. Here are a few tips:

First - Cleanse and Exfoliate. Be sure your skin is as clean and smooth to ensure an even tan. Also be sure your skin is moisturized! If your skin is dry, chapped or peeling, chances are that the tan will be uneven.

Second - Be Quick. As soon as you rip open the packaging, unwrap the towel, lay the sheet flat against your palm and go for the largest areas and move quickly in a circular motion, never letting your hand rest in one area for too long.

Third - Broad strokes. Use lots of broad circular strokes so color doesn't distribute too much in one area. Remember to keep that hand moving!

Fourth - Let your skin dry. Some people only wait 5-10 minutes and then put their clothes on. Wait longer and let the skin absorb the product before putting on clothes. I recommend loose clothing. Try to keep your skin dry for as long as possible so as not to disturb the tan that's developing. They say it takes a few hours to develop.

Be sure to wash your hands immediately afterward with soap and water!

If you apply tan towels correctly, you should achieve a pretty even tan. I often use it a day or two in advance for a wedding or special event and people usually assume it's a natural tan from a vacation.

Be sure to pick the correct shade as if you pick one a lot darker than yours, there is a chance of getting that orange-y color.
on April 15, 2015
If you work out this product is not for you. I wanted to love this product so badly but I found that the tan rubs off after a good sweat. For example when spinning, there would be a line on my calves from my cropped leggings.
on January 21, 2014
My daughter and I use this product although she is the primary user. She does not tan. Tan Towels give an even, quick color without the sun exposure or risks of using a tanning bed. Best to apply after a shower of exfoliating and moisturizing. I like to apply just before bed and wake up with a bit of a glow. After applying, be sure to wipe hands with a wet towel to avoid any discoloration to palms/fingers. TIP: after use, save the Tan Towel by placing back in pouch (add a few drops of water if became too dry) and sealing so if you notice any uneven areas in morning, you can do a quick touch up.
on July 10, 2010
The towels are great. Three problems. When I purchased them they were $23 and change, now they are half that price, you need more than one towel
to do your body and third, I was able to find them at Walgreen's for $12.99 after I started to use them.
11 comment| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2009
I have used many tanning products in the past and have never found one that I was happy with. Most are a pain to apply and have stong smells, but I didn't find either one of those problems with the Tan Towel. I love them. They are so fast to apply and you can get dressed immediately once you apply them. I have had no staining of my clothes while using them. I am deffinitely a fan and will continue to use.
on May 2, 2016
These tan wipes worked great prior to my last beach vacation. I had to use them 2 days in a row before I left to get the color I wanted, but it stayed on without streaking through most of my vacation. I was worried that the product would give me uneven color or orange freckles, but all I got was a natural looking tan
on February 7, 2016
Super easy to use, very even natural color! I have tried tons of these products, and this is by far the best. It is hard to mess up. I use it on my face as well. Since I don't do my stomach or upper thighs, I can use a 1/2 towel for my "whole" body. Really glad to have the tan without the risk of skin cancer!
on April 29, 2016
5-stars for price! After purchasing these at HSN for years, now they are available at countless retailers (Kohls, Macys, etc.). Amazon beats the prices for these (classic) and the Tan Towel plus.

The half body size towels are perfect for keeping the tan maintained once you establish the color you want. The classic color is good for face and hands (not as dark as the plus). I'm in my 40's with extremely fair skin but I'm active and outdoors often. I've been using self tanners for years. Nothing is easier than Tan Towels. When using spray tanners, the spray landing on bathroom floors and/or walls is unavoidable, even in a spacious bathroom. Tan Towels are my favorite self tanner because there is no mess and I can control the color better than any other product.

Update 5/3/16: Amazon is now selling this set of 10 half body classic towels through a different vendor and the price went up over $14.00.

I use the half and full body towels in both options (classic and plus). The color is the most natural I've attained.
on August 1, 2015
I like these, but I still prefer to use a tanning lotion over wipes for some reason I can't really explain. One thing I really like about them is the even coverage. I used them before bed one night and woke up with really bad streaks and naturally freaked out a little, but after I showered that morning the streaks were gone. Just a night tan was left. I just think that the gradual build up of lotion is better than the sudden tan of the wipes. Feels more natural I guess.