Most helpful positive review
8 of 8 people found the following review helpful
Tangled In Reins - Spectacular In Music
on February 16, 2010
As a big fan of Steelheart, my personal opinion is Tangled In Reins is out of this world. Mike and the guys blow it out of the water in fashion with this one. From start to finish, I absolutely love it. Each track has something that just powers you through to the next one. This should be something everyone needs to hear and have in their collection.
Lets take a trip...
1. Loaded Mutha - A good opener for the album. Nice raw sound with a continuous edge, and lyrics that lets Mike flex the pipes. 4/5
2. Sticky Side Up - This is where it goes into the fine fury that is Steelheart. Up and down, and all around. In your face drums, bass and guitars. Mikes vocals always please. Good title as this one sticks with you forever as a favorite! 5/5
3. Electric Love Child - A U-turn for sure. Crunchy with a nice serving of "Hell Yeah". I love this song! Spiraling and twisting with awesome drive. And this one shows you how Mike is an awesome instrument all his own. I never want this song to end! 5/5
4. Late For The Party - Lets have a little fun and get a little funky. A fun song that has a good feel for sure. Awesome "In your face" bass and drums giving you a nice ride, with guitars for gasoline! Party song for sure. "Yeah...gimme dat" 4/5
5. All Your Love - A little slower start that brings you into some of that patented Steelheart sound. Mike lets fly on vocals as this one grabs you and doesnt let go. Some of Mikes best ranges with a cool raw edge. The band lights this one up in style! 5/5
6. Love 'Em And I'm Gone - Bass in your face! Raw edge, that give you a good driving ride. Some great guitar work from all over the place. And who knew Mike could go down low? Ha ha! Another one I dont want to end! 5/5
7. Take Me Back Home - One of my favorite tracks of the album, and one of my all time favorite Steelheart songs ever. It just build and builds and builds and then lets fly. Thumping bass and drums, with guitars driving steady and dragging you down the road. ANOTHER one that...yup, you guessed it...I dont want to end! 5/5
8. Steelheart - UN...BE...LIEVE...ABLE!!!!! What a frenzy of the fantastic. You need an I.V. after this one ends. WOW. I love this song!!!!! High speed chase with 500 miles of open road...then an abrupt slam into the wall! 100/100
9. Mama Don't You Cry - Such a great song. As tender as Steelheart allows, and some fantastic piano work. Mike shows how awesome a voice he has so much on this one. So many bands could learn something from this song alone. Simple, clean guitar that compliments the vocals perfectly. How can someone sing this awesome? Its mind blowing. 5/5
10. Dancin' In The Fire - A fun ride to end a fantastic album. Drive and style, mixed with great vocals. Fun from start to finish and all points in between. 5/5
Many people, critics and fans say that the Seattle bands and its sound were the death of the hair bands. Not for me. Nothing those bands could ever do matched the raw, pure talent of bands like Steelheart, Hardline, Firehouse, Skid Row, Roxx Gang, Scorpions, Faster Pussycat, Ratt, Bang Tango, Kix, Dokken, LA Guns and many more. These are the sounds that can never be matched...ever! People fell for the next new thing, and it up and left them after they ran out of ideas. I will play albums like this, as well as so many others for as long as I live. The guitar work is second to none. Excellent drive with a raw, screaming edge...vocals that belt you in the brain and make you scream for more...bass rhythms that pound you into the ground...and drums that totally rearrange your spine! The best you can get!