4.0 out of 5 stars Arcade tank game - great for kids and parties
Published 22 months ago by Oland T. Whitecotton

3.0 out of 5 stars It's fun for a short time..
As much as I like the Wii U and most of its initial titles, Tank Tank Tank!! its my least favorite.

Published 21 months ago by H. Negron

4.0 out of 5 stars Arcade tank game - great for kids and parties, November 27, 2012
This review is from: Tank! Tank! Tank! - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)
If it had manual aiming with the right thumb stick, I'd give this 4 1/2 stars. If you could customize or upgrade your tanks, I'd give it 5. But you can't do either, and the campaign levels are repetitive. With that said though, kids really eat this game up and enjoy the multiplayer modes. I can play it for about 30 minutes to an hour before I get bored with it (I'm 24), it's an arcade game though so have realistic expectations before buying.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's fun for a short time.., December 4, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tank! Tank! Tank! - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)

I learned that this game is an arcade port, which I have never heard before. That being said, I was not harsh with the game's presentation and simplicity : Choose your tank, shoot all, clear the level, that's it. Also, I don't wanna be harsh about how "current generation" the graphics look or not. Again, it is an arcade port. If I have to say something about the graphics, I would say they are passable. I don't really care about that as long as it doesnt interrupt the fun!

Anyways, the game is pretty fun, go crazy shooting robotic monsters along with your computer controlled partner in another tank. What you see in the gamepad screen is a speedometer and other minimal stuff, so you won't really get a lot of use for it. There are medals you earn in order to unlock more tanks with different default weapons and movement. You destroy it all...collecting temporary weapons and shooting all in sight. The thing is, it becomes quite repetitive, and quick. There is a degree of challenge in the game, but nothing too overwhelming. I forgot, you collect medals in order to unlock levels. I believe there are 8 or 10 levels to it.

You can play co-op with a buddy or 3, you can play a deathmatch type of mode with said 3 buddies and you can be the enemy robot and try to destroy your buddies. You can take a picture of yourself and use it to identify your pilot or the monster if you are playing that mode. No online play at all. That really bummed me out... could you imagine a battalion of 16 tanks taking on multiple robot enemies in a city??! or a full blown deathmatch with peeps all over the world?!! Not happening in Tank Tank Tank!!! And I wouldnt hold my hopes up for Namco Bandai to release a patch to enable online gameplay.

I would say Tank Tank Tank!!! is a good party game for a bit of fun time...kids would probably love it. I honestly purchased it because I love mechas and huge monsters causing wanton destruction in a city. I played the demo at a the NYCC and I thought it was great, but it came out to be repetitive and SHORT. Wait for the game to be cheaper!

4.0 out of 5 stars fun but limited, April 22, 2013
This review is from: Tank! Tank! Tank! - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)
the 1st few times i played this with my friends, we had a blast.. our laughs could be heard a mile away. such little fun things like having you picture on the tank and on the big gorilla and the creative/funny way people can do it is fun. over time though, this game can get old quickly, so we are trying to play it a little bit only every gathering. still worth the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars This game is surprisingly fun and totally works for me!, March 26, 2013
Damon Henry (Vancouver, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tank! Tank! Tank! - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)
I read several online reviews about this game before buying. It looked to me like a ton of fun, but all the reviews pointed out all of it's perceived shortcomings making me doubtful. Because of this, I really did not want to spend more than about $20 on it to try for myself, but after lurking on ebay for a few auctions I decided I would pay up to $30 and finally ended up spending $32 once shipping was thrown in. Boy am I glad I did. I love this game! Although I don't dismiss the shortcomings other reviews have pointed out I find that they in no way hinder my ability to sit down and have fun.

I really like this game for several reasons. First, I grew up in the 70's watching Godzilla and other japanese monster movies, so being in one of those little tanks taking on the behemoths just works for me. Also, I am not looking for a game that I can play for hours on end or that requires tons of strategy and planning. Sitting down for 30-60 minutes and doing some mindless button mashing is just fine with me. Plus if some interruption comes along I find that it is easy to put down and come back to next time I feel like playing for a bit. All the different gameplay modes have been a blast. Playing Kong mode where I get to be the monster is like a little boy dream come true and there are just some little details that are totally cool like having a picture of your face as the monsters face :)

When I bought this game I figured I would play it a few times and find that the internet reviewers were right and then turn around and resell it, but now I don't see that happening. I mostly buy games for my kids and rarely play them myself. This game has proven different. My kids rarely play it without me asking to join in and I even sometimes play it when they are not around.

2.0 out of 5 stars It should be a budget title. Below $20!!!, November 29, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tank! Tank! Tank! - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)
The core concept of this game is great! Who wouldn't want to play fast paced fun arcadey tank game that is all about destruction!

Problem is that the entire game feels like they were never trying to make a great game. Here are some biggest flaws of this game.

*Levels are uninspiring. Small and repetitive (the missions and medal system forces you to repeat same levels).
*Presentation is cheap. This is supposed to be Nintendo's next gen console's launch game. But we have static illustration characters only moving mouth and eyes. Not even voice over! UI navigation is unorganized for such simple game
*No internet multiplayer. You can only do local multiplayer. Really? For tank mayhem game in 2012, local play only?
*Last gen graphic: And I mean Wii level graphic and effects here. Not even indication of morphing the ground when enemies appear from the ground. Just cheap black fog... Sigh... If it's made by small indie dev, I could understand.

All in all, it's crime to charge full price for this game to consumers. I returned mine and got a 3DS game. Maybe I will pick it up in few months when it's in a clearance bin for $10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome game for kids..., January 15, 2013
This review is from: Tank! Tank! Tank! - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)
The grandkids love this game and look forward to playing it every time they visit. Great for coordination & challenges their little minds. We monitor their play time and definitely do not allow the games to be used as a baby sitter. That is the biggest defeat of the purpose.

4.0 out of 5 stars My 7 & 9 yr. olds love it!, December 24, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tank! Tank! Tank! - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)
My sons & their friends absolutely love this game. The love how they can take pictures of their faces and add different helmets or costumes and fight eachother or team up. However, I TOTALLY agree with other reviewers that this game is overpriced. I feel $30 would be more fitting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tanks Tanks Tanks is Fun for everyone, February 8, 2014
This review is from: Tank! Tank! Tank! - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)
It is easy to play and easy to move around in. The targets move and you get awarded for completing missions. My grandson enjoy targeting and destroying the different enemies. And the fact that you go back and get more awards for completing the same missions is entertaining. Glad I bought this game!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value -- Great for Kids!, August 16, 2013
This review is from: Tank! Tank! Tank! - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)
Finally at $20, this is priced perfect! It's a simple arcade-style game that is perfect for multiple players. My 7, 5 and 3 year old play this together and have a blast -- it utilizes the WiiPad perfectly and the ability to easily create avatars with the WiiPad's camera is one of my kids' favorite things! Download the demo on the Wii U and if you like it, buy the full thing -- especially for the mode where the WiiPad holder gets to control the monster! $20 is insanely good value on this underrated game. Perhaps the $40 price tag was what caused slow sales and the eventual liquidation price. We've ordered a second copy as my 1 year old loved the disc way too hard and cracked it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game for dads and kids, June 13, 2013
This review is from: Tank! Tank! Tank! - Nintendo Wii U (Video Game)
Easy enough for 5-6 year old kids to play, but interesting enough for an adult to play with the kids and still have a good time.

Tank! Tank! Tank! - Nintendo Wii U
Tank! Tank! Tank! - Nintendo Wii U by Namco (Nintendo Wii U)
$39.99 $23.94