Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 17, 2010
I feel compelled to write a review, as I purchased the audiobook based largely on all the 5-star reviews. I am a seeker and an active reader of metaphysical books. I am very open minded. I am very interested in exposing myself to new perspectives on ancient wisdom including the Tao.

Prior to this book, I had no previous knowledge of Master Sha. He may very well be a sincere and gifted healer and I'll presume that he published this book with the best of intentions. Unfortunately, this book was not very useful to me as a teaching tool. The narrative is very choppy, perhaps due in part to English not being his primary language. It is also painfully repetitive at times. Master Sha claims to be in frequent communication with "the Divine" and that he is a "direct servant" of the Divine. He claims to be presenting us with new, secret spiritual knowledge. However, many of the ideas and concepts that he describes are bizarre and are not taught by any other spiritual teachers that I consider trustworthy. In order to believe the claims, you have to accept that Master Sha is truly in direct communication with the Divine and that he has obtained "secret" knowledge . . . that is a big leap to take without any supporting evidence, even if you are very open to metaphysical teachings.

My biggest concern with this book is the underlying current suggesting that you need to study with Master Sha for ten or more years if you are to attain your spiritual goals. On a subtle level, the book repeatedly promotes Master Sha's workshops and his other books and programs. Master Sha claims that his audio book contains gifts in the form of "soul downloads" to the reader. However, you cannot be blessed by them unless you start actively and repeatedly engaging in his spiritual practices, mantras, songs etc. So, you have to drink the Kool-Aid first before you can be blessed. . . . hmmmm.

In contrast, I've been exposed to many spritual authors where I immediately felt the blessing of the teachings without having to conform to a specific set of practices. I'm much more comfortable with the idea of pursuing my own direct connection to the divine world, as opposed to relying upon the special and intense connection of a "Master". Before buying this book, I recommend reading the Wikipedia entry for Master Sha, as it raises concerns that I now share including the idea that his books are promoted by orchestrated campaigns which may explain the explosion of 5-star reviews posted by some of his students upon the book's release. If you are interested in learning about the Tao, I would look at other books before considering this one such as Wayne Dyer's book which I found to be a very helpful guide to applying Tao wisdom to modern life.
1010 comments| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2010
Yes - I am a student of Master Sha and I use the power of soul constantly. Yes - my life has changed significantly ever since. Yes - I have always looked for the true secrets; and here they are. Yes - I can now study them, anytime and anywhere. Yes - this is only the beginning of the introduction to the purest wisdom to heal yourself, to take control of your life, to transform obstacles in your life, to balance all aspects of life. Yes - this book makes healthier and happier! Yes - I can recommend it!

No - it's not on traditional Taoism.
on June 9, 2010
Let me start by saying that I am not an advanced student of Master Sha's, but I keep hanging around his website, his books, and his people, because the benefits are undeniable. I have not dedicated my life to the mission of transforming Mother Earth and helping all humanity as many have, but no one has kicked me out of the movement for that. They patiently help me as I stumble along, learning as best I can. I do not have the answers for anyone. I can only say that for me there is something very very special about Master Sha, his teachers and this movement. My heart grows in leaps and bounds, and my life expands in a completely surprising and wonderful way - and yes, as a direct result of the things I learn from Master Sha and his books, his website and Facebook community. The Tao I book is the best book for me so far. Sometimes it's very hard to believe something can be so powerful and effective when it feels so simple. Master Sha presents a Tao Jing chant and even sings it in a CD that comes with the book. This chant, when I listen to it and sing it, leaves me feeling well (healthy) and healed in body, mind and soul. Of course, I make mistakes and so must return and get healed again, but it's always there for me. I like to think "one step back, two steps forward," and I'm making progress. So I guess I'm speaking to the ordinary soul out there, like me, who is interested in growing spiritually. My friend, this will do it if you lend yourself to the process. Also check in to Master Sha's Facebook page - get to know some of these lovely people. Do a search on Dr. Sha on Facebook and you'll find it. Wishing you Warm Regards and Happy Hearts!!!!!
on May 17, 2010
I began reading this book a couple weeks, when I received an advance copy. The book is very easy to understand and follow. Master Sha takes you step by step into the deep and profound spiritual wisdom to rejuvenate your body and transform your life. He offers new wisdom given to him through his spiritual channels.

If you read the book, do the practices as they are presented, and use the CD in the back, you will experience change. Within days of starting some of the practices and mantras, I experienced a significant increase in energy and stamina. More importantly, Tao I is changing how I think and perceive the physical and spiritual world.
on November 29, 2010
Tao I is a must have book for any family! It is not just an ordinary book. You get both an ancient text simplified and a divine healing mantra or chant to directly apply Tao wisdom to your health, relationship and financial concerns. My five year old can't put this book down because he sees and feels the Tao light, love and power imbued in every word! He grabs this book often and asks me to chant the Tao Jing with him! This rejuvenation chant alone makes this book priceless and you will not find it in any other Tao text. The included CD will help you learn it or you can just listen while it transforms and enlightens your soul. The Tao has been studied by the greatest dedicated and disciplined Masters yet very few in history have actually deciphered its true essence and melded with the Tao! Dr.& Master Sha, demystifies the Tao, presenting the essence of the ancient Tao wisdom in simple easy to understand language(FINALLY)and introduces new divine wisdom only available in this series of Tao texts! The Divine Tao Jing chant including in this text, contains the sound frequency to transform all that needs transformation within you. We FINALLY have a real opportunity to meld with the Tao! Not only has Master Sha studied with Tao masters from a very young age, he is himself a triple Tao lineage holder and the 373rd lineage holder of Peng Zu, teacher of Lao Tzu the father of Taoism and author of the Tao Te Ching. Chanting the Divine Tao Jing only included in this text, will heal you, rejuvenate you, enlighten you and help you meld with Tao! What other book can do all this? I cherish my Tao I book and you will too!
on May 5, 2012
If you've been attracted to the Chinese, Asian philosophies, don't miss this book. Master Sha has given humanity a chance to understand principles that have been closed to monks and holy people for hundreds of years. Yes, of course there are other books out there but this one was created for you and me. Master Sha helps us to understand how each of the 77 lines can heal ourselves and provide longevity. For advanced students, this text can also delve deeper into the quantum physics of soul and science. The Tao II is a continuation. Master Sha has an incredible CD of the Tao Jing that is healing and great with meditations. It can be found on drsha.com.
on June 9, 2010
To call this a BOOK doesn't really do it justice, because this book is a living being that you can talk to and receive help, guidance and blessings from to bring you personal fulfillment, financial support, healing blessings, and solutions to relationship problems. Oh, you can read the book, it is full of Divine wisdom and practical advice, but I am telling you this book is a living soul..... so go into the book and find out how to really use this to access the "Genie in the bottle"! And make your wish!
on April 19, 2011
Thank you Dr. and Master Sha for this beautiful work. His book and the practices are life transforming. It is a transformational guide to reconnection with the divine, to love and light, love,peace and harmony. It is a healer for health conditions and all challenging conditions. The practice is divine. Dr. Sha also offers complimentary service on his website with daily practices to do the chanting and receive the greater benefit of all the wisdom and divine frequencies in his book and practices. There are so many free services offered on his site. There is so much support. We are experiencing the healing from these practices in our life everyday in so many ways. Thank you Master Sha. Thank you Divine.
on February 17, 2012
I am an amateur practitioner of a couple of forms of meditation and energy healing (jin shin jyutsu, quantum touch, matrix energetics, the Silva method). I use the exercises in the book to expand my own energy, and for healing. They work for me. If people have built a cult around Master Sha, that's what people sometimes do when they lack the courage to find their own center, and their own strength. It does not always reflect on the central figure of the cult.
VINE VOICEon May 18, 2010
The author, Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha, is the 373rd lineage holder of Peng Zu. Peng Zu was the teacher of Lao Tzu who is considered to be the father of Taoism and wrote the Tao Te Ching (The Way and Its Power). These are new Divine Tao teachings which include the essence of the ancient Tao wisdom. The Tao I book includes this Divine Tao Jing and reveals how to heal yourself, slow down the aging process, and even rejuvenate the body. However you won't get much younger by just reading the book. You have to do the practices that are described. When you do the practices, ask the soul of the Tao Jing to heal and bless you. And here is another tip: Use the "soul order" secret that Master Sha revealed in Chapter 4 of The Power of Soul: The Way to Heal, Rejuvenate, Transform, and Enlighten All Life (Soul Power Series). Give your soul (or all your inner souls) an order to chant the Tao Jing while you sleep, or for the next 24 hours. The book includes an audio CD with the Tao Jing sentences and recommended practices. Tao I also includes 30 "Divine downloads" or transmissions of spiritual power that will be transmitted to you when you read the book. These Divine downloads to you are permanent Divine healing and blessing treasures which carry Divine light and frequency that you can use to heal and transform your life. Use these Divine downloads when you do the practices described in the book to improve your results.