Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 23, 2014
This is a great rear-view camera. It works exactly as expected. The video is pretty good even at night. I bought my first one to put on the minivan. I liked it so much that I bought the second one to put on my wife's car.

Being an electrical engineer, I'd like to make the following suggestions to the manufacturer: (1) change the wiring plugs to something smaller so that the user doesn't need to drill big holes to feed the wire through the trunk lid or lift gate (assuming drilling is necessary), and (2) assemble the camera such that the adjustment screws are facing down, not up as shipped, to prevent water and salt from gathering there (this can be changed by reinstalling the fastener plate on the back side of the camera).
22 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2014
Decent looking product, owned less than 6 months. Seen water maybe a dozen times. Had a nice picture to it. I was backing up today and the display is completely washed out, like a camera pointing at the sun.

Thought it could be water inside from a previous car wash, and nope it's dry. Connections are fine. Also another annoying bit was the set screws are rusting.

Selected the return button on my order history and it says not allowed. Hopefully the seller will send a replacement. This didn't even last a complete oil change for me.

Revised to add:
Seller contacted me immediately and sent replacement the following day after this review. Came quick and everything works great. 5 stars for customer service and 4 stars on the product now. Thanks again for the excellent CS.
on August 7, 2014
It's a nice camera, but it isn't 170 degree view. More like 130 degree. I did have to take the camera/mounting bracket apart and flip the camera over, then cut a slot for the wire to exit out of the top. I wanted the adjustment screws on the bottom, and the hole to run the wire on the top. I have it installed in a 2014 Ram 1500 4 x 4 Crew Cab. It is set up so that I can see the ball on my hitch (red line) and the yellow line is at 3 feet out, the first green line is at 4 feet, and the last green line is at 5 feet. I am using it with an ePathChina 4.3 inch video monitor that I bought on Amazon. The image is a little small, I should have gone for the 7 inch monitor, but I didn't want too big a monitor. The plan is to replace the stock radio head unit with a much nicer touch screen aftermarket unit. When I do that I will have the monitor in my new head unit.
I am happy with the camera, but installation took longer than I had hoped. The plan was to tie into the backup lights in the driver's side tail light. I tried that but had black bands running across the screen. I checked the camera and monitor, and both were working well. Then I tied into the reverse light wire and ground wire in the trailer plug, and that works well.
on July 26, 2015
I received and installed this back up camera (TT-CC22) two weeks back. Installation was easy as they provide the extension cords for 12V power and video cable to be connected to the car DVD/LCD screen. I am amazed (my friends too!) by the clarity of this back up camera. It does a very good job even at low lighting conditions. Overall, I am very happy with this purchase.
review image review image
on July 25, 2015
Have it installed for one day. Works as directed. Was harder to install than I was expecting. That could be due to my radio interface. The picture is very clear on my car stereo. I have it paired with Axxera AV714BH with a 7" LCD. There is a brown wire on the radio that turns the screen on for the backup camera once it senses power from the reverse lights. The body of the camera mount is very sturdy. I love the look of the camera. It fits very nice with my jeep as seen in the pictures. I had to make the hole bigger behind my license plate to make sure I could fit the wires through, but that's my vehicle's problem not any fault of the camera. Not much else I can say. I would recommend this to anybody for the price!
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on February 7, 2015
It's cheap and it works but it is not without its issues. First, the bracket is way too long and covers the registration sticker.

Second, my camera came upside down. So in order to make it right side up, you've got to drill a hole. My monitor allows me to flip the image, but then the red/yellow/green guidelines are at the top of the screen.

Third, they used very small wire gauge for power. If you're using three way splice connectors to install it, you won't be able to find ones that will work properly. The 14-18 fit the vehicle wires, but will not make connection on the 22(?) Gauge wire for the camera power. The 18-22 gauge connectors will fit the camera wire, but will not close around the vehicle power wire. I had to cinch mine closed with a zip tie and cover with liquid electrical tape to waterproof. Looks crappy.

Fourth, this camera is NOT rated for continuous duty as a rear view camera. I wanted to wire up this camera to switches power so I could look behind at the trailer whenever I wanted to, but it will get too hot and burn out according to the manual. This is how my last Boyo camera died. This time I decided to just hook it to the reverse light power.

Fifth, the camera is very susceptible to noise on its power line. Every time I touch the brakes I get a flickering screen.

Sixth, it does take a second to power up. My monitor comes on before it does and displays a blue screen for a split second. It's not a huge deal but it takes away from the polished feel of a well thought out system.

But I guess I didn't pay for a well thought out system, either.
on August 22, 2015
Easy to setup and picture quality looked really good on my Pioneer AppRadio 4. Cables had plenty of length to run through my car. After two weeks of use however the unit just stopped working. Rechecked all the connections and everything but was still connected tightly. I recently had some heavy rain and I think that might have damaged the unit. Either way, I recommend spending a little more money to have some piece of mind that the unit will last the life of the car.
on July 9, 2013
This is a very good back up camera that easily mounts to your license tag. Looks nice.....not really noticable to others unless they look hard for the camera. The camera is very clear and displays in color with my Kenwood DNX 6960. I would recommend this back camera to others.
on October 5, 2014
*Disclosure: I was contacted by a rep for TaoTronics and provided a free sample for the purposes of giving my thoughts on it.*

Unlike some other review cameras I recently reviewed, this one is a worthy investment if you're in the market. Indeed, it's identical to the DBPOWER KSJ-CM311B offered b OXA, as well as some other vendors. As such, there isn't a whole lot more to add to the review already done. More or less, I disconnected the DBPOWER model from my car and swapped in this one for a month. No holes to drill here, as this bolts right to your factory license plate frame setup and power is drawn from your reverse lights. Provided with the kit is a decently long video cable. Should it prove to be too short, it's just a standard RCA cable, available at any store. Get an even longer one, or, get a connector to allow you to join up another to the included one. Two of the big things I wanted to know were if it was really waterproof, and, how well it did at night. This model doesn't have IR LEDs, so it's relying on your reverse lights. To test it out, I rigged it all up to my old VW, which isn't know for having the brightest lights even under the best of circumstances. Kicked on, I was able to see pretty well to the rear of the vehicle, more than enough to back up with, at least 10 feet. (I think this camera has found a home, my my old Ghia is a pain to back up at night, given the tin rear window in her convertible top.) The video clarity wasn't nearly as sharp as in full daylight, all grainy, but again, good enough for backing up in reasonable safety. In daylight, the picture is very clear, crisp, and in color. Easily more clear than in my friend's Subbie which has a factory camera installed. As for the waterproof, the best way to try that was in a sink. I dropped the camera in, making sure the end of the wires didn't get wet. Those ends where hooked to a monitor and wall wart 12V PSU, then everything was turned on. In half an hour, everything was still working fine. My thought is, if you're car is underwater longer than that, you have other problems. Anyhow, for the fun of it, I rigged the camera to the front license plate and constant power. Interesting effect, but I'd be worried about the camera taking a rock to the lens or something similar.

For the current price of twenty-three dollar, it's certainly worth a look.
on October 7, 2015
This is the 2nd one I purchased - great price and works perfectly. For my installations, I had to remove 2 screws on the back and flip the camera so the wire exited up and over the top of the license place. When it rains the image may get distorted but I am sure it happens with all cameras.

I do cut off the excess bracket so it does not block the registration sticker (and the other side so it looks even), made with aluminum so cuts easy with a Dremel or hacksaw.
review image