TOP 100 REVIEWERon July 22, 2013
The TT-CM04 is a great value high-resolution TFT LCD monitor. It is not high definition but is detailed enough to work as an excellent backup LCD screen. The monitor automatically switch to the backup camera when it sense you shifted to reverse..

Specs:
- 7" screen size
- 16:9 aspect
- NTSC / PAL
- 12V, 8W
- 2 video inputs

The LCD monitor came with a remote control. You can easily switch with the remote from the backup camera mode (V2) to what you installed on V2, whether it is a DVD player or a game console. Just be aware that the LCD screen don't have any speakers built-in so you would need to connect the audio to your car stereo or a separate speaker. Aside from the remote, the LCD screen has physical buttons to control power, video inputs, and menu for adjusting screen brightness, etc.

The screen is intended to be hard wired to work with your backup camera. It is not for a quick snap installation, a professional like an automotive radio installer is recommended. Of course you can do a DIY if you are pretty handy with these things.

My setup is paired with a TT-CC17 camera. I can see the wide angle image, from left to right and how close the rear bumper is from an object with the LCD screen. The guide area lines on the lower part of the screen with the red line telling you are almost just a foot away from bumping to an object. The green lines are about three to five away approximately. The guide lines will not appear when you are on V1.

Sample item provided by the distributor for evaluation review.
on December 29, 2012
Verified Purchase
Definitely recommend this for anyone interested in installing their own rear backup camera system. As mentioned in title above the quality is absolutely clear as is, not high definition but still as good. Very happy with it. I bought this as my first install rear backup camera system. It took me awhile to find my truck's wire location but once it was found it was easy to tap in. As for package wise, it came in a very good box with clear instruction and all the tool you'll need.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is a nice 7 inch LCD screen for use in your vehicle as a monitor for a backup camera. It can also be used to show video from other sources in your car but it does not have sound output. The remote control allows you to switch between two video sources. This is a nice looking screen and it offers to you multiple methods of mounting it and the mounting hardware is supplied.

You may want to consider having this monitor professionally installed as there is some wiring to be done and any time you are wiring items into your car you must be careful. This is even a recommendation from the supplier so please consider it if you are not skilled at doing such work yourself.

I had mine wired to a Taotronics TT-CC17 backup license plate camera which also came with the appropriate wiring harness. I put together a video of the unit and its accessories for your information.

What's in the box?
* The screen itself
* A plastic mounting snap in frame for the monitor
* A wiring harness with a fused power line and two video plugs ready to connect to a backup camera and another possible video input source. The harness is 6 feet long.
* An instruction manual
* A remote control
* A metal mounting stand for mounting the screen to make it adjustable in the angle of the monitor viewing for the driver.
* A double-sided adhesive mounting pad to mount the stand if you do not want to drill any holes.
This is a nicely packaged monitor and it comes with all of the accessories you need for a professional installation. I am using it for a backup camera like I said but it can also be used to show videos in your vehicle. I rated it as a 5 star item.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 18, 2013
Verified Purchase
Look folks, it's a 7" monitor that you're likely installing to entertain your children. Do you really want to put something with iRetina like quality within reach of a 4 year old armed with any manner of stickiness?

No, probably not. I bought two of these for this exact purpose and installed them in the headrest of my GMC Canyon. They performed flawlessly and worked right out of the box. No muss, no fuss. Kids are happy, daddy is happy, we're all happy.

Seller is excellent as well. Product was delivered a full 3 days ahead of schedule.
on June 8, 2014
Verified Purchase
I bought this 7" monitor (TT-CM04) along with the TaoTronics' backup camera (TT-CC17) to install in my daughter's 2001 Acura MDX. This will review both items. The items were shipped very quickly and reached me in 2 days (with Amazon Prime).

The items were packaged quite nicely and included everything needed for the installation. I had it professionally installed at Best Buy. The wiring is fairly straight-forward (after you read many of the reviews to know what the blue-green wire is for) and I could have done it myself, but I did not feel comfortable removing the panels to route the wires to the front of the car, simply because I have never done anything like it before and I did not want to risk causing damage to the car.

First, the camera itself. As others have stated in their reviews, it is of very good build quality, is metal and quite hefty (not a flimsy plastic). It also looks quite sleek in black. The camera is quite unobtrusive and you would have to be looking carefully at the license plate to know that it is even there. The only gripe I have about the camera is that the two small set screws to adjust the angle of display are very small and set on the top of the unit. This made it (at least in my case) quite difficult to access the screws after installation because the trunk-release lever is quite close to the top of the camera and therefore there is not much clearance to insert the provided very small caliber Allen wrench to do the adjustment. After several frustrating minutes, I was finally able to loosen the set screws to do the adjustment. It is certainly not something I would look forward to doing again if adjustment is needed, and it is the reason I did not give it 5 stars. My recommendation for future iterations of the product would be to have the set-screws on the bottom of the camera - that way access would not be a problem in any car after installation.

The picture is quite good and certainly adequate enough for use as a back up camera. It is by no means high-definition, but good enough for use in its primary function as a back-up camera. I have not yet had a chance to see how it would function in rain or snow; hopefully the picture is still eminently usable under these weather conditions.

As far as the monitor, I had it installed on the center of the dashboard with the adhesive-backed mount provided. I also had the installer screw the mount down into the dash with four screws and he used black caps to cover the screw heads. I was nervous about having screws in the dash, but it actually looks quite nice. I wanted the mount to be screwed down in addition to using the adhesive-backing because I read some reviews here which reported that the adhesive would not hold when the car got very hot, and I did not want to risk having the monitor fall down on a hot summer day. I have it wired such that the camera and monitor only come on when the gear-shift is placed in reverse. It takes about 3-4 seconds after the gear-shift is placed in reverse for the camera to come on (it is not instantaneous; not sure why). Certainly not a deal-breaker, but it would have been nice to have the picture come on instantaneously. The mount allows the monitor position to be adjusted in several different planes and I can even have it lying flat, parallel to the dash, when the monitor is not needed during regular driving. That way you eliminate any little obstruction of the field of view through the windshield that is caused by the monitor.

In summary, this is a very good and economical after-market backup camera system and I have no hesitation in recommending it. What remains to be seen is how long the system will continue to function without any problems. Hopefully, there are no quality-control issues that could cause problems to crop up in the future.
on May 14, 2014
Verified Purchase
Bought it for my F150 with a camper shell since it had a huge blind spot for backing up. Bought this along with the Tao Tronics CC17 camera.
Got it installed in Best Buy for $100 (well worth the money).

You can either set it up to be on all the time or turn on only when you switch the gear to Reverse (While not in reverse, the display powers off, which is a nice feature). It has two video inputs, apparently 2nd input could be connected to a DVD player or a second video camera.

I have a Tesla Model S and a Nissan Leaf. The camera in Tesla is of course top notch, with great day time picture quality. Leaf is a bit mediocre. But the night vision in Tao tronics camera is great compared to both my other cars. But daylight camera quality is so so.. not sure if it is the display or the camera, but the colors seem to be off a bit. But for purposes of backing up, it is quite functional and adequate.

I'm happy with the purchase overall and will recommend this!
on May 8, 2014
Verified Purchase
very easy to install and with the quick disconnect i can move it with ease. I wish I would have bought this first instead of the 4 inch monitor
on May 3, 2014
Verified Purchase
It works great with "TaoTronics® TT-CC17 Waterproof Color CMOS Car License Plate Frame Mount Rear View Backup Camera with 8 IR LED Night Vision (170 Degree Viewing Angle / " on my minivan.
on April 30, 2014
Verified Purchase
Great quality video, even in the dark.
Only thing I don't like about it is it doesn't stick well. I had to screw it into the dashboard.
on August 10, 2013
Verified Purchase
Bought these to install in my vehicle for a 20+ hour road trip with the kids. The displays did take some time to acquire the audio/video signal, but once they did, they worked great.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations