5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - literally!
When I first saw this bulb, I shook my head and told myself that this was too weird and wasn't for me. I've changed out a lot of the bulbs in my house to LEDs, but this one just looked too strange.

I was pleasantly surprised when I actually saw the bulb in person.

Published 22 months ago by Dave Edmiston

3.0 out of 5 stars It si NOT a emergency bulb
I bought 3 bulbs. The lamp has all of the features that are informed, except one.

For me, the more important thing in an emergency bulb is the feature of auto light after a power outage, I mean, the bulb TURN ON after a power outage, but in normal conditions of energy, the bulb is OFF.

When I received the product, I tried to use the feature of auto...
Published 13 months ago by Vicente

3.0 out of 5 stars It si NOT a emergency bulb, August 9, 2013
Vicente (Neiva, Colombia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TaoTronics® TT-FL07 Emergency LED Light Bulb / LED Flashlight (Cool White, 40 Watt Equivalent, E26/E27, Auto Light up During Power Failure) (Sports)

When I received the product, I tried to use the feature of auto light, however it didn't work as I thought.

I wrote to supplier asking for the instructions, and they answered :

"here is the instruction to program it auto light up after power outage:
1. Switch the button to AC position (button on the light body)
2. Press the "ON" button on the remote controller, then the light will always light up. "

That's mean that auto light function, is that the bulb is always ON, and with the remote control you can turn off or turn on. That is NOT an auto light feature.

If you are looking for a remote controled bulb, this is for you; however if you are looking for an emergency light, please search in other way.

Español:

Yo Compré 3 bombillas. La lámpara tiene todas las características que son informadas, excepto una.

Para mí, lo más importante en una bombilla de emergencia es la función de luz automática después de un corte de energía, es decir, la bombilla se enciende después de un corte de energía, pero en condiciones normales de energía, la lámpara está apagada.

Cuando recibí el producto, traté de usar esta función, sin embargo, no funcionó como yo pensaba.

Escribí al proveedor solicitando las instrucciones, y me contestaron:

"aquí está la instrucción para programarlo luz automático después de corte de energía:
1. Cambie el botón a la posición de CA (botón en el cuerpo de luz)
2. Pulse el botón "ON" en el mando a distancia, entonces la luz siempre ilumina. "

Eso significa que la función de luz automática, es que la bombilla está siempre encendida, y con el control remoto se puede apagar o encender. Esta no es una característica de luz automática.

Si usted está buscando una bombilla controlada a distancia, esto es para ti, pero si usted está buscando una luz de emergencia, por favor busque en otro lado.

*****************
UPDATE 13 AUG 2013

This product is good, however it doesn't meet my expectations like an emergency light.

The provider was in constant contact about my worries and feeling about the bulbs. That was VERY GOOD for me, they make me feel that I and my opinions, are very important for them.

They have offered me to refund the cost of bulbs, however I live outside of United States and I can't send them (cost very high). Despite of that, they have offered refund me, and I could keep those bulbs. I have accepted only half of the cost.

Excellent customer attention, despite of that product doesn't meet my expectations.

ESPAÑOL

Este producto es bueno, sin embargo, no cumple con mis expectativas como una luz de emergencia.

El proveedor estuvo en contacto constante con mis preocupaciones y sentimientos acerca de los bombillos. Eso fue muy bueno para mí, me hacen sentir que mis opiniones y yo, son muy importantes para ellos.

Me han ofrecido el reembolso del costo de las bombillas, pero vivo fuera de Estados Unidos y no puedo enviarlos (coste muy alto). A pesar de eso, ellos me han ofrecido el reembolso total, y que yo podía quedarme con los bombillos. He aceptado sólo la mitad del costo.

Excelente atención al cliente, a pesar de que el producto no cumple con mis expectativas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - literally!, November 16, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised when I actually saw the bulb in person.

First of all, the bulb in the picture looks really huge. It's not--that's just a result of the scale of the photo. It's actually almost exactly the size of a typically incandescent light-bulb, which is much smaller than an equivalent compact florescent bulb.

This design is actually genius. It's an LED light-bulb that that screws into a lamp fixture. While in use, it charges an internal battery. If the power goes out, just unscrew the bulb and use it as a portable flashlight. How cool is that?

Even if it didn't have the flashlight feature, this is still a great LED bulb. With 40 LEDs, it provides a nice cool illumination. Note that this is a very "cool" light. If you prefer warmer bulbs, then this wouldn't be the right bulb for you.

The other nice feature is that the remote control makes this a 3-way bulb, with three brightness settings. This is nice, because your 3-way light fixture doesn't really work with LEDs.

When I changed the bulbs in my kitchen to LED, I paid nearly $50 per bulb. This bulb costs much less.

I like this bulb and I like its features. And the rechargeable flashlight feature is a big bonus.

I was provided this item for my unbiased review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool feature - doubles as an emergency flash light., November 21, 2012
Nuknuk (Springfield, VA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This LED lamp is surprisingly bright. It has three lighting levels that you can control with the included remote. The remote control only has one button which you use to cycle in to three intensity levels and off.

VERY COOL FEATURE
This is not an ordinary lamp. It doubles as an emergency flashlight when you lose power. All you have to do is unscrew it and slide the switch to the DC position; it has an internal battery that charges while it is in the socket. Sure it is awkward to handle a lamp bulb as a flashlight, but with a little twist, you can extend the base a few more inches and you have a nice flashlight.

As a flashlight, the remote control will not work if you switch it to DC. But switch it to AC mode and you can control it just like it is in your socket.

There are just a couple of limitations. One, this is more of a spotlight than a bulb. An incandescent bulb or even a compact fluorescent lamp spreads light in all direction, this LED lamp distribute light only downward and not on the side. Two, the remote control is infra-red, it can only work when it is in line of sight. If you will install this lamp recessed or somewhat partially covered on the side with a flange, the remote control will not work. Otherwise, it does its job pretty well.

At the time of this review, the price (29$) is very reasonable compared to many LED lights I found at the major chain hardware store (HD)close to my house.
Sample item was provided by the distributor for review.

4.0 out of 5 stars good lights.. annoying controller, February 6, 2013
The lights work well and as described.. the controller, however, can be rather frustrating. Also there is no easy way to make the lights a bright white or (normal) light. Good for mood lighting.. not so good for homework.

5.0 out of 5 stars TaoTronics Mi-Light LED Bulb with Remote Control System Review!, January 21, 2014
We're gathering a couple of companies in order to bring you a guide to convert your home into a Smart House even if you're on a budget. I'm proud to introduce this product that you can purchase via Amazon US for about $45 ($44.99) with free shipping and special thanks to TaoTronics for sending this out to review. I will be working with them closely in 2014 to bring you the best content possible; no matter your taste in products.

Let's dive in with reviewing what you receive in the box which includes a User Instruction Guide, two LED bulbs, remote control, and that's pretty much all. This doesn't sound like much, does it? Which is perfect since the LED bulbs have all the technology built inside it rather than a bunch of extra and unnecessary items. I do recommend reading the User Instruction Guide since it would take you a lot longer to set up without them. Personally, it took me about 10 to 15 minutes to set up and learn to the point that I was able to share the information with the people that I live with.

Moving onto the remote control that is extremely well built. It's small yet durable and very easy to learn how to use. It's powered by two AAA batteries and you can purchase them via Amazon US and Amazon UK for incredible pricing. It gives you the ability to control all of your lights at one time just with the two buttons that similar to a capital I and O. Otherwise, you can control a single or a group of these LED bulbs with the numbered controls at the bottom of the remote. Since you only receive two bulbs I recommend setting them up with two different buttons otherwise you should purchase at least one more set for a total of 4 LED bulbs. This allows you to get the best out of your remote but one set is enough for you; the average consumer.

Which leads me into the bulbs themselves. They are beautiful even though they may be hidden under a lamp shade or just too bright to stare at when they are in use. I love them either way and never had a problem with them at all. Since I tested them in a living room that only receives natural light from the outdoors I find that the ability to change the color temperature from warm to cool with the push of a button! Brilliant! I find that the cool color temperature is pretty much white to the point that it's incredible bright no matter where you place it. On the flip side, I find the warm color temperature is perfect at night especially the feature called Night Mode that gives you the optimal lighting for reading, gaming, etc.

Now quickly touching on the brightness levels before ending my review I'm very please. No, wait! I'm impressed. Nah, hold on. I'm blinded by the light but in a good way, of course. No matter if the color temperature is cool or warm I find that it will brighten my living room (medium/large) to the point that it had no dark areas and shadows.

In conclusion, this is so far the best LED bulb with remote control system I have tested and reviewed so far. I will continue to check for improvements later in 2014 but at the moment they have a bright feature ahead of them. :D

5.0 out of 5 stars TT-LB02 Two Adj Color White bulbs and remote, great for bedroom, November 10, 2013
I purchased two sets of these lights. Three bulbs are in the ceiling fixture of my bedroom and the fourth bulb is in a nightstand lamp. I programmed both remotes to control each of the four bulbs on the four separate channels of each remote. The nightstand lamp has a very warm colored shade so I keep that bulb set to the most cool color possible. It balances out to a nice warm glow after passing through the lampshade. The three bulbs in the ceiling fixture are uncovered and so the color from them is unmodified and I keep them set to close to the maximum warm color. I found found that I make use of the brightness adjustment daily. When I first enter my bedroom I tend to set the lights to maximum brightness while I'm doing stuff in the room. Once I've settled down or crawled into bed I adjust the lights to a very low level. Sometimes I use the nightlight function of the bulbs, sometimes not. I've stopped using the wall switch for the ceiling light in favor of the remotes. I keep one remote near by bed and one at the desk in the room. If the room is too dark to find a remote on entering I can just flip the wall switch off and then back on to make all the bulb light up. I have read some reviewers complain about this "feature" because it causes the bulbs to come on after a power failure. There are very few power outages where I live, so I'm not at all concerned about the lights coming on when not expected. They use very little electricity and generate only a little heat. These are solidly built nice looking bulbs that output amazing light. These easily replace the 13watt CFLs I was using in this room and are actually just a tad brighter at their maximum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi-tasking light bulb, November 19, 2012
This is my first experience in replacing an incandescent bulb with an LED bulb in a table lamp, and I'm impressed. I love the cool brightness of the light when installed in one of my living room lamps - yet if the power should go out, it can be switched into battery mode while still in the lamp - or can be removed and doubles as a flash light. While in the lamp socket, it's charging the battery/keeping it charged.

If you need to use it as a flashlight, the base of the light twists and extends out a couple inches so your hand will have something to grab onto. It's about the size of a normal 3-way light bulb and fits inside the harp of my lamp perfectly. The included remote control controls intensity of the LED bulbs.

NOTE: I received this at no cost from the manufacturer in exchange for an honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars TT-LB02 - Ingenious Product and Does What It's Suppose To, March 24, 2014
Who knew a light bulb could do so much? Well for one not me until I got the TT-LB02 from Taotrnoics. I didn't even know that these existed. It's a pretty cool concept and makes it easy to get dimmable lights in seconds. It's a lot easier then putting in wiring and a dimmer switch. I was going to go the wiring route but with these it makes things much more simpler and is a much cheaper solution.

Quick Summary of Features:
Adjustable Color (Warm / Cool)
Adjustable Brightness
Remote controllable
LED 6W - 560 Lumens
Input Voltage: 86-265V
Frequency: 50-60Hz
Smart bulbs, the last setting for the bulb is remembered. So no need to reprogram you light every time you turn it back on.

Package Contents:
Two 6W LED bulbs
1 2.4 Ghz remote control (requires 2 AAA batteries not included)
Instruction Manual

The light bulbs operate on the 2.4 Ghz frequency. This is the same as wireless routers, some cordless phones, etc so I thought maybe their would be some interference affecting responsiveness but so far there has been absolutely none to speak of. I currently have a wireless router and cordless phones utilizing the 2.4 Ghz range as well as able to pick up neighboring wireless signals.

The remote is also easy to use and pretty straight forward. You can control 4 different light bulbs individually or as a group with the included remote. With the remote you can control on or off, brightness and temperature. I tested with using the remote to control 2 different bulbs and had no issues.

The bulbs look to be solidly built and nothing looked out of place or like it would cause an issue. The bulb is directional meaning that the light is focused in one specific direction versus flooding the room. The coverage provided by these bulbs is still pretty good though.

In short, this type of bulb is something definitely to keep an eye out for. It is very versatile and so many different applications for this type of bulb are possible. I think the smart bulb I'll call it will be gaining traction once they become wider known of their existence. LED bulbs are expensive to begin with but they last a long time. If I buy anymore LED bulbs I will be sticking to ones of these type that actually offer more features and are similar in price to regular LED bulbs. I give 5 stars, great item, price, and great unique concept.

Disclaimer: This independent unbiased review is based on a product supplied to me free of charge for review purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for those Corner Lamps!, March 8, 2014
At first, I was skeptical on how useful the remote would be. Boy was I pleasantly surprised how amazing it is!

I've used other LED bulbs before but not ones with a remote control.

*Build Quality*

The bulbs are constructed very well. It has a Heat sink, nothing was loose or flimsy.

*Performance*

First, this isn't an omnidirectional bulb. It's not the conventional bulb where light shines everywhere but great for lamps that shine up or light fixtures that shine down.

I placed them in corner lamps and hard to reach lamps. Everyone has that lamp where its just seems out of the way and you placed them there because well; its out of the way. It was just a pain having to turn it on/off. With the remote I never have to go to the far corner of a room to turn on the lamp. Which is just awesome!

The bulbs can be adjusted on the brightness and "temp" of the light. Provided pictures on how bright it can be and the "temp" can vary.

The remote is pretty straight forward, both bulbs were already "connected" to remote.

The remote control is very straight forward and easy to use

****please see customer images***

First, lets start by saying you can control all the bulbs "connected" to the remote or control each bulb individually.

There is a center Ring.

UP = increasing brightness
Down = decreasing brightness
Left = decreasing temp
right = decreasing temp

At the very top, there are two buttons "on" and "off. Which would turn ALL bulbs connected to be on or off.

Once you have turned on the "group of bulbs" you can adjust the brightness and temp of all bulbs in the group.

At the bottom, you have individual controls for each bulb.

Pressing the "on" button on "bulb 1" now gives you control on "bulb 1".

You can change the brightness and temp of "bulb 1" individually while not changing other bulbs.

Pressing the "on" button of "bulb 2" now gives you control of "bulb 2".

Now you can change the settings of "bulb 2" while keeping the settings for all the other bulbs in the group.

*conclusion*

For the price; its hard to not recommend these bulbs due to the sheer convenience it brings!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's A Computerized Light Bulb!, January 11, 2013
What is this??? It is a high-performance Touch Screen Remote Control RGB LED Bulb, using the most advanced PWM (Pulse, Width, and Modulation) control technology. With the scroll wheel on the remote, you can literally access 640,000 colors and 20 automatic changing modes. It's like a computerized light bulb that can change your room's mood in an instant. Mostly used in KTV's (Karaoke bars consisting of private rooms), bars, bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms, hallways, staircases for safety, etc. You get the idea.

It is one of the most fascinating inventions I have seen in a while. The white remote is handy and palm sized which allows you to easily adjust any color, any brightness, adjust gradual color changes, specific color change choices, colors that blink and glitter. The options are virtually limitless - all by touch. In simple terms, you choose colors and can adjust the brightness, make it blink fast or slow, have the light slowly come on or off or make it pulse, fast or slow. It's fully controllable and limitless.

For `green' concerns, it has low power consumption (6 watts) with 50,000 hours of use. Also, it has long distance transmission, strong anti-interference ability and high speed telecommunication. The bulb itself is forged and stamped with an aluminum body which provides to the maximum extent, low heat sink problems. The aluminum fins increase air backflow with these fins. The half globe cover is made of PC and a nanometer coolant (I have no idea what that is, but it sounds great). Light is transmitted evenly and although I couldn't tell, it claims to transmit evenly at over 85% capacity.

For the total geek, there is a chart included with a Program List of twenty modes for adjusting brightness and speed state for various colors. You can control several bulbs at once.

This is the kind of device that you would choose for a specific situation for entertainment, safety or ambiance. It may cost more than a `light bulb', but it is so much more than that. Your imagination is the only limiting factor. As you might guess at this point, it would make a fantastic gift!

Product kindly provided by Tao Electronics for an honest review.

Rate and Discover Movies