Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 165 questions
votes
Red = +12VDC, Black = GND, Yellow = Video, Green = Video GND. So red and black should go to your vehicle's power and ground. Red can be connected to the backup light wiring with a crimp splice connector. This way the camera will come on only when the vehicle is put in reverse. Yellow and green go to the monitor you are using. You can direct connect but a couple of cautions. First the wires are small and hard to work with. You want to be sure not to break any of the small copper strands when you strip the wires. Be sure to solder the connections or they will stop working in a year or two due to corrosion. Second, if you ever need to replace the camera you'll wish you had the plug in connectors (I know, I'm on my third camera. This is my first license plate frame version.) What I did was solder mating connectors to my vehicle power and LCD wires and then just plugged it in. Now if I ever need to replace it, it will be very easy.
Nov 13, 2013 by Swany
votes
My camera was professionally installed by a stereo electronics shop. It comes on about one second after the gear shift lever is put in reverse. It appeared that all of the necessary wiring harnesses were included. As some of the reviewers mentioned the hot and the ground leads are quite small in gauge.
Mar 16, 2014 by John L. Stockton Jr.
votes
I've been through several times. I've had no issues.
Oct 24, 2013 by Deryl B
votes
Probably not. I had the same issue on a newer Jeep Wrangler Sahara. Had to send back. This camera requires the full frame area of the license plate in order to fit.
Jan 10, 2015 by Tim
votes
It's pretty straightforward. I installed this unit in an f150. Remove the license plate and run the wire behind it and along the chassi follow other wires that lead to the engine compartment. From the engine bay, on the firewall there will be a grommet with other factory wires running into the cab. Route your wire behind the dash and up to the stero. There's reall no trick to doing all this. Just take your time and make sure to use wire ties to secure the wire every foot or so.
Oct 13, 2014 by Giovanni Lopez
votes
The camera produces a RCA composite signal (old school analog TV). To the degree your tablet can accept this type of input, then it should display. My experience with tablets is they tend not to accept a composite signal natively.
Sep 19, 2014 by Randy M.
vote
front Apr 16, 2014
Rear
Apr 16, 2014 by JAJUAN WILLIAMS
vote
yes or better yet run it to your fuse block and install an on/off ( rocker switch) so your can flip it on/off at any time. Even rolling down the road to check your trailer behind you.
Mar 28, 2014 by Mark D. Gengler
vote
There should be a little hex key included in the box. There are two little holes on the top of the license plate camera section. Use the key to loosen the camera part and move it up or down. If no key in box, you should be able to find one at the any auto parts store.
Sep 10, 2013 by kimmarc723
vote
Yes and you can get rid of them
Jan 23, 2015 by John Reznicek
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   17   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers