5.0 out of 5 stars Mag release

2.0 out of 5 stars Might have issues
Published on February 11, 2012 by Hogkiller

2.0 out of 5 stars Might have issues, February 11, 2012
This review is from: Tapco Intrafuse SKS Extended Mag Catch (Sports)
As mentioned in some of the other reviews, this item is made out of plastic. I would recommend holding on to your original release just in case this one wears out or breaks. Installation is fairly easy. This release does not come with a replacement pin so be careful not to damage your original when removing it. I installed the release and locked in my magazine. After firing 7 shots my magazine fell out on to the ground. After inspecting the release I noticed that the ledge that secures the magazine had broken off. The plastic is hard but brittle in my opinion. I will have to re-install my original release. If you can find an extended release made of metal then go for it, but this plastic release is not dependable and the last thing anyone should have to worry about is if their magazine is going to fall out of the rifle while using it. At the present that was $15.94 down the tubes.I will contact the seller to see if they will give me a refund. Whatever their course of action is I will post on this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mag release, July 10, 2010
This review is from: Tapco Intrafuse SKS Extended Mag Catch (Sports)
This tapco mag release is so much longer than the stock peice that it just makes it so much easier to get a grip on it. when knocking the pin out that keeps it in place, make sure when punching it out or punching it back in after installing the new part not to close the gap any, where the new peice fits in. Sometines this is where people say the new part fits tight. This is what happen to me, so I open the gap back up just a little bit. Now it works freely an with some oil works great. Even though its plastic it seems very tuff. Plus tapco gives a life time warranty on it. Hopes this bit of info helps on your install.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT, June 2, 2010
This review is from: Tapco Intrafuse SKS Extended Mag Catch (Sports)
Easy replacement part. If you know how to break down the gun, you can easily tap out the pin that holds the original mag catch in place. The extended catch is a little tight at first after being installed. I recommend working the catch back and forth several times with no lubrication to speed up the break in. Once it moves freely enough for your taste, a good lube is highly recommended. The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars was because I feel that this product would be better if it was made of aluminum alloy or steel. That being said, The Tapco part is very sturdy and seems to be able to take a lot of abuse. I have used this product in some very harsh environments and have found it to be a great addition to any sks with removable mags!

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 2 weeks of occasional use, February 9, 2012
This review is from: Tapco Intrafuse SKS Extended Mag Catch (Sports)
I was initially happy with this product despite having to file the slots out a bit for it to fit on my Norinco SKS. The ergonomics are great, however the material leaves something to be desired. On my second trip to the range I happened to LIGHTLY bang my Tapco mag on the bench and it broke the edge of the catch right off. This was absolutely not something that would have been weakened by my light filing. Do not waste your money on this or rely on it in any kind of situation. I was very surprised by this since I am familiar with Tapco products and have had great experiences with them so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tapco Extended mag, February 5, 2014
This review is from: Tapco Intrafuse SKS Extended Mag Catch (Sports)
We ordered this product because of the price and availability of the product. We we're surprised of the great quality and packaging that came in the time that was designated by Tapco.
We gave it a 5 star rating because it is very easy to install. It looks good and works great!
I would highly recommend this product to everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shipper is good product.... well, March 24, 2014
This review is from: Tapco Intrafuse SKS Extended Mag Catch (Sports)
The first one that was shipped to me was defective. It had came from a molding process that had a broken insert and was deformed so points to poor quality control and poor molding operations. I returned it and a new one arrived with no issues at all so can not say anything bad about that! In fact they sent me the new one first and then a few days later sent UPS to my door to pick up the bad one free of charge to me! All in all after the rocky start I can not really say too much bad here cause they took care of it all with out any real issue to me and all I had to do was login to my account and say it was defective and nothing else!!! Great customer service! Easy to deal with only draw back is that they did send me a bad one first which is not ever a good thing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easier to use, February 19, 2014
This review is from: Tapco Intrafuse SKS Extended Mag Catch (Sports)
Easier to pull to eject magazines on my SKS, but the pin holding the catch was a pain to punch out. I suggest sanding down one end of the pin with sandpaper and punching it out from that same end. Then once it is out sand down the whole pin (just a little bit, otherwise the pin will fit too loose). Sanding down the whole pin a little bit will make it easier to install. One thing that can be better on this catch are the edges. It has sharp edges, but you can use sandpaper to smooth them out where your finger will grab it.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, February 18, 2014
This review is from: Tapco Intrafuse SKS Extended Mag Catch (Sports)
its nice to actually have a decent finger hold on the mag release. yep its plastic just like the description says so it feels cheap but being tapco i feel it may last a while lol. who knows just dont throw away you metal one!!! still i like mine. and i received it quickly from this seller thnx

5.0 out of 5 stars Extended mag catch, February 1, 2014
This review is from: Tapco Intrafuse SKS Extended Mag Catch (Sports)
It worked flawlessly.Tapco makes the finest quality gun components bar none! Thanks Amazon for carrying these gun parts. This part is a must for SKS magazine conversion.

5.0 out of 5 stars A++++++++ Product and Service, January 23, 2014
This review is from: Tapco Intrafuse SKS Extended Mag Catch (Sports)
Great product and very satisfied with the purchase as it is very sturdy and well constructed. Would buy product again.

Tapco Intrafuse SKS Extended Mag Catch