Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on September 16, 2009
This is the cheapest quality I have ever seen. It is completely overpriced at $20 and I definately would NOT recommend it. It is difficult to open and it does not appear it will accomodate 8 barbies as stated. Also on the back of the case there is a nickel sized cutout in the center that appears to buckle with the plastic causing a VERY sharp edge. It looks as if the back is unfinished with a bubbling plastice circle in the center. DO NOT PURCHASE this case as it is not worth the money!!!!!!!!!!
22 comments111 of 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2010
I actually chose to buy this at Walmart because it was priced about $6 cheaper. My daughter just turned 4 and got a ton of Barbies so I figured I would try these out. We already have one of those collapsible Barbie holders and it is a total piece of junk so we needed to try something new. This is very cute and I have seen no problems with the plastic being weak. It holds 8 Barbies although it is a tight fit and the 3 compartments hold quite a few dresses, shoes, and brushes. It is difficult to open and close so my daughter brings it to me to do those for her which is the reason I did not give it a 5 star rating. Overall, it does it's job for the price.
0Comment74 of 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2009
Product description is horrible. This product is obviously used although I see nowhere in the statement that it is. Poor quality and extremely overpriced. I wish I had read the other poor reviews before purchasing. I woiuld say it's worth about $5.00. Thankfully, my daughter is only 4 and doesn't know any better. But, what a waste.
on December 17, 2009
I ordered 2 of these cases as gifts. The case is big and has lots of room; everything else is bad news. The trunks already had stress points making the plastic weak and vulnerable to easier breakage or cracking through normal play. The biggest disapointment was with closing and opening the trunk. The "locks" on the case are extremely hard to open and close. Further, the size of the trunk made it very difficult to line up to close. Of note, both my husband and myself pinched our hands in the trunk trying to close it. In my opinion, children will get hurt using this item. Not life threatening injury but hurt just the same. I would not recommend this item to anyone.
0Comment50 of 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2010
This is such a cheap piece of plastic. Hinges weren't even together when it was taken out of the box and very hard to match up the edges to open and close, the horrible design of the molded plastic clasp to close doesn't help either. There is no "clothes rod" to hang clothes, so don't bother buying the hangers they try to bundle this with either.

Bought this for my granddaughter (age 7) for Christmas and didn't open the box until I was ready to wrap it on Christmas Eve so she wouldn't be able to peek. Wish I had opened it when it arrived so I could have sent it back and got something else. Like someone else said, just a plastic container would work just as well with some Barbie stickers put on it for decoration.

Would not recommend. They sure don't make them like they used to - I still have my Barbie cases from back in the 1960s (well played with and hauled around to friends houses constantly) and they are better at holding stuff than this junk.
11 comment13 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2010
Before Christmas this trunk was priced at $38.00 so I ordered it believing the advertizement. It was supposed to hold 8 dolls. There are only slots for 3 dolls. The quality of this product dissappointed me greatly. It is cheap plastic and doesn't close and stay closed properly I believe it was misrepresented and I am very unsatisfied.
on January 26, 2011
looks cute but that is about it......does not hold the amount of Barbies it says it will (8) no way...could barely get 3 in there neat enough to not get messed up. a disappointment to me but my child was happy enough with it. don't spend the money on it...got to be something better!
on November 11, 2009
This toy does not hold 8 barbies [ it says it will] but other than that it is pretty good.It has 3 storage compartments labeled with pictures, 3 places you can buckle in a barbie, and a place to put random stuff. The handle on top is a little small but no harm done.
VINE VOICEon January 23, 2011
I'm really disappointed at how crappy even simple children's things have become, thanks to manufacturer's greed nowadays in making things cheaply in China and then hoping it will break quickly so you have to rush out and buy a new one. I agree with the other reviewers here - hard to open and close, the trunk is made of cheap plastic that can't hold more than 3 dolls. Do yourself a favor and buy a vintage Barbie case from ebay. I still have one from the 70s that still works, a few tears notwithstanding, with a METAL clasp. Whatever was wrong with vinyl and cardboard? Answer: it lasts too long, and companies wouldn't be able to force customers to buy the same thing three times over.
on May 4, 2011
Holds dolls on both sides, has 3 storage boxes for shoes, clothes and accessories. Locks tightly and best of all made in the U.S.A.
Very sturdy hard plastic that stays closed.

See 1 answered question