Great resource or quick medication look up before you instructor/preceptor asks what med you are giving and why. Have even lost a few to doctors over the years
Published 20 months ago by Mechelle L. Hassard

3.0 out of 5 stars good book, perhaps direction is veering off...
Published on February 14, 2012 by kk

3.0 out of 5 stars good book, perhaps direction is veering off..., February 14, 2012
kk (north dakota) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia 2012 Classic Shirt-Pocket Edition (Paperback)
As I was using this, I have run across 2 drugs that when I look them up in the index, It is categorized as "D" indicating it is not in the shirt pocket edition. So, I did a comparison of the first page of the index, and in 2011, there is 16 "D"s on the first page, and 1 PDA. 2012 first page which also ends in the entry aldesluekin, same as 2011, has 29 "D"s and 16 PDA designations. Yet, I have 2 pages of labeling of microbes, and 6 pages of herbal remedies, which vary dramatically by region as to what is in fashion. Where I am not against information of this nature, a drug book is not the right location.
I have used these books for many years, and liked them, the organization, succinctness, the printing, even.
There are many shirt pocket books by tarascon which detail various procedures, treatments, etc. Don't dilute what the pocket pharmacopoeia is, a book about working pharmaceuticals.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have always carried one of these through LPN school and now RN school, March 10, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a classic, November 15, 2012
When technology fails, Tarascon Pharmacopeia is still there. Essential to primary care and hospitalist practice. Allows quick easy refrence of virtually any medication. Knowing the significance is up to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little book, December 12, 2011
Always very handy to have around. Also provides simple dosing information and vital signs for peds inside the front cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks to the seller and thanks to the author!, December 1, 2011
I received my book in time. It is REALLY pocket size :D

This is a pharmacist's bible! My pharmacy manager told me that... and I don't think I can live without it. Concise and to the point.

Thank you to the seller for delivering it in such a perfect packaging and to the author for such a wonderful book :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 29, 2014
It is a great pocket reference and is way better then the smaller version in my opinion.

3.0 out of 5 stars Keep your old pharmacopeia, June 4, 2014
I am glad I kept my 2008 copy it has more drugs. Wait to see if a later copy is more complete.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, December 2, 2013
Very disappointed. I'm a retired nurse. This product, Tarascon Pharmacopoeia was not what I expected. I needed more info on the pamphlet to have made a better decision to buy or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, October 16, 2013
This is a rather resourceful little book and fits perfectly into any small pocket or purse. I'll get the updated versions and apps if they are any.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use use it every day!, August 29, 2013
Not a work-day goes by that I don't use this. There is a HUGE amount of useful date in this, and you can comfortably carry it in a shirt pocket. It would be a bargain at twice the price.

Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia 2012 Classic Shirt-Pocket Edition
Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia 2012 Classic Shirt-Pocket Edition by MD, FAAEM, FACMT, FACEP, Editor in Chief, Richard J. Hamilton (Paperback - November 9, 2011)
$16.95 $13.70