5.0 out of 5 stars I've got the shorter version, buy the height for you.
Published on October 11, 2004 by Weldon Grant

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but should be better quality control for this price
Published on August 8, 2012 by brazos49

5.0 out of 5 stars I've got the shorter version, buy the height for you., October 11, 2004
This review is from: Target Precision RB-H1034 Rugged Buddy 34-Inch Folding Sawhorse Legs for One Complete Sawhorse (Tools & Home Improvement)
After I went through three cheap sets of sawhorses in a year I thought maybe I should give these a try (seems like I sneeze on some of the other models available and something breaks on them. Seventy dollars and week for shipping later I got these. They take some initial setup, you supply the wood. Takes maybe 15 minutes to get 2 sawhorses put together, including time to get the tools out and put back away. After that, these things were all business, 22 twelve foot pressure treated 2x8's and not a squeak of complaint. The weak point in the whole setup? I'd say the 2x4 I used... I think when I need to replace the boards I'm going to go cut up some 4x4's just for good measure and the extra 1 1/2 inch of height.

Just a matter of opinion, after playing with some trojan sawhorses, I think these are the better of the 2.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but should be better quality control for this price, August 8, 2012
There are a lot of nice design features incorporated into these sawhorse legs. The batter/angle of the legs adds to sturdiness. The rubber feet help with gripping. They fold up to a pretty compact size. They tell you how to adjust them to try to get the legs even. You can put a pair of these (which I bought) very close together or at a wide range of angles, which I find useful for woodworking.

But, there are some issues. I bought a premium grade stud which I hand selected for straightness for the top. Even with this, it was a much too troublesome process to try to level the legs after I first put them together. I have to think this is just poor manufacturing quality control. At this price, if you put a straight board on them, the legs ought to sit flat on a level surface. Neither of mine was even close, with some legs more than an inch off the surface. So, I had to spend a lot more time than I wanted to spend trying to level these out. And, if you have to do much leveling for the legs, the top will no longer be nice and flat. Also, the plates you have to push to fold the legs are hard to get to function. I had to spray one of mine with lubricant to make it a little easier to fold. I still have to kick it just with the right timing while I pull the legs to get it to fold. Again, poor manufacturing and engineering. And, one more thing - the way these fold, the legs will swing beyond the plane of the top. This is awkward. I used bungee cords to kind of hold the legs so they're not flapping around.

Reading this, three stars seems generous (two and a half is probably fair), but I haven't been able to find a better alternative to these overpriced, poorly manufactured sawhorse legs. If I had paid half as much, I'd understand the quality issues; but, for what I paid ($38 times two), I don't see these as good value. I don't know what to tell you to buy instead that is a good value. I just wish manufacturers would deliver good, well produced items.

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable shooting bench, April 19, 2012
While doing a search for shooting benches, I came across plans for a DIY bench, which recommended the "Rugged Buddy" folding sawhorse legs. I read some other ideas for DIY benches & settled on this plan. Since receiveing my 'sawhorse' legs, I've followed the plans and ended up with what I consider to be a very nice shooting bench. I plan on using it this sunday at an air rifle match, and if time allows, a .22 rimfire match in the afternoon. These folding legs are very well made and are quite steady. You may need to do some shiming on one corner, but other than that, this is one 'rock steady' bench. Also, I would recommend using round head or carridge bolts to attach the plywod top to the legs, and the better choice for the stiffner is the aluminum or steel angle stock.
I can haul this thing around on my power wheelchair, so I guess that's a testament to its portability. I did do the 'handle' cutout and a couple friends have used it to tote it around. The key to that is to try to put it a few inches from the center (lengthwise) toward the front or 'heavy end' of the top. That's merely for a balanced carry. Bottom line is these folding legs are top notch, whether you plan to use them for a folding sawhorse or some other portable doodad. I
wouldn't swap 'em for anything else I've seen.

4.0 out of 5 stars heavy duty & great features, April 9, 2012
These are a really heavy duty set of legs for a horse. After getting them I also mounted them on a 3/4" of 2'x4' plywood for a great utility table. They are beefier than I needed for a horse, but end up being great table lags. With only a small mounting area, they hold a fair size table very steady & support a ton of weight. A great base for a planting table, shooter's bench, etc. Not cheap, but super duty, good locking latch, and are shaped to fold nearly flat on each other so you don't need to take their thickness into account when you mount them. Very slick, mounting couldn't be simpler. I'd give them 5 stars if they were less than 30 bucks.

5.0 out of 5 stars handy, compact sawhorses, October 29, 2006
Erich "EV" (Western Slope of Colorado, USA) - See all my reviews
As a professional remodeling contractor I try to bring everything but the kitchen sink onto the job. For all the tools in the back of my truck there is absolutely no room for wood, homemade horses. Also, I won't saw on the ground and the older I get the less I want to stoop over to pick up materials. That's where these horses come in. I've had a set of these horses for 5 yrs. and they've worked well for me. One tip - glue the leg tips on. One weak point - the flat piece of metal that the legs swing into & click into can snap off. To be realistic though, nothing is indestructable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shooting bench legs, April 18, 2012
I purchased these legs to install on my portable shooting bench. The legs are everything I hoped they would be. All of the hardware was included for an extremely easy installation. The only reason I rated the legs a four is due to how difficult it is to disengage the the leg releases for folding. Perhaps they will get easier with use. Other than that, I am very happy with the product and would not hesitate to order more if needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent production for shooting table application, February 7, 2012
dd93012 (Dallas, USA) - See all my reviews
I made one out of this product. It looks nice and it is not very picky about the level of ground . I also noticed that it is more rigid in short direction than long direction, it probably because the locking mechanism is not strong and rigid enough for this kind of application, it would be nice if they can improve this a little bit. I recommend this thing to anyone who want to build customized shooting bench as a DIY project.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, Sturdy, and Durable, December 5, 2014
I love these things! I do professional framing and finish carpentry and these things have become indispensable. I have 2 and will be ordering 2 more when I can. I laminated 3 pieces of 1/2" plywood together to make my tops. I cut them to 30" x 6" and that leaves me with a 30"x6"x1.5" platform that is both really sturdy and that I can screw other pieces of wood to for cutting shims with the circular saw, making a really sturdy table, and on and on.

Reasons these are far superior to all the other sawhorses I've used or seen on job sites:
-They easily fold up for transport in the back of my pickup with the topper on.
-The working height of 34+" makes a world of difference in my back over most other saw horses that seem to be 24" to 28"
-I crank out about a half-dozen tops at a time so I can quickly and easily replace a top after it's been sawed or drilled through one too many times.
-The ability to attach a wood top is a huge advantage over metal or plastic folding saw horses. I can rip plywood right on the saw horses and quickly attach other pieces of wood. Being able to replace the top makes these potentially heirloom quality items.
-Stupid sturdy. With the tops I've made I really can't imagine anything you'd find at a job site that you couldn't stack up on these. I've used them to stack all the lumber needed to frame a garage and couldn't detect any bowing or any signs of strain.
-When not folded up they stack on top of one another as well or better than any other sawhorses I've used.
-You can also use them to make a folding table, shooting bench, and on and on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific saw horse legs, April 8, 2012
These folding legs are the best. They are available in two heights. I purchased a few pairs for various projects. The higher pair was used in making a portable rifle bench rest which ended up being very sturdy and stable. The second lower height pair(s) were use to make custom 2"x6" saw horses. They also turned out to be extremely stable and sturdy. The saw horse legs come complete with all the hardware, ready to install. What I like best about them is that they fold up and use very little storage space in my small basement. The other thing I liked about them is that you can make your saw horse length whatever custom length you prefer. The legs have a very nice blue color to them. Shipping was intact and on time...about as good as it gets!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid construction, July 25, 2013
These are a bit overkill for most of our needs in the cabinet shop but I will not hesitate putting 30 sheets of plywood on these. They fold up and out of the way, and they just remind me that there are folks making good quality products which are pleasure to have around. We put a little wider board on the top so we can use one sawhorse for a narrow table as needed.