Published on June 29, 2009 by Fool for Books

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done if you can stand the smell of neoprene
Published on July 24, 2010 by M. Erb

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Lenovo S10 with 10.2 in screen and 6 cell battery, June 29, 2009
I was concerned this might not be large enough. I had tried some other brands at a local store and they were tight. This is a loose fit, zips easily even with my "cooler pad" included, and protects my low profile wireless mouse interface. It is very stretchy and could accommodate the charger and the mouse, but it would be a very lumpy, untidy package. Completely meets my requirements.

4.0 out of 5 stars The color is not so bad but the price is GREAT!, December 15, 2009
This review is from: Targus Neoprene Slipskin Peel Netbook Slip Case Designed to Protect up to 10.2-Inch Netbooks TSS11104US (Black with Blue) (Personal Computers)
The turquoise trim is definitely not my first choice but the price more than makes up for it. The same Targus case in other colors are selling for more than twice the price of this one! What a great deal! The turquoise trim is not bad at all with my all-black netbook. Perhaps it may clash more if you had another color netbook.

This is a nice one-pocket case that fits my Asus 1005HA with room to spare. You can definitely put in the charger without any problem. However, since it's one pocket, I would recommend keeping the charger in a separate plastic bag before putting it next to the netbook to prevent scratching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just in CASE......., June 20, 2009
Kiwi (...outside the norm...) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is a perfect case for the 10.2 inch netbook. It is not a tight fit, but a comfortable fit. These cases are made to protect netbooks from scratches, etc. and this one is waterproof as well. The zipper flows nicely and it is light as a feather.

I don't plan on putting the adapter in it and there really isn't much room for it, but you could if you wanted too.... It has a lifetime warranty and you have a choice of colors....There is no handle which suits me fine because I carry it in my backpack or pocketbook.

A must have if you own a netbook and carry it around with you. I love my purchase !!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done if you can stand the smell of neoprene, July 24, 2010
I recently purchased an Acer AspireOne 532h Netbook with 10.1" screen. This looked like a nice little zippered sleeve type case that would protect my netbook without being too bulky. It does that OK. The zipper works smoothly and the case, being neoprene easily stretches to accommodate the bulging battery of the Acer One. I don't feel that the case is too large for the Acer, it seems just about right to me. I suppose it -could- be slightly smaller to fit the Acer very snugly but as far as I'm concerned the tighter the fit, the harder it would be to easily slip the netbook in and out of the case.

What is very objectionable to my nose is the awful smell of the neoprene. I've had other neoprene cases for other devices but this one has such a strong odor that I just can't stand it. I've actually returned this case and will search some more for something else similar.

It also dawned on me that I might like a case that has an external zippered pocket to accommodate the charger and/or a mouse. I'm not docking any points for the lack of a pocket because I knew beforehand that this was a pocketless case. Just sayin'.

I guess if the smell doesn't bother you then this is a viable choice. I actually purchased mine at a Big Box Office Suppply Store for $15 after a 20% discount so the price of under $10 (as I write this) on Amazon is one heck of a good deal, especially if you have an Amazon Prime account (free shipping.)

For me though, the smell killed the deal and I can't award this case any more than 3 stars. Take the smell away and you've got a 5 star case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Sized for Toshiba's NB205, August 20, 2009
I recently purchased a Toshiba NB205 and was on the hunt for a modest neoprene sleeve to sheath my fancy new netbook. One quirk of the NB205 is the protruding battery pack on the back - while it keeps this fantastic machine running for 9 hours per charge, it also poses a challenge when looking for a snug-fitting sleeve. Thankfully, Targus makes this 10.2-inch sleeve and it's a perfect fit. It's only a sleeve - no hidden pockets or exterior accessory storage - but it fits the NB205 like a glove and has additional niceties, like a fabric-protected zipper and sturdy, cushiony piping along the interior edges for extra protection against bumps and scuffs. Highly recommended for every NB205 owner!

5.0 out of 5 stars IPad case, February 21, 2011
I was looking for a padded case to use for my Ipad. I have the basic Apple folio cover on my Ipad and that makes it too big for some slip cases. This one fits with the cover on. It is just what I was looking for. However, if you don't have some type of folio cover or skin on your Ipad I feel that it would be too big for the Ipad.

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought it for an iPad, works great, December 22, 2010
It fits the iPad great. Maybe an inch too large but it keeps it safe inside my bag. As most Targus stuff it's made very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job,, December 27, 2009
This sleeve does what it's supposed to: it protects my netbook from spills, nicks, and dust while it bounces around in my backpack. It's not a replacement for a typical laptop case; it doesn't have any handles, pockets, or additional padding.

The zipper seems decent, and it hasn't broken yet in a few weeks of daily use. I would buy one again for $8.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit for Dell mini 1012, March 24, 2010
Whats not to like? Protects my new Dell mini 10 (1012) really well. No extra wiggle room but just the right fit. Material is soft and looks durable and does not scratch the surfaces. Keeps my netbook shiny as new!

5.0 out of 5 stars 11 year old daughter loves this for her netbook, December 26, 2009
Bought this for my 11yr old daughter to go along with her 10.1 Acer netbook on Christmas. For $8 you will not find a better bargain out there. The neoprene is thick enough for minor protection and abrasions but thin enough not to add bulk. It looks better in person also. It's deep black with bright blue trim. Nothing wrong with black/blue in my opinion.

Rate and Discover Movies