Targus Unofficial Backpack Case Designed for 16 Inch Laptops TSB168US (Black)
|Price:||$32.99 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$20.00 (38%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Fits up to 16" widescreen laptops; Features 360° air-mesh padded laptop protection
- Features two side water bottle pockets, expandable accessory pockets, easy grip handle for carrying
- Air-ventilated back panel provides comfort, contoured padded shoulder straps provide equal weight distribution
- Constructed of durable water-resistant nylon; backpack also features a water-resistant base
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Size: Backpack 16 Inch | Color: Black
Top Customer Reviews
First the good:
1. Relatively compact size in width and depth.
2. Zippers are sturdy and move smoothly without binding.
3. Two compartments. One for laptop and another for accessories, pencil/pen, and other related items.
4. Outer compartment has zip, but is configured as two pockets.
5. Back pocket for magazine/newspapers.
6. Strap is 1.5" wide and sturdy like a seat belt. It is attached with a metal hook and firmly cross-stitched on the other side. This is generally hard to find on more inexpensive bags.
Now the bad:
1. It is snug for a 13.3" thin laptop like a MacBook Pro and would be hard to squeeze in a standard 14" Dell or HP.
2. The pockets don't expand and the zipper does not go down the sides at all, the zipper ends a couple of inches from the top on both sides.
3. A 13.3" MacBook Pro in a sleeve is a bit snug, but will work; however, with accessories in the 2nd compartment, like the power adapter, a couple of short cables and papers makes this bag hard to use.
4. It is more ideal for a netbook or a 12" thin laptop.
5. There is no room for expansion.
Finally, this would have been the ideal bag, had it been been able to expand about an inch in width and depth. Perhaps the 16" version would be more appropriate for a 13" or 14" laptop.
This is just about the most perfect laptop bag I've owned.
The bag is perfectly designed and built to an exceptionally high quality standard.
Here are the details:
The bag, when closed, is about 16 inches long, 12 inches high, and 4 inches deep. When closed, it looks like a little cubic rectangle, with very clean lines. It has one adjustable shoulder strap about three inches wide made out of the same stuff that a car seatbelt is-- very sturdy. What people may not appreciate about this-- but which I do-- is that because it is made of this seatbelt material (which is flexible, but not TOO flexible), the shoulder strap KEEPS ITS SHAPE and doesn't fold over on itself and thus bite into your shoulder. On the other hand, it is soft and flexible enough that it doesn't hurt, either--- you know, kind of like a seatbelt! It is just COMFORTABLE when you carry it. The shoulder strap is actually sewn to the body of the case in a large square pattern. What this means practically is that the cord doesn't flip upside down or get tangled. Everyone has had that one terrible bag that no matter how you carry it on your shoulder, the strap twists around, then the bag twists around, and everything is just so uncomfortable that you have to put all your effort into carrying the bag rather than anything else you might want to carry. Frustration! This bag doesn't do that! The strap is so well-designed that the bag sits on your shoulder and stays there very comfortably with no extra effort on your part.Read more ›
There is a weighted flap that folds over the zippered compartments but it does not snap shut. The shoulder strap to the bag is adjustable, so you can change that to a suitable length for yourself. Then there is an outside pouch that has no closure. Since I wanted quick access to my cell phone and keys, I put them inside this pouch. The outside features of the bag are where the quirks come to light.
There is no strap on top of the bag to carry it like a briefcase if desired. There is a little area where the nylon strap across the back is not sewn down so you can grab ahold of it there but I would definitely not call this a handle. I had set the bag on the floor of the passenger side of the car and it was really uncomfortable trying to reach over there to grab the bag without a true handle. I had to grab the shoulder strap and haul it up like that. And then as I finally got ahold of the bag and went to get out of the car, the bag shifted and dumped my keys and cell phone onto the garage floor. Definitely annoying.
These things won't keep me from using the bags but they are things I will be aware of the next time I use it. Bottom line is that it will keep your computer protected (provided it fits into the compartment), but it isn't very roomy or well-thought out.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
While I can fit my netbook in this bag, as well as numerous accessories, my 12.2" Samsung Galaxy Note Pro tablet will also fit, but I can't zip the bag shut. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Brad Zimmerman
Small and practical for an inexpensive laptop bag. Its light weight without sacrificing build quality which I really like, the material on the outside sort of scratches easy but... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Savirc
The plastic rings which connect the end of the shoulder strap to the bag are triangular in shape and cause the end to warp. Also they are not swivel. Read morePublished 7 months ago by M. N. Yousuf
I got this bag before 2 years still in a same condition I mean very neat and newPublished 8 months ago by v.yuvarekha