Targus Vuscape Case and Stand for iPad 3 and iPad 4th Generation, Charcoal Gray (THZ15702US)
Color Name: Charcoal GrayChange
Price:$6.93 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on March 17, 2012
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
This case fits the new iPad very well and is very well constructed, but the wake / sleep function which is listed as a feature does not work. There is a magnet in the cover but it appears to be either in the wrong location or facing the wrong direction. I would have given this case 3 stars despite the fact that this feature doesn't work if it hadn't been for tatgus' poor customer service. I contacted them about my problem with the case and was told that they were aware of it and would contact me when they had a resolution. Or, I could just return the case. I have not received any follow up emails from targus. Seems to me that if you are aware of a problem with a product you would at least contact a customer and let them know that they haven't just been ignored. I will be returning this case.

Update:
Targus has responded to my service request and informed me that they will be sending me an updated case in a few weeks. Hopefully the new case will work as advertised.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Color Name: CalypsoVerified Purchase
I got this case because I wanted a slim but protective case for my new generation iPad. This case fits easily in my purse without adding too much bulk. I also wanted one that has a cover over the screen. I ordered the pink color called Callypso, but it looks more like coral. It's pretty but I was expecting it to look more pink to match my pink Targis stylus. As for fit, I saw other people saying it did not fit the new iPad, but I found it to fit fine, and the magnetic "sleep" feature also works well. There is a trick to putting it on though, you bend the case at the crease and slide the iPad into the four right- side prongs, then straighten the case and snap the two left corners onto the two left corners do the iPad. It's simple, but if you just try to force it in, you would be disappointed. I recommend this case for anyone who wants a lighter but still protective ( of both front and back), of iPad to carry in your purse. P.S., you can access the camera while the cover is on, another good feature. :)
on March 30, 2012
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I love Targus products but am sorely disappointed with this case. I too am having issues with the magnets and after one day of use the stitching is fraying. I'm glad to hear that Targus is standing by the product and issuing replacements. I'll be calling them tomorrow.
on September 6, 2012
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I did a lot of research before purchasing this iPad Case. My conclusion was that there is no such think as the perfect case for all things you may want to do with your iPad. Here is a list of what you might want a case, and how this case stacks up to meeting that need:

PROTECT YOUR IPAD FROM DROPS: This case will not provide much protection from drops. It "might" help a little, but if you want a heavy duty protector, you need to look elsewhere. This would not be a good case for those with young children who want to use their iPad. The corners are "protected" but again, I would not put any money on my iPad NOT breaking if it was dropped on a corner.

PROTECT YOUR IPAD FROM SCRATCHES: This case is perfect for protecting the glass from scratches. Once the top is closed, nothing can scratch it.

NOT ADDING BULK OR WEIGHT: This case really meets this need. It is lightweight and doesn't add much bulk (width) or weight. I like this case a lot because it fits in my larger purse easiliy in the center part, and allows me to take where ever I go. If you are looking for a light weight case, this one is it.

ATTRACTIVENESS: I love how this case looks. Very chic and professional. The black leather is very attractive. I like how they cut the circle out of the back so you can still see the Apple icon on the back, which is why you bought such an expensive piece of equipment, right?

ABILITY TO PROP UP TO WATCH MOVIES: Their unique prop design is very slick and works like a charm. I thought at first that disconnecting the iPad from the case on the bottom two "connectors" again and again would loosen it's grasp and eventually the case would be loose. It has been a month of constant use, and I cannot perceive any difference in the tightness of the connection. Plus, when you disconnect the two bottom edges, the other part of the case still stays firmly attached, which is very important. This functionality, and how nicely it works, is probably my most favority feature.

ABILITY TO STILL TAKE PICTURES WITH CASE ON: I was surprised, but it is not hard to take pics with this case on, which is great for when you want to whip that thing out and take a quick picture. I actually feel that I have more of a handle on holding the iPad with this case...I just let the top drop down, and use that as a sort of a handle to hold it straight while taking the pic. This works great.

ALLOWING AUTO TURNING OFF AND KEEPING IPAD TURNED OFF: This is why I gave it one less star. This functionality is hit and miss. They claim that when you close the top cover, the magnet inside will auto turn off the screen. At first, I notice when peeking in my purse that this was not true. The case has to be really close TIGHTLY to ensure the off works, and in the movement or sometimes just sitting on the counter, the darn thing will turn back on. This cause my battery to drain a few times more quickly before I have trained myself to just hit the turn off button on the top before I close it. They really need to fix this or not offer this at all.

ABILITY TO STORE SCRIBE PEN: On the front cover, there is a nicely placed elastic piece of fabric that allows a scribe pen to be slipped in to hold it. This is a very hand feature to have-- more than I thought it would be. SUGGESTION: Search here on Amazon for the pens, and you will find the three pens for less than 2 dollars. This is a steal, and they are great to have for some games and options on your iPad. I use it more than I thought I would.

BOTTOM LINE: Great light weight case with a great prop feature. Not designed for protection from drops. Do not rely on the auto off feature.
on March 24, 2012
Color Name: Black
We bought two of these last Sunday (one week ago) from Best Buy for our new iPads. While we like the case overall, there are some issues.

The stitching on these is terrible. On one of the two cases, the stitching has already started unravelling and has about 4 inches loose. The other case looks like it will start to unravel at any moment. I took the one case back today and looked at a dozen in the store and they all show the same problem with poor stitching in the bottom left hand corner of the front.

To further compound the problem, on the dozen that I looked at only 5 would turn the iPad on/off via the magnet. While this is a known issue, it is surprising that they are still selling them this way.

I was going to upgrade to the Slim Case for $10 more but none of these would auto turn on/off. While this is not really a big deal (how hard is it to press a button?) it is the principal that caused me to just get a refund.

The lack of quality from Targus is really surprising, but I will be looking for something else for our new iPads.
on May 22, 2012
Color Name: CalypsoVerified Purchase
The color is vibrant, and the magnets work perfectly. I have begun to notice that the thread is starting to come out, I have had to trim them with scissors on occasion. I am thinking about contacting the company directly, I haven't even had this three months yet.
on March 29, 2012
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
The case is nice, soft leather like feel. The Ipad3 fits fine and goes into suspend mode with no problems. I just got this case in today, so maybe this is a new batch that fixed the suspend mode problem. The box says Ipad3 on the front. The Stylus holder is not very obtrusive. Main reason I got this over the slim was where the stylus holder is positioned, where the slim version seems obtrusive to me on the bottom of the case.

Main issues...
The Ipad3 is held in by three clipping points on the top and three on the bottom. The Ipad can be angled in a horizontal position. The issue I have is you need to unclip the Ipad on two corner clips closest to the hinge fold of the case. These edge clips are on way too tight and rub hard when unlatching or latching. This could mean the clips starting to wear on two corners of the ipad due to clipping unclipping those two corners if you often use the angle option. The good part to this though is the clips are covered in leather so the Ipad won't be rubbing on plastic or something hard, but still something to be careful with as the when unclipping the case can snap back against the ipad if not being extra careful.

The clip that locks the case closed will rub the side as well.

Also, the stitching has some points that aren't straight or have some thread coming out. Very slight, but noticable if you look for that.

The clips may wear in better later after being mounted for a while. If that is a concern consider the slim case.

Targus will send me another case in about 2 months. I ordered a different case to try.
on March 23, 2012
Color Name: Black
I purchased this because it was available, got good reviews & was designated for the new iPad (3). But I just don't like it. The stitching looks cheap. The typing position is unstable at best. The design isn't so great. You have to pop it out of 2 of the corner holders to stand it in any position. It seems like the corners & closure will get loose in time, but for now they sort of viciously rub against the iPad when you shut it completely or pop the corners off to stand it. It seems protective enough for this style of case I guess & the sleep/wake function works for me & the stylus loop is nice. I guess it's just me judging by the high-star reviews, but sadly I'll be looking for a different one as soon as possible.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 17, 2012
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I purchased this black Vuscape cover a few months ago and it worked out great so far. The Sleep/Wake function works fine on mine so it seems like Targus responded to customer complaints and improved their product. I like the different stand positions you can use the iPad. It even feels nice when you fold it flat and hold in your hands.

The cover material feels nice, even though it is not real leather. It's easy to clean if needed and protects all sides of the iPad nicely. Unlike earlier reviews from others, stitching is holding up just fine on mine. It's very easy to slide the iPad into the cover and is held in place firmly. I don't take it out very often though. I like the hole in the back so you can see the Apple logo, sure gives it a nice touch.

It's great quality for the price and I would definitely buy one of these again. I did quite a bit of research for an iPad cover and this one fits my needs perfectly.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Color Name: Bone/WhiteVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This cover is great but I'm not too fond of the color but I rather protection then outlook any day. Plus it has a good balance between style and function. It's a very fine texture and weave. Aside from this case looking good and feeling good. The padding is thin and lightweight, but enough to give some protection and enough grip to keep the iPad from sliding all over the place. Plus it feels nice when held, doesn't add much weight or bulk to the iPad and provides functionality not typically found in a lighter form-factor case.
The simple stand configuration provides three angles and works great for a variety of locations, desk or lap. Highly recommended.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations