Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on May 27, 2012
I purchased this cover about 3 months ago from a big box store.
This Kindle Fire cover is well made. It has tight stitching all around in a contrasting ecru color. The front portion is lightly padded and provides good screen protection. The inside of the front cover is covered in a very soft light grey material. The back is firm and lightly textured so that it doesn't feel like it will slip out of my hand when I carry it. The Fire is held in the cover by curved corners that do not interfer with the screen view or touch. The cover is held closed in the same fashion.

To use the stand I open the cover and pull the two corners closest to the spine out of the corners and then the fire stands in landscape mode. I usually do this if I'm in a resturant and want to read at the table. It works well. The Kindle can be set at two different angles. Both of which work well for me.

Pro's:
*Well made, sturdy and durable.
*Stand up function works well
*Soft lether feel (doesn not feel like a plastic)
*All buttons and ports easily used while in case

Cons:
*I can only find it in black
on April 19, 2012
Tried several other cases in this price range (under $40) and this is by far the best. It has three stable angles for viewing and the front folds flat to the back when you are reading like holding a book. Looks and feels very rich. Very satisfied.
on October 10, 2013
I found this at Big Lots as I was looking for a case/stand for my Google Nexus 7 which is almost identical in size to the original Kindle Fire and it fits perfectly. Just another idea for anyone that needs a good case for their Nexus. Targus makes great products!
on August 14, 2013
I was surprised at the quality for this case. My son informed me I had made a good choice. He is familiar with Targus Products and knows their quality. It is perfect and protects my Kindle Fire well and fits securely. It has never gotten in the way of using my Kindle. The only thing I would improve is to have a place where I could clip a stylus for storage.
on June 21, 2013
This is the third case I have bought for my kindle fire. I was happy with my last one, (a Roocase) but my husband purchased this Targus case for himself & I liked it so much that I had to get one for myself. The price was a bit steep for just a case, so I purchased one that was marked used-like new. For $6.68 + free shipping it was a great deal! The stand feature of this case is excellent, and the clips that hold the kindle in are good quality & don't seem lke they will break or crack. I love the way my kindle is held in, the case doesn't block any of the features the way my last one did, my Roocase made it difficult to swipe down from the top & access the menu. Roocase also had a wimpy stand feature, that started out good but softened in just a few months time. The Targus case has a hard shell, but has a leather(?) covering that is soft to the touch and looks great. No funky smell on this one! Perhaps a new one would have the chemical smell, but this one was perfect. The only feature this case is lacking (for me) is a stylus holder. If you want to try this case out, go for the used-like new one. It was in great shape, looks brand new., and shipped fast. I recommend this one over the Roocase! Fits the Kindle Fire (not HD).
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2014
This is the best tablet case I have seen. It holds the tablet but allows you to reach all the buttons. It's thick enough to really protect the tablet also.
on March 7, 2013
This cover is great, easy to put the Kindle in and very light-weight. It also props up the Kindle so you can read it at any angle.
on March 15, 2013
Just what I wanted, works great. Protects well and is convenient to use. Love the different reading positions it allows.
on March 14, 2013
It fit the kindle fire perfectly, and looks great. It protects the kindle fire nicely and it firs perfectly in my hands.
on June 21, 2014
Well worth the reasonable price and very satisfied with this high quality product!

This case works so well I bought a 2nd one. If you're worried about the "tabs" that hold it in, don't. They work very well and have not loosened after years of use on my first one. Everything is tight and the corners are really well protected - all the while giving you full access to the button, speakers, and charging port. You can even use this as a stand, which I find very handy. Just pop the bottom out and put it in one of the case grooves. I use this stand feature almost every time I use the Kindle to tilt the display at a couple different angles for hands free viewing. When reading the cover folds all the way back around making it easy to hold with one hand and the lining feels soft on your hand / fingers.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse