Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 20, 2010 10:06:59 AM PST
Fafner says:
This hasn't been updated on the product page yet, but Square Enix has announced that pre-ordering through Amazon.com will get you a partial deck of tarot cards as a bonus item. Very nice.

Posted on Nov 21, 2010 2:15:32 PM PST
Gamemaster64 says:
Partial? Why not the whole thing or do I need to pre order it somewhere else to get the whole set?

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 10:22:00 AM PST
B. Whelan says:
I believe there will be a total of 22 individual cards packaged inside preorder games only. I have not heard anything about it being a "partial" deck, though. I'm sure the details will be clearer as we inch closer to the title's release date.

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 12:13:24 PM PST
SC says:
A full tarot deck has 78 cards. If there are 22 in the pre-order deck, then it probably only includes the 22 major arcana cards (e.g. death, fool, lovers, magician, etc), and not the minor arcana (e.g. five of cups, six of cups, etc)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2010 10:54:32 AM PST
anprdp says:
Character generation at the begining of the game, uses a series of questions and tarot cards to determine your class. They are in fact the major arcana cards. Gamestop has a picture of the cards on their website.

Posted on Dec 15, 2010 2:24:16 PM PST
P. Smith says:
What SC said. Its only the major arcana.

Posted on Jan 2, 2011 11:07:43 PM PST
Morgan says:
Is anyone only interested in the game? I only want the deck of cards but I'm not very interested in the game... :/

Posted on Jan 3, 2011 9:09:23 AM PST
Saintwill75 says:
I am only after the game played through it a bunch and can't wait to see the new content its gonna be a great game.

Posted on Jan 6, 2011 6:05:31 PM PST
moogle11 says:
Awesome, already pre-ordered, cannot wait !

Posted on Jan 29, 2011 11:47:26 AM PST
Kevin Gillum says:
It's the tarot cards that you could acquire from the original ogre battle game. It's been a running theme in all of them.

Posted on Jan 31, 2011 4:25:11 PM PST
Xeokym says:
The tarot bonus is on the pre-order page now, and yes, it's only the Major Arcana section of what should be 78 cards in a full tarot deck. It's not "incomplete" in that there are other cards you can get to complete a full tarot deck, it's just that they didn't make all 78 cards. That would be rather tedious, actually...the six of wands...seven of wands...eight of wands...the three of pentacles...four of pentacles...etc. etc. Anyway, I can't wait to get both the game AND the tarot deck, I've always wanted an Ogre Battle tarot for real, just like the cards in the game!!

"Is anyone only interested in the game? I only want the deck of cards but I'm not very interested in the game... :/ "

That's really odd that you would want only the tarot & not the game - there are ZILLIONS of real tarot decks you can buy, with every theme imaginable. Why would you not just buy yourself a nice, FULL tarot deck, than try to get the OG/TO version, especially since the game means nothing to you?? Any fan of the game is going to want to keep the bonus tarot, anyway. Maybe if you're desperate you can hope to buy one off ebay at some ridiculous, majorly-jacked-up price after the game comes out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2011 5:03:37 PM PST
Morgan says:
Do you know how hard it is to find any merchandise that is by Akihiko Yoshida? I love the artist but I don't like the playstyle of this game so I only want the cards. I'm not really interested in any ol' tarot cards, I've had them before. I just enjoy Akihiko Yoshida's work but he has never released an art book or anything for his fans. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2011 7:57:27 AM PST
You could have pre-ordered the game with bonus deck, and tried to sell the game....

Posted on Feb 21, 2011 11:14:42 AM PST
Morgan says:
I didn't want to bother with trying to sell the game and end up losing money. :P

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 3:42:21 PM PST
moogle11 says:
You could hunt down game guides for this & Vagrant Story, along with FFXII, best bet for collecting his artwork outside of importing Japanese books.

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 4:09:16 PM PST
Xeokym says:
Well good luck getting it at this point...if you wanted the cards THAT badly, then you should have pre-ordered the game & then just sold the game. Because just trying to buy the cards alone, you'll likely have to spend almost as much, if not more, than the entire cost of the game in pre-order. LOL. Either way you were going to "lose money," except now you're going to likely lose more overpaying.

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 4:12:49 PM PST
Morgan says:
thanks for the info moogle11! I'll have to look into it. :)

and Xeokym- have you looked at ebay? There's tons of them starting at just $5. I wouldn't really call it losing if I only paid $15-20 for the deck. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2011 6:58:44 PM PST
Fafner says:
bids start at $5, but you'll end up paying more for them by the time the auction ends.

Xeokym is right about overpaying - these cards are neat, but they aren't worth $15-$20.

And honestly, I've seen more auctions end with the winning bid paying $30+. Heck, I even laughed at one listing in which someone payed $75. It's insane.

That said, I would acquire a one of these tarot card decks post haste, because they will only become more rare as time goes on.

Posted on Feb 23, 2011 2:43:52 PM PST
I sold my Tarot Cards on Ebay with free shipping for $25. I basically paid less than $20 for this amazing game! That made me very happy.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2011 6:19:14 AM PST
Geomancer says:
I did the same Mark, but got $28 out of my cards. I could care less about pre-order bonuses, but apparently other people really like them. I'm not going to complain, it let me get the game for ~$20 after shipping + fees brand spanking new, and on release day.

I also sold the playing cards I got with Hyperdimension Neptunia for $48, so got that game for about the same price.

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 6:37:58 PM PDT
d-backfever says:
I got this game when it was the Deal of the Day, didn't preorder it. It came today and still the tarot card bonus. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Nov 20, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 24, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - Sony PSP
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - Sony PSP by Square Enix (Sony PSP)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (82)