5.0 out of 5 stars My new waterproof go-to
Published 10 months ago by Joanne Kurnik

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the mascara - HATE the brush
Published on November 22, 2011 by laxrose

5.0 out of 5 stars My new waterproof go-to, August 19, 2013
This review is from: Tarte Cosmetics Lights Camera Splashes 4-in-1 Waterproof Natural Mascara 0.24 fl oz. (Health and Beauty)
I recently switched to Tarte mascara from L'Oreal when I discovered it had much safer ingredients. If I need a waterproof mascara, this is the one I choose now. Great color and lash definition, and it stays put. Often though, I use the non-waterproof Tarte Amazoniam clay version (my fav!) for my upper lashes, and this one for my lower lashes if I have an event to go to. (I still prefer being able to remove mascara easily before I go to bed, but this is an ok compromise). Try it, your eyes will thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars My FAV, March 20, 2013
I love this mascara! I usually use the smaller trial size tho bc I like the smaller brush. It coats the lashes better. I buy the big one and dip my smaller lash applicators into the full size. This mascara lengthens, thickens and is the most black in color I have found. Love it! Totally waterproof, so much so I have a hard time washing it off! But I'll take that rather then it running down my face giving me raccoon eyes!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the mascara - HATE the brush, November 22, 2011
I really like the waterproof functionality and the natural look to this mascara, but unless you scrape the brush against the opening of the tube to reduce the amount of mascara on the brush you will have a big mess on your hands. It smudges and clumps and gets all over your eyes unless you do this. I do not have this experience with any other mascara so I don't really understand it.

Tarte, please make this with an improved brush. Will not purchase again.

1.0 out of 5 stars No longer Cruelty free, May 27, 2014
Loved Tarte--this is the greatest mascara ever. But they recently were bought out by KOSE-a NON-cruelty free company. Pretty disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Once it dries, it stays, January 8, 2014
This is my favorite all natural waterproof mascara so far. I've tried a few others and they flake, but Tarte Lights Camera Splashes works great and goes on smooth and stays. It takes several minutes to dry after you apply it. That was a huge adjustment for me because I am used to mascara that dries quickly. The first few times when I applied the mascara to my top lashes, then looked upward to make it easier to apply my bottom lashes, the mascara would end up on my eye lid. You really have to let it sit several minutes and dry before your eyelashes touch anything because you will get mascara on your skin or your clothing. You mascara connoisseur's out there are probably already familiar with this, but I wasn't so I thought I would share my experience.

Once this mascara dries it is on there, and I mean really on there. It isn't going anywhere. I took a hot shower for 15 minutes and even rubbed my face (gently) several times - no smudging mascara. The mascara was totally intact! I was really amazed. This mascara is not coming off unless you use some kind of makeup remover. Personally I like to go the all natural route. I use a mixture of grapeseed oil and castor oil to wash my face every day, this also works great as a makeup remover too. I rub the oil mixture on my eyes using my hands for 20 seconds and wipe off with a towel. Sometimes I have to do it twice to really get all of the mascara off.

I really recommend this mascara. Just make sure you make the time and effort to apply it correctly and let it dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mascara I have ever had, February 25, 2013
Maria Ferro "lupe" (Colombia, South America) - See all my reviews
I have small lashes and need to use waterproof because I live in a very humid tropical place. After trying Clinique, and MAC, which are very good, this Tarte mascara is one of a kind. My lashes look fuller, longer, and it really lasts all day. Only be careful when you apply it cause the product will smudge easily until it dries completely. Will keep on using this hope it doesnt ever get discontinued, top of tops 11/10.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, March 27, 2014
I love Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes so I thought I'd also love the waterproof version. Unfortunately, I do not. It does not give the length or fullness that I was expecting. I still use it and just put a layer of a volumizing mascara over it. I will not be buying it again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed with the brush, January 23, 2014
I use this alongside another mascara as I find the brush doesn't give me enough definition. A little disappointing especially considering the price;

4.0 out of 5 stars Liked this one, November 25, 2013
I like this mascara and even after a couple of months it still goes on pretty well. Definitely lengthens lashes even more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best All Natural Waterproof Mascara, November 15, 2013
Favorite waterproof black mascara! All natural ingredients (my top priority), no smudges throughout the day and truly waterproof! Have worn throughout the summer and in a pool with no problems.

Rate and Discover Movies