Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

on November 23, 2014
This movie has been a favorite of mine since its initial release. I saw it in the theaters and was blown away by the sheer beauty of the locales and Mr. Collins' music. I went to see it twice and then eagerly anticipated the VHS in February 2000, trust me, it seemed like forever!
Anyway, I skipped the DVD from the 2000's and was very happy to grab this Blu-ray edition. The movie is of-course a first rate Disney classic with state of the art technology, catchy music and the obligatory sidekicks and gags. This being a regular release, as opposed to the Diamond Editions, it lacks in bonus features and will not resume playing from where you'd left off which is a pity as I had gotten used to it already. Why does Disney do that?

Anyway, the picture quality alone is worth your purchase, And of course it doesn't hurt that it's a great film.
on February 15, 2015
I love this movie! It works wonderfully and I am completely satisfied with this purchase! I am so happy I bought this!
on August 9, 2013
I didn't watch it, she did. I asked her how many stars she would like to give and she replied "4". So there ya go.
on October 1, 2000
My wife and I originally bought this DVD for our 2 year old son. Our son must watch this movie every night before he goes to bed. We must have seen this movie AT LEAST 50 times since buying it 2 months ago--Believe me-this movie is thouroghly entertaining even after seeing it so much. The animation is outstanding in every detail- the detail itself (shadowing, background movement,ect.) sets a new standard in itself!!! The voices of Minnie Driver, Glenn Close, Rosie O'Donnell and Lance Hendrickson are perfect to the character's personalities. Any soundtrack that is done by Phil Collins is incredible- there is no exception here in Tarzan. Aside from the great technical aspects and flawless production, Tarzan also deals with such social issues as racism and acceptance. This movie can be enjoyed by anyone!! See it 50 times-we did!!!
on November 5, 2014
Oh yes yes yes, yeah yeah yeah . You won't believe the COLOUR. It is HD AND SO BRIGHT AND VIVID. This one, like FROZEN, are wonderful, In fact ALL , AND I DO MEAN ALL , DISNEY MOVIES,( and I have a lot on Dvd) are done with DETAIL AND HIGH QUALITY. You won;t be disappointed in any of the. SLEEPING BEAUTY, FROZEN, TARZAN, FOX AND THE HOUND, NARIA, ANY OF THEM. I am still waiting to get : Lion King, One, and Beauty and the Beast. They will round out my collection. But TARZAN, LIKE FROZEN, AND BEAUTY AND THE BEAST AND SLEEPING BEAUTY, ARE MY FAVE DISNEY MOVIES. I love them. And this one is ONE OF THE BEST. The COLOUR AND CLARITY in Disney movies are UNBELIEVABLE. YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT. THEY ARE THE BEST. So if you love Disney and love this movie, then all by all means, BUY IT, AND THE PRICE IS GREAT. Annie
on June 15, 2006
The actual DVD sucks. The menu is unimpressive and for some reason, there is like 10 minutes of advertising from Disney. The extras are boring too. I don't want to see a Phil Collins music video! I like the movie. It is funny and visually beautiful. The start is sad, but not as sad as Finding Nemo (a movie that I adore to no end!) As a Disney movie, it is a bit grown up for kids as there are guns and deaths. But hey, I know people who let children watch worse stuff than that, so I'm not complaining. In the end, the movie is watchable, but the DVD blows and isn't wirth the money. By the way, I'm not saying that Tarzan isn't good. Amazon tells us to review the PRODUCT as well as the movie. The movie gets a four from me and the DVD gets a minus ten.
on April 1, 2012
I loved how Tarzan was shown in animation as "You'll Be in My Heart" won an Oscar, there is a gender-confused gorilla who is Tarzan's best friend named Terk (Rosie O'Donnell) and a neurotic elephant who is his other best friend named Tantor (Wayne Knight) and most importantly, three humans, Jane Porter (Minnie Driver), Archimedes Q. Porter (Nigel Hawthorne) and Clayton (Brian Blessed) come to the jungle to study gorillas giving Tarzan a tough choice between the human world and the ape world. I think that the lesson above all of what Tarzan learns from the humans though is that some of them are not to be trusted. Perfect example, Clayton who attempts to kidnap Tarzan's whole ape family and kills Kerchak in the process! Overall, I highly recommend this movie to Disney Fans all over the world!
on February 5, 2000
Had to add my review to help balance out those reviews from the audio critical. First of all, I have surround sound theatre set up in my home, and the sound is beautiful. Perfect? Who knows and who cares. If its audio you're looking for, buy the soundtrack. If its wonderful family enterainment you're looking for, then buy the DVD for lasting quality. This is a movie with a story, a moral, great music and outstanding animation and color. There are no slow parts in this movie. This is the best Disney movie I have seen in a long time.(Lion King II is my second all time favorite.) My 3 year old son, my husband and I have and will continue to watch and enjoy this movie over and over. I am 100% satisfied.
on November 18, 2000
If you're like me, then you love animation! One of the enjoyable parts of the Disney Collector's series of DVDs, is that they give you an opportunity to look behind the scenes and see how these animated features are made.
One of the most interesting aspects of this particular DVD is watching the original Story Treatment and comparing it to the final version. Disney even gives the veiwers an opportunity to see the scenes that did not make the final feature.
A highlight for any animation enthusiast will be the Production Progression Demonstration that allows viewers to move through the various stages of production to the final feature.
A must have for collectors!
on May 3, 2000
This movie is incredable. This movie is not just for children, it is entertaining to people of all ages. The story is wonderful, the characters are wonderful, and the animation is a superb work of art. This is Disney at it's best, right up there with their best work. There is some mild violence in the movie, which may scare younger children, but it is mild, and the movie is wonderful.
As for the DVD, it is simply the best I've seen. It is 2 discs, so if you are a fan of the movie, or just an animation buff in general, you will spend hours upon hours uncovering all the features this DVD has to offer.
Excellent Movie + Excellent DVD. Most Highly reccomended!