Tascam M-164 16-Channel Analog Mixer (Standard Mixer)
An affordable mixer for live bands, home recording or installation, the 16-channel Tascam M-164 features 6 mic inputs with XLR ins and phantom power for great-sounding tracks and a striking design with built-in meter bridge. Mic inputs additionally have 3-band EQ with hipass filters for sculpting the mix. Five stereo line inputs bring the total count to 16 inputs, and several channels add EQ and RIAA phono preamps for adding flexibility. It also offers two output buses--main and sub--as well as a pair of AUX sends for monitors and effects.
Two additional versions of the M-164 are available:
- The M-164FX adds a stereo effects processor with 16 presets for reverb, delay, chorus and other effects
- The M-164UF includes the stereo effects processor and adds a USB 2.0 port providing 16 outputs to computer and stereo return from computer at 96kHz / 24-bit (and includes Cubase LE4 48-track recording workstation software)
- Audio mixer with 16 inputs, 4 output buses, and 2 AUX sends
- All input channels have faders and the stereo (ST) and SUB buses have output faders
- Meter bridge allows observation of input and monitor levels
- Channels 1-6 mic line input channels with both XLR mic input connectors with +48V phantom power, standard jacks for line inputs, and a full set of mixer functions (TRIM, HPF, 3-band EQ, 2 AUX sends, PAN, fader, bus assign switch).
- Channels 7-10 stereo line input channels with numerous mixer functions (2-band EQ, 2 AUX sends, PAN, fader, and bus assign switch)
- Channels 9 through 10 include a PHONO input preamp, allowing direct connection to a turntable.
- Channels 11-12, 13-14, and 15-16 pairs of stereo line input channels with faders and bus assign switches feature adjustable levels and sub-input capabilities.
- SUB and main stereo (ST) output buses each have dedicated faders, allowing independent adjustment of output levels (1/4-inch outputs).
- Channels 1-10 AUX sends can be used to send input signals to the internal effects or monitoring outputs.
- Stereo and mono output jacks for both stereo and SUB bus outputs (1/4-inch outputs).
- Headphone monitoring of stereo, SUB or AUX 1 bus capabilities.
What's in the Box
16-channel mixer, AC adapter