4.0 out of 5 stars Missing information
Published 17 months ago by z3

3.0 out of 5 stars 1/2 what??? Where is the editing???
While flipping through the Kindle edition I noticed that some of the recipes are missing ingredients. Hmmm, 1/2 . 1/2 what? cup, TBS, tsp, water, butter, milk. Glad I only paid $0.00.
Published 17 months ago by Stephanie

4.0 out of 5 stars Missing information, March 15, 2013
This review is from: Taste of Home Fast Fixes with Mixes New Edition: 314 Delicious No-Fuss Recipes (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book this morning. There are many yummy looking recipes. However, there are some fast fixes that should have been applied to the cookbook itself. What I mean by this is there are many recipes that will state 1/2 or 1/3 or whatever form of measurement is needed, however, it is missing a 1/2 of what? Is it a half teaspoon or a half of a cup, and exactly what ingredient is being called for? This information is missing, and coming from a test kitchen that specializes in cooking and baking this should have been caught before the book was published. If it weren't for these glaring mistakes I would have given the book five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Missing Info?, March 18, 2013
The review about missing info had me a little leary but curious about purchasing this cookbook for my Kindle. What I have discovered is that it isn't really missing...for example, when the recipe called for 1 1/2 cups of something it makes the 1/2 fall down to the next line then making it appear that it was asking for a 1/2 of "something". Turn the kindle length wise and it appears correctly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, September 27, 2012
Just purchased this book and I highly recommend it. I do not own previous editions of this book so I can not comment on the "newness" of the recipes as one previous review mentioned, but I believe this book will be one of my go-to cookbooks for those times when I need something quick. The recipes are quick, easy, and very tastey while containing readily available ingredients. The book also contains cooking tips that have educated me and I consider myself to be an experienced cook. I plan to buy more for Christmas presents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative food ideas using food mixes, March 13, 2013
There is a wide range of recipes using prepared food mixes to help speed up preparation and cooking time. The Taste of Home Fast Fixes with Mixes (New Edition) has recipes ranging from appetizers to desserts. Some of the recipes you will find in this cookbook include:

Bear's Picnic Veggie Dip
Creamy Vanilla Coffee
Kool-Aid Floats
Gumdrop Bread
Lemon Berry Cake

There is an interactive table of contents makes navigation easy.

Recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars 1/2 what??? Where is the editing???, March 18, 2013
Stephanie (Corralitos, US, Canada) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, September 18, 2012
Buyer beware - 'New Edition' does not mean 'new recipes'. I own the old Fast Fixes with Mixes and the More Fast Fixes with Mixes, and I'm seeing some familiar recipes in this new edition.

I rated it a 3 because I am finding a few new recipes - or else I just don't remember them from the old cookboosk. :-)

It's disappointing - surely with their wealth of resources they could have come up with something entirely new? I was so excited to dig in to another set of FFM, and to see many of the same recipes takes the fun out of it. :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Aid to Quick Homemade Meals, May 19, 2013
If you are a working parent, this book can be a great help to make at-home meals a reality. While many of the recipes are ones you might like, just being introduced to this kind of cooking will spark your own imagination to create your family's favorites with shortcuts. Even with purchased mixes (and there are lots of sources for make-your-own online), these recipes will cut your food bill way down if you've been relying on restaurants or fast-food chains to feed your family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great when you want something special and you want it fast., May 6, 2013
Bella's Other Mom (Northern California) - See all my reviews
Great cookbook for when you want something special but you want it fast. Great for potlucks and family events.
I really liked how the chapters were set up as well. Easy to find what you are looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taste of Home, June 20, 2014
I used to get this magazine, I enjoy getting the recipes and making the dish. I would recommend this magazine to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taste of Home, June 20, 2014
All the recipes sounded so good that I wanted to try them all. I couldn't so decided just reading them would have to do for now.

Rate and Discover Movies