5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book
I originally bought this book as a gift for my aunt. Her recipe is the tomato casserole in it. After looking through it, I had to have one for myself. Not only are there absolutely delicious recipes in here, but the pictures are stunning as well.

It's not just a cookbook, this qualifies and an excellent "coffee table" book as well.
Published on March 15, 2009 by Timothy E. Craft

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Friend requested I purchase for her. I have no personal knowledge of product.
Published 4 months ago by "J"

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, March 15, 2009
Timothy E. Craft "Uncle Timmy" (Peoria, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Taste of Home:The New Potluck (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars For church dinners, family get-togethers, brunch with friends, your family, March 8, 2008
This review is from: Taste of Home:The New Potluck (Hardcover)
Any time I am required to take a dish for a potluck gathering, I call my mother for ideas. Now Taste of Home has given me a book full of eye-catching choices with their "The New Potluck." (I still have to call my mother.)

This glossy-coated, sturdy book repeats the picture on the cover with its dust jacket. As is my preference, there is a picture with every recipe. The layout on each page is simple and easy on the eye with lots of white space for writing notes (if you like to mark in your books). Did this recipe work for me? Was it fabulous or so-so? Did I double it? And so on.

Cookbook editors organize their books in various ways: by types of dishes, by types of meals, by gatherings. "A New Potluck" is arranged by topics, including Crowd-pleasing specialties, Slow cooker sensations, Fun finger foods, Dishes in a hurry, Breakfast buffets, One-dish wonders, and Festive Favorites.

Festive Favorites offers such fare as Easter Egg Bread, cooked with dyed eggs. Very fanciful! Or gorgeous Poinsettia Cookies or Daffodillies, refrigerated biscuit dough prepared to look like flowers with dilled cream cheese centers.

Dishes in a hurry contains Layered ham and spinach salad (I have always wanted this recipe), Italian meatball hoagies (yum), Shrimp appetizer spread (a full-page beauty), and a tomato-ey Southwestern Bean Soup.

In Crowd pleasing specialties, the recipe I most want to try is Ginger Iced Tea made with Ginger Ale. Others include Mango Nut Bread, Four Cheese Bow Ties (I am making this soon as it is my number one favorite choice in this book according to picture and ingredients), and Sunshine Chicken Wings (one of the best-looking wings recipes ever).

For the Breakfast Buffet there are all kinds of muffins and coffee cakes. What I look for is the real food: Sausage Hash Brown Bake, Cheesy Egg Puffs, Southwest Sausage Bake topped with sliced tomatoes, Ham and Cheese Strata, and French Toast Casserole.

The desserts are spread throughout the book. Here are a few for sweets lovers: Apple Cinnamon Turnovers, Blueberry Lattice Bars, Apple-Cherry Cobbler, Black Forest Crepes (yum), and Seven Fruit Salad.

The Oven Cheese Chowder looks wonderful. A quick and easy dish to prepare on a Friday night is the Taco Stovetop Supper. Or the Tomato Crouton Casserole. Or Nutty Broccoli Slaw, another fabulous salad one sees at Potlucks and doesn't know the recipe. Well, ha, now I do! How about Chive-Cheese Cornbread? And Spinach Phyllo Bundles?

When I first acquire a new cookbook, I sit down, look through every page and every recipe and mentally note what I want to try first. Then I go through again and carefully read the recipes, select a couple, and begin the process of preparing a new dish.

It's all potluck!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Good Ideas, May 14, 2009
This review is from: Taste of Home:The New Potluck (Hardcover)
Handy to have around for those special occasions when you want to bring something special

5.0 out of 5 stars Food to Share, May 23, 2014
JOANN TERRY (Lakeville, MN USA) - See all my reviews
Many easy and interesting dishes that would be loved at a potluck or for an extended family meal. Some recipes I liked included: lemon lady finger dessert, reuben spread, slow cooked short ribs, cherry bars, layered ham and spinach salad, lemon cheesecake squares, and strawberry rhubarb coffeecake. Directions are clear and most recipes use common grocery ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes!, November 18, 2010
This review is from: Taste of Home:The New Potluck (Hardcover)
Great recipes for any occasion, slow cooker options seem all enticing- I need a second slow cooker! Great photos and I haven't tried anything my whole family didn't enjoy. Definitely a favorite Taste of Home cookbook!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, March 18, 2010
This review is from: Taste of Home:The New Potluck (Hardcover)
I fell in love with this book after checking it out from our local library. It was great to find it on-line and at such a reasonable price. I couldn't be more pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Cookbook, December 16, 2013
This review is from: Taste of Home:The New Potluck (Hardcover)
Like all "Taste of Home" Cookbooks, this one is very practical and makes preparing dishes that travel well inviting. A few new recipes are included.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pot Luck Cookbook, November 8, 2011
This review is from: Taste of Home:The New Potluck (Hardcover)
This is a fairly comprehensive cookbook with many ideas for pot luck dishes in it. I enjoyed the many pictures of the recipes that were included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring a dish to share, August 20, 2013
This review is from: Taste of Home:The New Potluck (Hardcover)
My husband and I go to a lot of "bring a dish" dinners and I really like the recipes in this book. I have one for home and the trailer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 30, 2014
This review is from: Taste of Home:The New Potluck (Hardcover)
great cookbook, easy recipes and fast to make. Has all kinds of different recipes

Taste of Home:The New Potluck
Taste of Home:The New Potluck by Taste of Home Editors (Hardcover - June 1, 2006)
Used & New from: $0.01