4.0 out of 5 stars There's No Better Meal Than A Southern One!
Ever since I've watched Paula Deen on the Food Network, I must admit I've been very interested in Southern Cooking. This collection of recipes are very good. The author starts out with a welcome to Southern cooking and comments before recipes, which is very nice. There are pictures, and a table of contents.
I am a vegetarian, though. There are many recipes that I...
Published on May 20, 2012 by Denise Davis

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I bought this book for the promised records for North Carolina bbq, none were found. A waste of my money and yours too if you purchase.
Published 17 months ago by Cindy L Hargett

4.0 out of 5 stars There's No Better Meal Than A Southern One!, May 20, 2012
This review is from: A Taste of the South: The Best Recipes (Southern Cooking Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I am a vegetarian, though. There are many recipes that I cannot ever prepare, but there are some that I can, like the Pain Perdue-New Orleans Style French Toast, Mama's Melt In Your Mouth Biscuits, Southern Style Macaroni And Cheese, probably everyone's favorite-Candied Sweet Potatoes, Southern Deviled Eggs, Pecan Peach Cobbler, and a few more goodies. So, there's still plenty of recipes that I can enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great southern recipes right at the push of a button, May 22, 2012
My wife and I love southern cooking. There's just something about the combination of ingredients, flavors, and spices that all come together to make something completely wonderful. We're always on the lookout for new cookbooks for our kindle and this one happened to catch our eye. The price was right and the preview made me interested enough to make a purchase. Once we saw what other little treasures it had waiting inside, I knew we made a wise choice.

This book features some great southern favorites and its organized by meal type for quick and easy reference. From page one I knew we were in for a real treat. I absolutely love the assortment and range of classic recipes featured in this book. They hit all of the one we were looking for. Each recipe is presented with a full color photograph and wonderfully written instructions. They are so easy to follow and aren't intimidating or overbearing in the slightest.

We tried out three recipes in the course of a week but the one we kept coming back to time and time again was the macaroni and cheese. Our main reason for buying this book was finding a good mac and cheese recipe and this one does not disappoint. Other recipes require so many ingredients but this one gets the job done with ingredients you most likely already have in your cabinet. Another winner is the fried chicken. I thought it was going to be a real challenge but in reality, it couldn't have been easier. It's a great yet simple recipe that will yield incredible results.

You really can't go wrong with this handful of recipes. It's been crafted to make the art of southern cooking attainable by anyone and everyone. You and your will have a blast making these recipes and I'll be definitely coming back to this book time and time again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, August 12, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars good recipes, September 6, 2012
Amazon Customer (Florissant, Mo United States) - See all my reviews
I was pleased with this purchase. There are a lot of good recipes in this book.
Well worth the money.