5.0 out of 5 stars New Olde English Bulldog puppy
Published on April 30, 2012 by ScottinNazareth

1.0 out of 5 stars My Dog Wont Eat It!
When we got my Chocolate Lab at 6 weeks old she was being fed Purina at the breeders, so thats what we put her on. Well after two months the food in the bin was running low and time for replenishment. After doing a lot of research, and reading reviews from several sources I decided to purchase a 30ld bag of the puppy food.

When the UPS man dropped it off she...
Published 15 months ago by Matthew J. Miklasevich

5.0 out of 5 stars New Olde English Bulldog puppy, April 30, 2012
This review is from: Taste of the Wild Grain-Free High Prairie Dry Dog Food for Puppy, 30-Pound Bag (Misc.)
Wanted a high quality food for our new puppy and this is it. She loves the taste and is growing like a weed. Just 2.5 cups a day (half morning and evening) and she's good to go. Switched to it easily from food breeder provided. Blended 50/50 for 5 days and she had no issues. Stool was a bit loose for a day or so, but it was an easy switch. Liked it so much, we've put or 14 yr old Aussie on their adult food. Will be buying this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality For a Great Price!!!, March 28, 2012
Great quality food. I feed it to my 9 month old English Mastiff. This is one of the best dog foods on the market for large breeds. There aren't any nasty fillers in this food. All natural stuff, lots of healthy proteins and probiotics. I was using Nuturo and paying the same price at PetXX, and Nuturo doesn't hold a candle to TOTW. This is a premium dog food for a very reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my Olde English Bulldogge puppy, May 22, 2014
I had my 4 month old puppy on the Blue Buffalo puppy food for the first month I had her, but it was giving her pretty consistent and frequent diarrhea (I think this may have to do with the chicken in it). I switched her to Taste of the Wild almost 4 weeks ago and she has been doing so much better! She's healthy, her coat is nice, and she loves eating it. She poops waaay less than she used to and it is always solid. If she continues to do well on this food I plan on transitioning her to the adult version.

As a note, when switching from the blue buffalo I mixed the food 50/50 for 2 days and then 70/30 for the next 3 before being fully on TOTW. My puppy transitioned very quickly, which was surprising given her previous tummy troubles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my puppy!, February 27, 2013
My puppy was so skinny and sick when I got him from the shelter.he was obviously not processing the grains in his food. His growth seemed stunted and he was itchy and flakey all over. Switched him to this immediately & he is getting huge. No more itching and barely any skin flaking. I am so thankful for this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars We switched from Fromm's premium, and Pup likes this better, May 15, 2014
We liked Fromm's because of the quality ingredients and no corn/grains but it used to make him fart something awful all of the time. This puppy food isn't like that at all, and he always finished the bowl and he did not with the Fromm's. He seems to have tons of energy and really is gaining weight as he grows but it's all lean muscle and not fatty tissue. Really happy with this purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Boxer pup loves it!, April 2, 2013
My dog has grain allergies. He's a boxer and that's pretty common for his breed. He loves this food! His coat looks great and he is a very healthy size and shape. He's been eating this from when we got him, around 10 weeks, and is now over 10 months. When it's time to switch off the puppy food we'll probably still stick with Taste of the Wild!

5.0 out of 5 stars Do Your Research - This Stuff is So Good For Your Dog!, September 6, 2013
Please do your dog a favor and do your research! You are probably doing it now is why you are looking at this product :)

Our society is becoming more aware of ingredient labels and considering what we are putting into our bodies. Why shouldn't we give the same consideration to our pets' food?

When we first got our puppy, we had her on the same food the breeder did while we did research and found this one. It was Purina Puppy Chow. She always seemed like she could take it or leave it. She was glad to eat, but was never excited about her food. When we got her this stuff, she got excited as soon as she smelled it! Food time became an exciting time for her. She couldn't wait for her next meal and would beg for the stuff (she knew where it was) when she was hungry. She had NEVER begged for her food previously. So this stuff is definitely puppy approved! :)

If you do your research into what makes a good dog food, you will see that so many of them are loaded with CORN CORN AND MORE CORN. No joke, I was astounded when I read the Purina Puppy Chow label at the amount of fake junk in there.

If you do the math, this stuff isn't that much more per pound than what you would buy in the store, yet it is vastly superior!

An analogy: Purina Puppy Chow (and all the other common go-to choices) are like feeding your dog hotdogs for the rest of its life (yeah technically it's got some meat in it, but it is mostly filler). Instead, you could go with this stuff and feed your dog steak and potatoes (this stuff!).

5.0 out of 5 stars The best we've found, April 16, 2012
Ross (Louisville, KY) - See all my reviews
My wife and I switched our puppy to Taste of the Wild after trying numerous other dog foods. Our puppy had a lot of issues with loose stool and other things early on in his life but Taste of the Wild fixed all of that. Our dog seems less hungry, more healthy, and has consistently firm stool since we made the switched to TOTW. I would highly recommend this brand of food if you want a healthy dog. We haven't been able to find the 30 lb bags of puppy food in the store but Amazon has a great price. We've made the switch to TOTW and won't ever leave. They make high quality food that will leave your dog really happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doing what our vet suggests, September 6, 2013
After loosing another dog to cancer, our vet spoke to us about our choices regarding foods. He told us that pets that are fed foods with grain and corn and food coloring were killings dogs at a rate of 2.75 years earlier than dogs fed grain free, color free foods. Our dogs love it, they don't eat as much for some reason, and their coats are beautiful. Going to stick with it for our new puppy and our old dogs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Food!, October 7, 2012
I have a very active German Sheperd puppy. She has been skinny since we got her until I switched her to Taste of The Wild. She loves both of the flavors of puppy food.

Rate and Discover Movies