Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Flavor: House Blend|Size: 7 Count Sticks (Pack of 12)|Change

VINE VOICEon August 5, 2009
This product converted me, I kid you not. Before: I did not think I liked instant coffee. Now: I think I do! :-)

I've tried International Coffee type products, which are powdered drink mixes and not truly instant coffee, and I was never very impressed. Eventually, I learned (and you'll laugh at me for not knowing this) that instant coffee is not a "mix" like hot chocolate but actually coffee beans treated differently in their production from coffee beans intended to be brewed. The bean is roasted as usual, then crushed (rather than cut as for brewing beans) in preparation for creating a coffee "concentrate" that will then be either freeze dried or spray dried. This product (as explained on the Nescafe website) is Robusta and Arabica beans, freeze dried, a method which may or may not be the top choice for connoisseurs of instant coffee, but being new to instant coffee I don't yet appreciate the difference.

I do know that the product in these single-serving sticks is the same product that was sold in canisters, before. This is just a new format for their current product, not a new product. And wow, for the sheer pleasure and convenience, it's a decent cup of coffee! It can't be mistaken for richly brewed coffee from a restaurant or from your home coffee machine, not even if you douse it with cream, but instead I compare it to "office" coffee, or 'cafe au cube farm', which it definitely matches in taste and quality. Easy, quick, mellow. Great idea when I'm the only soul who wants a cup of coffee and can't bear to brew just one or two lonely cups.

The big disadvantage of instant coffee, as far as I'm concerned, is that a serving of this product has only abut 65mg of caffeine compared to 45-180mg of caffeine in a brewed cup of coffee (we're talking in the upper end the way I brew mine!). I want my caffeine! The flavored versions of this product have even less caffeine per serving (at 25-30mg) although I couldn't tell you why. (This information, by the way, comes from the Nescafe website FAQ.) The other disadvantage, I suppose, is that the whole house doesn't fill with the sound and fragrance of brewing coffee when I choose to go instant. Alas.

Still, given the convenience and the decency of the beverage itself, I'm now buying these little "single sticks" pretty regularly! Recommended. :-)
on December 20, 2009
I have been very interested in Starbucks Via instant coffee line, and it made me take a new look at Taster's Choice. I was pleasantly surprised by the good taste.

I am a coffee fan that is often on the go, and I am going to use Taster's Choice to keep in my briefcase and car.

Give it a try, and you'll enjoy Taster's Choice. Via costs $10 for 12 servings with only a slightly better taste. I would rather pay a tenth of the price and have the convenient tubes of Taster's Choice.

Frugal is in and so are Taster's Choice Single Sticks.
on June 27, 2010
I used to not be able to tell the difference between any types of coffee. Now I can tell the difference between instant coffee, and not instant coffee. Once you get used to it, it's fine and I actually look forward to drinking it these days. Extremely convenient because all you need is hot water. In fact, if you just add it to a cup, you don't even have to stir it because it'll permeate through the water in a couple minutes.

Super Convenient.
Not so great tasting, but good enough.

::EDIT::
A couple months after writing this review, I had the chance to try some other instant coffees. And this is by far the best. So I've changed my opinion on this. Also, for added kick, add two packets to one cup.
on March 23, 2015
When made according to directions it's hard to tell this is instant. I have a Keurig 2.0 and it is a pain buying pods so I use this instant coffee and the hot water feature. I no longer buy the stick packs and just buy the container. Very good, I have tried different brands each time I run out just to see if there is a "better" and there isn't.
on April 28, 2015
It's not gourmet coffee, but I bought this for backpacking. It's nice to have a little coffee in the morning out in the woods or on the mountain. The packets are very small, and light.
Again, not the most tasty, but it tastes like average coffee.
on January 2, 2015
These are great to pack, but it would be nice if there was a drop more in each package. There is enough for a decent strength small mug size. It may have been a one off experience but the package amazon sent me had a relatively close expiration date (around 6 months, usually it's over a year), but it still tasted great.
on November 7, 2013
This is the best Decaf coffee I've ever had. Being instant, I think that says a lot. It has a body that I find lacking in other decafs. The sticks are very convenient to use at work or home. I find that I would much rather use this method than fresh brewed. My wife wonders why, but the convenience and taste are there: for me, anyway.
on April 20, 2009
I ordered these for my older sister in California. She has severe arthritis and can't get out much. She and her husband both just adore these individual packets. Each one is fresh when opened, not like the coffee one gets in a jar. They do not always drink coffee. Apparently, they do not get stale because someone with arthritis did not close the lid tight enough. Contrary to the bottle variety, the granules melt instantly without too much effort. The taste is fresh, easy to prepare so they are ecstatic about the thing. I order these for them as some items are cost prohibitive for their medicine ridden budget.
on March 10, 2011
I buy Taster's Choice Decaf and regular instant coffee in the "stick-style" packages for both convenience and flavor. Brewing a pot of coffee in the morning is my routine, so these little packets are supplemental for me and very convenient at home or away. The coffee flavor disputes the notion that instant can't be good, and the individual sticks are always fresh, unlike jars of instant that have an "off" taste once the jar's been opened. Frequently, in mid-afternoon, I will use half a decaf packet with half a regular packet for a mild pick-up, rather than take a full caffeine jolt. (Closing the open end of a stick by twisting it will preserve the freshness for use at a later date.) Initially, I had purchased the Taster's Choice stick packages at local supermarkets, but it's not always in stock when I need it. Also, buying in bulk at Amazon reduces the cost.
on September 25, 2015
Coffee manufacturers have finally figured out how to make good instant coffee and these are tasty and packed in neat packages. I especially like them for iced coffee -- use two per large cup to make up for all the ice, add a little flavoring, and the result is a satisfying summer drink.