5.0 out of 5 stars Do you want to see some incredible wild tattoos?
Published on January 7, 2002 by poodlebreath1

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
There were a lot of pictures of people with body suits, but not a lot of individual tatoos.
Published on January 3, 2007 by Jessica B. Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Do you want to see some incredible wild tattoos?, January 7, 2002
"poodlebreath1" (Des Moines, Washington United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tattoo (Paperback)
This is the best tattoo book I have purchased so far (and I have bought quite a few). The pictures are full color, full page and beautiful. From the basic to the outrageous and everything in between, if you are into piercings or tattoos this is a book for you. I took this book to my tattoo salon and it was a fight to get it back from the other clients, and my tattoo artist. This book caused me to do some stuff my moom isnt going to like, but heck, I am a grown-up and I can always wear a turtle neck! I totally, completely recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars a joyous celebration of the decorated body, May 21, 2004
Merrily Baird (atlanta, ga USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tattoo (Paperback)
If you are, as I am, most accustomed to reading about Japanese-style body decoration, Dale Durfee's "Tattoo" will come as a most welcome surprise. Here the tattoos represent the work of numerous artists--located primarily in the United Kingdom, the United States, and the Netherlands--and the bodies decorated are those of both men and women whose ages range from 20 years all the way up to 70. The design styles, meanwhile, embrace everything from traditional Japanese to Polynesian to a charming spread of Winnie-the-Pooh style fantasy.

Still, the most compelling aspect of Durfee's beautiful photographs is the sense of life that radiates from her models. Too often tattoo models are stiffly posed with expressionless faces. Here you can enjoy the beautiful range of artwork represented and celebrate as well the pleasure that beautiful tattoo work (and other body decoration such as piercing) has brought to those who bear it, including two well-matched middle-aged couples. How very refreshing and inspiring!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, January 3, 2007

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmm, May 5, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Tattoo (Paperback)
IMO: This book isn't all that great..Alot of pictures indeed, but they kind of left out many styles..I didn't see alot of New school tattoos..
Also, i looked thru it once and after that the book fell apart!It isn't put together well, so now i have to glue it back together..

5.0 out of 5 stars TATTOO, January 14, 2006
This review is from: Tattoo (Paperback)
COULD HAVE BEEN A LITTLE FASTER IN THE MAIL,BUT I'M VERY HAPPY (a+)

Tattoo
Tattoo by Dale Durfee (Paperback - September 14, 2009)
Used & New from: $5.72