Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 12, 2012
I have previously used H&R Block software but drew the line after agonizing over my 2010 return and the crazy things they asked but then found it didn't make a difference. All I wanted was to do my taxes in peace without tons of complicated questions. This software met that requirement. The questions were straightforward without legalese. I did upgrade to the Deluxe Edition since I had a couple issues not covered in the free version. Considering that the upgrade was ~$13 compared to the pricier TurboTax & H&R Block, I was thrilled with it. Very easy to use. If your return is the size of General Motors, this is probably not for you but if you maybe have some rentals or other sources of income, this is great software. I will be using it next year too!
on December 24, 2012
It's not the best software I have ever used, but it comes pretty close. it's very simple, very easy to understand. I have recommended this product and haven't heard any complaints to those that have used it so far.
on December 2, 2012
I've used TaxAct before and found it reliable. My taxes are a bit complicated with a Subchapter S and a LLC, and investments that pay dividends. I also have to pay income taxes in two states.

But I have been doing my own taxes for so long that I have a good grasp of the basics and know where to look for changes. Recommended for those who have some understanding of taxes and don't need a more complicated tax software package.
on March 29, 2012
I found this product to be not only up-to-date with the IRS current deductions, more importantly it was very user friendly.
on December 18, 2012
TaxAct is the easiest software I've ever used for doing my taxes. The free version is sufficient for my family. I have been using it every year since 2008, and intend to use it again this year.
on March 14, 2013
You actually work directly on the forms and the softwear checks your work. Cost is Great compared to other software and there is support as well, that I did not use but they were supposed to have if you need. I acyually upgraded to the 2012 Deluxe with state edition.
on May 3, 2013
You get a lot for a free product, and it guides you through your taxes well. However they don't let you save your tax as a real document without paying some money. Luckily there are some print to PDF solutions that work. In addition if you move the folder they automatically save your return in they delete the whole thing, and give you a message about their software only being for use with one tax return. So wherever they put the folder on your computer it must stay there for eternity, or as long as you want to save your tax return in the software. They don't mention that little gem to you!
on November 29, 2014
Not the easiest, but it works, it installs, it runs, and then you have the return, for some $$ you can then file it over the Internet. These days that is as close as I want to be to the Infernal Ripoff Service.
on February 17, 2014
It was low low priced to be free. I just hope it comes out yearly not just for one year. So I can continuously have it to help me with my tax questions. I also think the government should do it yearly since the tax laws changes so much yearly that we can hardly follow them.
on April 11, 2014
Software is a must to get your taxes done. The IRS couldn't find my return for 2011 (guess I should not have donated to a conservative group) so it would have cost me hundreds to have an expert do it, so I got this product and other years too.