Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Taylor Precision Products Digital Cooking Thermome...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 80% off the $58.09 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Taylor Precision Products Digital Cooking Thermometer/Timer
|Price:||$17.88 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$40.21 (69%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- This digital thermometer measures temperatures from 32- to 392-degrees Fahrenheit.
- A durable stainless steel probe with a 4-foot silicone cord allows monitoring of food without removing it from the oven.
- Additional features include an automatic time and temperature alarm.
- Features a stand-up display for countertop use, or a magnet for attachment to an oven door.
- Requires two (2) AAA batteries (included).
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Package Quantity: 1
Top Customer Reviews
* This one, which I still use daily and think of in terms of "better the Devil you know..."
* The similar-looking but less well-thought-out Oneida 31161 Digital Thermometer & Timer, which is annoyingly loud and also scoots backwards when you press Start/Stop.
* The Oregon Scientific AW131 Grill Right Wireless Talking Oven/Barbeque Thermometer, which is a horrible "talking" design with a stiff learning curve that is utterly unaided by the manual, but has ONE feature that makes it worth learning and makes me forgive all its sins: its probe can survive 572 F.
* The Maverick Wireless Cooking Thermometer, which works well, but I don't quite get the point of the "iPod interface"
So, to this one. First thing you need to know is: buy a spare probe, because they don't last very long. They can be damaged by heat greater than 350F. That is just too low - there are many times when hotter ovens are necessary. When a probe goes bad, there is no indication until an expensive roast gets carbonized. This, of course, always seems to happen when guests are present. Spare probes are available at a decent price from taylorusa dot com. Come to think of it: get two.Read more ›
Still, the probe does melt down as other have said. I typically get about 30 to 50 uses before I need to purchase another. The problem occurs mostly when the oven temp exceeds 350, as I lose most probes when baking breads. Still, I can't live without it, I just wish Taylor would start selling a package of probes for my dozen `timers' that I have sitting around the kitchen. It would be 5 stars if the probes didn't die.
Taylor Model #1470 additional probes are available at the listed price of
$5.00 each. Taylor does not take credit cards or Cod, personal check or
money order will do. Please when ordering please write the part number
(#1470RP) somewhere on the check or money order. Please make out to the
Taylor Precision Products
2220 Entrada del Sol
Las Cruces, NM 88001
Attn: E. Salas
Although the thermometer is cheap having to go through so many probes is absolutely ridiculous.
I am looking for an alternative.
Taylor website less than helpful. Can not find replacement probes. Nice when it worked but not worth the price per use.
The device is amazingly easy to use. If you can program a digital watch, you can figure this gadget out. It also has a timer function in case you are working on two dishes at once.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have purchased two of these over the past 8 years and while it works great eventually the thermometer probe stops working with use and you have to buy another. Read morePublished 21 hours ago by stellahaus
Very handy. I have it give 5 stars, seemg like it will hold up and it works as just as promised. I do however wish it world work under the broiler, it isn't advised to to use with... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Tammy
This broke in less than a year. The display won't register anything other the "low" temp with or without the probe in it. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Beamer
Lasted 1 day. Used it with a smoker and the lid melted the probe cord. Probably my fault, but you'd think this would have a little more heat resistance built in. Read morePublished 1 day ago by R. Nadler
Works as expected! Very handy for telling temperature of food as I am cooking. It is small so it stores nicely.Published 1 day ago by Maggie McArdle