Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Taylor Made Products Tuff End Inflatable Vinyl Boat Buoy (15", White)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Style Name: Color - White|Size: 15" Diameter|Change

on July 11, 2012
The inflation mechanism for this buoy is the world's worst. The label says, "Patented TRIValve for easy inflation." I have tried all three inflation schemes. Direct inflation by an 'air compressor without removing the valve' does not work at all. 'High pressure hand pump with needle' does not work at all. Removing the valve for 'easy inflation' will inflate the buoy, but when you remove the hose from the air compressor to re-install the TRIValve, much of the air flows back out. There are forums on the Internet regarding this poor inflation mechanism. Wish I had read them before I bought the buoy. The buoy itself seems well-made otherwise, but don't be fooled by the claim that it is easy to inflate. It is not. Using the third filling method, you will get air inside the buoy, but when you get the valve re-inserted, you will be left with a lumpy, somewhat deflated buoy.
on June 7, 2013
The inflation valve has a Phillips-head on it, which allows you to remove the valve altogether. This isn't how you inflate the bouy. Leave the valve installed and stick an inflation needle, like you'd use on a basketball, THROUGH THE CENTER of the Phillips-head cross, and inflate.
on May 2, 2013
Before purchasing this product I was a little reserved about all of the reviews saying it was impossible to inflate. I bought two of them and they arrived this morning. At first I got very frustrated because like all other reviews indicated I was unable to inflate the buoys. However, after looking at the design I figured there was no way that a needle for basketballs could inflate these as the directions state. I decided I would turn on my air compressor and try anyway just for kicks before taking them to my boat dealer. While I'm not sure if a bicycle pump would have enough pressure to inflate these, my air compressor with a basketball needle installed had no problem inflating both of the buoys within 45 seconds. Again, not sure if a bicycle pump could do it, especially since you have to hold the needle inside the triple action valve while inflating the buoy, but with an air compressor it was no problem at all. Hope this helps some people that had problems in the past or for people on the fence with a purchase of this item. If anyone needs a video of how I inflated the buoy just let me know and I post a video review to show how simple and quick it is.
on October 17, 2013
Thirty years ago my kids received as a gift from their sailor-godmother one of these vinyl buoys along, with 6 yards of strong nylon rope. We hung the buoy from the highest tree branch we could manage to reach--25 feet up, or so--and after 15 years of our kids swinging on it , we gave it to a friend with growing toddlers. Now, thirty years later, we have purchased a new buoy for our three-year-old granddaughter who lives among the tall maples and evergreens of Vermont. She sits atop the buoy, legs wrapped safely around the heavy top, and her parents push her miles high into the air; and when by herself, she pushes the swing all around by herself, jumping out of its arced path. A life-time of joy!!!
on June 29, 2011
We purchased these to use as corner anchors for our swim area at our lake. They are working out beautifully. They are heavy duty and extremely durable especially since we are on the windier side of the lake. We researched marinas, different websites, catalogs but couldn't find just exactly what we were looking for. I usually shop Amazon for books and decided to see what they had. Glad I saved the best for last!
on August 15, 2012
Works well for a anchor buoy keeping boats from cruising over your anchor line. Attach a 4 to 5 foot line to the buoy and a large ring (Metal or weighted) to the other end of the line. Put your anchor line through the ring and toss out. weighted ring will sink to the line depth and the buoy on top.
on February 1, 2013
Nothing worse than a sore back after a great day of boating and fishing. This anchor float will solve that problem for good. Simply attach it to an pacific ironwood anchor puller and drive away from anchored spot, the float will then slide down the anchor rope and retrieve your anchor from the bottom of the lake/ocean/river . You simply pull the rope back in the boat off the surface and your ready to go. This 15" float will easily pull a 25# anchor from depths of 200+ feet. No more sore back and arms!!! Makes moving from spot to spot much easier as well. Spend more time finding where the fish are at and less time pulling rope.
on April 27, 2015
The buoy appears to be very solid but the inflation is almost impossible. There is no way to stick a needle through the inflation valve since it has a solid bottom--I suppose I could force it through but then the air might leak out. If I take out the valve and blow the buoy up the air escapes before I can replace the valve--there is no flap to prevent the air from escaping like on most inflatables. It's possible mine is defective but I've decided just to keep it in its somewhat lumpy state since it will work for me even though it doesn't look too good.
on April 4, 2014
These are very heavy duty made bouys. I use them as fenders on a 80 ton boat. I am on an open dock subject to ship and tug wakes. My former fenders were another brand and split at the seams. These are guaranteed not to split.
on November 17, 2015
Appears to be good quality. I filled with air, no problem. Some folks complained about that, but I just pressed the air hose up against the fill point and the air forced its way in, and was held in by the one way valve. Since getting this, I've noticed this type is preferred by sea going professionals.