Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Taylor Weekend Warrior Digital Fork Thermometer-Discontinued By Manufacturer
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 12, 2007
This fork thermometer takes an accurate temp reading; and is a good deal for the price. It does have one quirk -it has a button to toggle between Celsius and Fahrenheit which I keep accidentally hitting when I hold the fork. So I end up reading the temperature wrong because it has inadvertently changed to Celcius. Just be aware of this and the fork will work fine for all sorts of cooking.
on February 19, 2009
I purchased and reviewed another meat thermometer and gave it one star due to how long it took to come up to temp. I got this Taylor in hopes of much quicker read time, and definitely got what I was looking for.

It comes up to temp in about 2-3 seconds (very fast in my book), and the bright blue display with big numbers is easy to read. The design feels solid and sturdy, not cheap, and I like that it's water resistant. If I were to give any criticisms, I don't really like the "Hold" feature and find it pointless. I wish the backlight stayed on all the time and you didn't have to press "hold" for the backlight. But, for the price, this doesn't ruin the 5-star value to me. I don't think you could find a better meat thermometer for this price.
on January 3, 2007
This thermometer is terrific. It works quickly and the handle is long enough that you don't burn yourself on the heat from the coals. I highly recommend this product.
on March 13, 2009
Ok this product started out ok the first time or two and now it does not work at all. I just gave up and threw it away after replacing the batteries several times.
on September 17, 2008
This thermometer is easy to use, easy to clean, and seems to be accurate. Not sure what else you could ask for.
on November 6, 2008
This was an excellent purchase for the money but you get what you pay for. It takes a while for the screen to display the temperature of the food. It has a cheep feel to it. If you have the money purchase and instant read food thermometer and a seperate fork. But again for the money it does what it is supposed to do, that is why I gave it 4 stars. it also does display in F and C. Every Griller should have a food thermometer, it helps immensly when trying to make sure poultry is safe to eat and so you don't overcook meat.
on September 21, 2012
This model contains features of electronic thermometers that cost twice as much. So far it has proved both reliable and easy to use. The product description on the site is very detailed and accurate, so you should know exactly what you are getting. I did quite a bit of research when replacing our last one (which died), and I did not find anything else with all these features in this price range.
on September 23, 2012
Very...very.....slow....to read a temperature. The temperature goes up by about 3 degrees per second. This gets to be annoying when holding it over a 500 degree BBQ. The display is not back-lit, so had to read in the evening light. The temperature seems accurate, and it is easy to use. Construction is solid enough. Overall, good for the price but I would pay more for a faster one with a back light next time.
on December 17, 2012
I'm glad I bought this product. I kept having issues with the steak being too rare or too well done. Now i'm able to get it just right. I do wish it was a bit longer because you do have to hold it in the meat for a decent amount of time and if you keep the meat on the grill while you do it, your hand gets really hot!
on April 29, 2013
Used this digital fork for the first time yesterday and was very disappointed. At first it didn't work at all so I checked the batteries (Tianqui brand....never heard of them before, obviously the cheapest brand they could find!) and discovered they were out of shape and on the verge of leaking. I replaced them with new batteries (Duracell) and the fork lit up. However, I was not very happy with the fork's performance, it seemed to take forever to read the temperature, which was quite uncomfortable over a hot BBQ. Would not recommend this fork.