4.0 out of 5 stars Added 25 yards
Published 19 months ago by Geyser Lover

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't fix your swing, buy this driver
Published 15 months ago by Leon S. Goddard

4.0 out of 5 stars Added 25 yards, March 31, 2013
I bought this 2 months ago and the first thing I noticed was how easy it is to adjust to my desired settings. I measured my drives yesterday and found my average drives had gone from between 210 to 230, up to 250 yards. I have a senior flex, set to 10.5 degrees loft and 3 degrees closed to counter my slice. Well, the slice is gone, but... I could not get my ball to draw, even with the counter weight set to draw emphasis. Overall, with the lighter shaft, and the adjustable head, I really like this driver. A bit expensive, but that is to be expected of new equipment. With it, my confidence level is way up, and that transfers to more yards off the tee and shorter shots into the green. Oh yeah, and lower scores. But that is why we play the game.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't fix your swing, buy this driver, July 17, 2013
This review is from: TaylorMade Men's R1 Driver (Sports)
I had the 2013 Taylormade R1 driver for about three weeks before deciding to list it for sale. This driver is really cool looking and can be extremely helpful to some golfers. If you would like to make directional corrections of the tee without changing your swing, this driver is for you. Using the multiple adjustments, you can create a higher or lower ball flight. You can straighten out a slice, fade, draw and even a hook. From my experience with this driver, if you already hit the ball fairly straight and just need extra distance, this is not the driver for you. If you normally hook or slice, this driver will help to straighten out that ball flight and as a result, you will see some extra distance off the tee. I went to the range on 3 separate occasions and put this driver up against my 2007 Taylormade Burner. I've hit just about every driver that Taylormade came out with since 2005 and in my opinion, the 2007 Burner is still their best ever (for my swing). My 2007 Burner blows past the R1 each and every time. It's easier to swing and the ball flight is much straighter. For many golfers out there, the R1 will be a benefit, but unfortunately it was not for me. Also, the sound this driver makes brought back memories of my first square Nike driver. My recommendation is to bring your current driver to the store and hit your driver as well as the one you're considering. If your current driver is producing similar or better results, spend the cash on a weekend get-away instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars This club is great!, November 24, 2013
it is everything that it was advertised to be. The club is totally adjustable and I am longer by 10 yards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product – buy one!, November 17, 2013
Excellent driver with technology at the best price available. My drives are longer hire him better formed then with my previous driver. Excellent product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this club, July 26, 2013
After two rounds and getting the settings the way I wanted them, I am impressed. Longer than my 5-year old Callaway and more consistent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., June 25, 2013
It's a great Driver. You can use it if you are a professional or even an amateur at Golf. 100% recomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love technology, December 4, 2013
When I tuned it a slight fade became a soft draw and adjusting the loft increased my carry. At 65 I'm off the tee longer then I ever have been. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars TINK!!!!! love that sound...., July 23, 2013
This review is from: TaylorMade Men's R1 Driver (Sports)
Those old boring drivers not doing it for you eh? Need something with a little more "oompf" than just your regular old driver? Welp the Ferrari Scuderia is here. Wait i mean the Taylormade R1.

Although the R1 may be fashioned after the Italian Supercar, I don't think you'll be picking up many chicks with this club. However you will pick up some yards and perhaps fix that dreaded slice or hook you've been trying to stop. With its racing inspired "V-Stripe" the top of the club actually does help you line up the ball better than on a standard driver. The V shape really helps you see where the sweet-spot should be on the face, and creates the illusion on forgiveness (on the RBZ Stage 2, its like hitting a ball with the tip of a triangle, if you miss your screwed! however this is like hitting it with a hockey stick, you got plenty of room, JUST GO FOR IT).

Relate-able to the Ferrari is the sound. ITS LOUD! Compare this driver to the RBZ Stage 2, though maybe not AS loud, its damn close. I quite enjoy this sound, it allows to to hear when you hit that sweet-spot and man everyone around you will too. If like me your hitting on an indoor or sheltered driving range you may want to bring Earmuff's fit for a firing range because the resonance can be pretty harsh. Mmmm love it.

The driver feels good too. Miss-hit, that's okay, it wont break your arm but you'll definitely notice the loss of power in both feel and performance. Hit it just right and you feel like a pro. Smooth, but springy. A tad lighter than most drivers of this category, but there are weights to fix that no problem.

Finally the best part and what your really paying for. Customization, customization, customization. Oh my word can you customize, and you can even customize the custom...ized.... First off you can change the degrees of loft. This makes the club sell its-self already. You can go from 8 Degrees to 12 in half degree increments (eg 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5 etc...) Next you can adjust the Face angle; normal, really really open to really really closed. Fix that hook or slice no prob. (Though better to just learn to hit the club proper...) and lastly the toe-heel weight ratio. This is think is who-plah. Okay so you'll feel it a little, but for the most part if you plan on changing the weight ratio you should buy heavier weights separately to really feel them.

Overall, great club, great looks, Not a ferrari (disappointing), cant pick up chicks are the course (also disappointing), will improve your game, and impress thy range neighbors. EVEN COMES WITH A HEADCOVER!

Good luck, Play hard, Have fun, GOLF!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Driver REALLY increased My Distance, August 20, 2013
We all buy clubs seeking to find an advantage that makes a significant improvement in our game. This is really the first club I've purchased, and I have purchased hundreds, that truly made a difference. I am hitting it roughly 30 yards further than any driver I have owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taylor Made R-1, August 14, 2013
Club is absolutely awesome. Noticed a major difference on my first round out of the box with the factory settings. Headed out this weekend to fine tune.