Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 5, 2012
I wanted to compare these balls to my regular ball Titelist Pro v1x. They are a little more durable and they seem to go a few yards longer (I got a little more roll w/Rocketballz). They seem to have about 70% of the spin/holding/stopping ability compared to the Pro v1x. I would recommend these balls to anyone who is looking for a little more distance and a little less spin. The price is about 45% less than the Pro v1x (that's one of the reasons I tried them in the 1st place). But I like the stopping ability of the Titleist better and even though they are almost twice the price I am going to stick with the Titleist Pro V1x.
on October 5, 2013
Here is what I look for in a golf ball:
How a ball feels, flies and spins off of my clubs; how it feels and rolls when I putt.
I tools sleeve to the course yesterday and here is my observation of the ball.
On drives and long irons the ball feels good off the tee. (Subjective, I know, but it doesn't feel like I'm hiring a rock.) It's not as soft as the Pro V1 but not as hard as the NXT Solo. The flight seems to be a mid trajectory flight. There's less spin than I expected as well. However the distance was easily five to eight yards longer than the Pro V1.

On short irons I found that the trajectory was too low for my liking. It made it harder to control my 100 yard shots. Yet if someone played this ball regularly it would be something I think they could control. When chipping, I couldn't control the flight all that well, making my chips roll a lot farther than what I want.

Putting: here's where I don't like the ball. It doesn't feel soft enough for me and it rolls too fast. As an example, a five foot putt that I'll either make or leave short an inch or two went two feet past the hole. This happened several times.

It's a decent golf ball but I won't be using it. Hope this helps.
on May 18, 2013
I like these golf balls. They seem to hit and feel very good although I don't have anything scientific to back that up. Maybe it's just the way they feel, but I will defiantly play these from now on.
on August 20, 2012
I was just looking for a good middle high quality golf ball and this did the job for a while. I ended up moving up to the taylormade TP3's for a little more greenside spin and not the TP5's because too much spin would have thrown off my drives. I have found that you can typically get these on sale for $18 to $22 in stores and 4A/5A about $1 each online.

I used these for a few weeks before I upgraded to the TP3's. The rocketballz were durable, although I did not hit any trees, carts or hard objects they lasted a long time without taking much wear. They were soft off drives and had good greenside control. There are probably better balls, but I would suggest giving these a shot if you are looking for a good 3 layer ball without paying too much.

If you are looking for a cheaper 2 layer ball I liked the Callaway warbirds. If you lose more then 3 balls per 18 holes rocketballz($1 - $2.25) or TP3's($1.80 - $3) each add up quickly if you are on a low budget. I was able to get Callaway warbirds easily under $1 each and usually for 50 cents each online or for sale used locally.
All in all find a ball that works well with your game and stick with it and get used to it. All balls perform a little differently one will not make you a pro, but the wrong one may hurt your game. If you get a tour level ball with way too much spin it will probably end up hurting your accuracy much more then it helps.
on April 26, 2013
You just have to have balls that match your irons and woods. Seriously,these are another great product from Taylormade. Try them you will like them.
on May 16, 2014
these are good balls for the average golfer. don't think they are much different that other balls on the market.
on September 22, 2013
Amazing action from this ball!! A must have for an average player! I was able to gain 20 yards on every shot.
on January 27, 2013
I bought them as a gift and they have not been hit yet, they feel good on the putter though.
on March 22, 2016
great product, fast ship, good seller, will buy again.
on November 19, 2013
The balls are long and flight well but bounce and roll off the green. I wouldn't recommend for anyone who wants the ball to bite when it hits the green.