Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on January 23, 2013
Yet another show Warner Bros. made in the 90's which was not the best show made, but is worth checking out is having the first 13 episodes released on DVD this coming May. No I'm not complaining about it, it's just that Taz in the show just sits their and does nothing while the supporting characters have more impact in the show. But I still recommend this for those who want this show on DVD so bad.

Disc 1

*Mishap in the Mist/Toothache Taz
*Bewitched Bob
*Instant Replay/Taz and the Pterodactyl
*Comic Madness/Blunders Never Cease Pup Goes the Wendal/I'm OK, You're Taz

There were 65 episode made and this show will maybe have 5 volumes if they continue with the releases after this. So keep praying Looney Tunes fans.
44 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2013
First things first thank you Warner Bros. your the best! for putting Taz-Mania on DVD it just made me so happy when I saw the first season I was like OMG! Ya! totally liken this show. Now for the DVD the DVD picture quality is great nice clear clean and just right for a 90's cartoon loved it the sound is perfect it's just right nothings missing + the episodes in this Vol. is out of this world you get 13 episodes each episode includes 2 that's just wonderful the artwork on the DVD cover is cool full color pictures are great good job with that. The only thing I didn't like was the DVD artwork I mean not to be mean about it but they could of added lots of different color not just sky-blue if it's that color but whatever doesn't matter to me what matters is the show! =) =) =) I highly recommend this Vol. you'll enjoy very much.
on February 28, 2014
Everyone knows the Tasmanian Devil. He's a classic Looney Tunes character who's whirling dervish of devouring destruction. Not everyone, however, knows that Tazzie has his own animated TV series !

That's right, "Taz-Mania" stars the belligerent beast and a whole outback of original characters including Taz's entire family ! Join Taz as he goes through many adventures from his homeland down under in 13 episodes on two discs including:

"Like Father, Like Son" - Taz and his dad try to do some family bonding, but it turns out harder than they thought.
"Frights of Passage" - A native kid named Francis Bushlad attempts to capture Taz for his tribe.
"The Dog the Turtle Story" - Taz encounters a turtle and tries to keep it as a pet as long as his folks don't find out.
"Devil in the Deep Blue Sea" - Didgeri Dingo and an unwilling Taz go on a deep-sea treasure hunt.
"A Devil of a Job" - In an attempt to earn money for a scooter, Taz gets a job at a hotel.
"It's No Picnic" - Taz's family go on an outing unaware of the scheming Bull and Axl Gator are out to get them.
"Here, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty" - Taz's sister Molly brings home a kitten and Taz tries his best not to devour the adorable feline.
"Toothache Taz" - Taz gets a toothache and because he doesn't want to go to the dentist, he visits the inventive Platypus brothers instead.
"Comic Madness" - Taz cannot seem to stop reading comic books, so he tries to seek help from his family.
"I'm Okay, You're Taz" - Taz buys some motivational videos from Buddy Boar and becomes a whole different Tasmanian Devil as a result.

No special features to say, but the series itself is fine enough especially not a lot of kids today have never heard of it. I myself have heard of it before, but I am not sure it was on Cartoon Network or what. Anywho, Volume Two of Season One is available now and look for more classic Warner Bros. cartoons coming to DVD soon hoping to get some newfound recognition.
on February 6, 2013
Way back when, I watched Taz-Mania and thought it was a brilliant show. The characters and gags were thought out much better than the other WB cartoon series (Tiny Toon Adventures) that was running at the time although the animation was definitely worse than TTA. A bit like Bullwinkle and Rocky, who more than made up for their low budget animation with top notch writing. I recorded every single episode on VHS and recently transferred THESE to recordable DVD's. Well about 2/3 of them anyway. An epic recording fail obliterated about 1/3 of the episodes after I had mostly filled up a disc, and I had already thrown away the master tape. So I suppose I'll do the honest/legal thing and buy the Taz-Mania DVD's as they come to recover the episodes I lost. I'm happy to see one of my DVD transfer "casualties" "Enter the Devil" on this one (a excellent spoof of badly dubbed early 1970's era kung fu movies) as well as one with the Bushrats (those who are fluent in French and German particularly will hear some funny stuff in their subtitled "gibberish"). Among my other "casualties" that I'm waiting for in future volumes are the Christmas special (yes, there was one), "To Catch a Taz" (chock full of references to old Alfred Hitchcock movies, seriously) and two of the Willie Wombat episodes (you know, the nice little guy who's Taz's fanboy but, much to his chagrin, gets typecast as Taz's enemy).
From what I can see here, not enough episodes just yet with Bull and Axl (the bumbling alligators who almost certainly inspired Pinky and the Brain on Animaniacs), Francis X. Bushlad (the stuck up tribal kid who can never catch Taz), and the Platypus Brothers (whose lives revolve around do-it-yourself projects that fail just as epically as my DVD recorder occassionally does).
on March 31, 2014
some tv shows don't age well with time, thankfully this cannot be said about taz mania. this show was classic as a young kid and sharing it with my kid's now we get to relive some of that fun. the dvd sets are nice but 13 episodes go by way too fast. I give it 4 stars because WB could have easily put 26 episode's on a 4 disc set instead of splitting it up like this.
on November 10, 2013
Loved this show growing up. Now I can enjoy watching it with my kids. They love watching it with us on Saturday mornings. My husband has a thing for keeping that Saturday morning carton thing alive. That's one of the shows we watch while having a nice big family breakfast.
on May 3, 2013
It's the first 13 episodes of the show, "The Taz, Taz, Taz-Mania Show"! Why? Because, Taz is on the loose.

The Dog the Turtle Story-
Here, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty; Enter the Devil
Bewitched Bob
Instant Replay; Taz and the Pterodactyl
Pup Goes the Wendal; I'm OK, You're Taz

Own this DVD today. Also look out for Season 1, Part 2: Who Let the Taz Out?! coming August 6th.
on June 12, 2013
This is a fun cartoon show, well written and drawn by hand, no computers were used in this production. I really enjoy that this series is finally being made available. I will acquire the next season without fail.
on August 31, 2015
Taz is just classic Looney tunes funny that is worth watching over and over again. I have a granddaughter that just laughs. The cartoon stuff they have going on today just doesn't compare.
on April 6, 2013
I seen this. Show on here I didn't think twice,had to preorder ,awsome show I remember watching it growing up.hope they put more out